And this was his original post: Hey all...thanks for your concern. It was me.
As the news apparently said (I haven't had time to catch up on any news) Sue I were working on the ST. We were changing some body panels that had come in. Somehow I had apparently knocked a fuel line loose. We were done for the night and went inside to clean up. Something made me look out into the garage. I saw a huge puddle of fuel literally pouring out of the ST. I was just thinking about what a mess I had to clean up when it flashed over.
I screamed at my brother and Sue to get out of the house. I raced to my pantry to get a fire bottle I had there. Byt the time I got to the garage it was fully engulfed. I evacuated myself then.
Basically everything is lost. All the bikes. My Element. My truck. BUT...I am ok as is my brother and Sue. We are just VERY shook up.
Life has taken yet another unexpected turn for me. The last couple years haven't been the best of my life. But I'll be ok. PLEASE don't feel sorry for me. I am insured. I WILL be ok.
Sucks, especially so close to Christmas. He's now posted about 75% of the house was damaged. At least everyone is okay.
"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
Damn that's awful especially at this time of year. I had something similar happen to a neighbor, but it was from placing a paper bag of fireplace ashes in the garage, that must not have been completely out...It was just before Christmas too...they will pull through but it still sucks. My prayers are with them also.
That sucks but I can tell you that most people make out better with their house after the fire .all new interiors, code upgrades that the insurance company pays for.So initially it looks bad but there is definitely some silver in that lining.