I don't know how to title this thread. Just come look please. - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SPDSKTR

post #1 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
I'm THAT Guy

I don't know how to title this thread. Just come look please.

I went to a friend's house to try to locate the speedometer corrector since I changed my sprocket setup. The previous owner had a 15/45 combo on it and I changed it to the much more timid 17/44 setup. After learning the speed sensor connector was behind the air intake horn, I figured I'd just trace the wire until I found the corrector.

I took off the side cover, no big deal. I then removed the three screws that hold the horn on. After removing the third screw and popping off the intake horn, I was greeted with...

Yeah. You're seeing that correctly.

Pretzels.

Believe me or don't. Whatever. I promise you this happened just yesterday evening. My friend was my witness and we were both completely baffled. There was a lot of surprise and howling laughter between us. We really had no idea what to think.

I texted the previous owner of the bike (first time I've talked to him since I actually bought the bike) about it and his reaction was about the same as mine.

From his message, I concluded he never took off the airbox cover in the short time he owned the bike before I bought it. However, he was apparently VERY confused upon finding a random pretzel lodged in his swingarm.

Considering how many were in there, this had to have been done intentionally. They must have packed the airbox full of pretzels and quickly put the cover back on, because they were spilling out the minute I removed the cover. The only question left that needs answering is WHY. Our theories include a prank that went undiscovered or unrevealed, a pissed off mechanic, or maybe the previous-previous owner's kid got crafty and took apart the airbox to pack it full of pretzels.

Pretzels.

What the actual shit?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Left of Centre

The old "added-hp-by-pretzel" mod, eh? Excellent!

post #3 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
I'm THAT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1w1Boy View Post
The old "added-hp-by-pretzel" mod, eh? Excellent!
Maybe the theory was that the salt on the pretzels would remove the moisture from the air before it entered the engine.
mcromo44 likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 01:00 PM
919 Rider

WTF! They were packed into a bag. So it couldn't have been a critter.

post #5 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 01:15 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
WTF! They were packed into a bag. So it couldn't have been a critter.
I believe he said that he put them in a bag after he pulled them out, but they were found in the airbox unpackaged. I wonder if you'd lose any horsepower from an intake full of pretzels. Probably not, but now I know where I'm gonna store stuff if I need to smuggle anything over the border.

post #6 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 01:20 PM
919 Rider

If the pretzels were loose in there I wonder if a rat/squirrel did it.

post #7 of 9 Old 03-06-2020, 01:36 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Maybe the theory was that the salt on the pretzels would remove the moisture from the air before it entered the engine.
Damn, you beat me to the punch !!!! LoLs!!!!!!

post #8 of 9 Old 03-07-2020, 04:44 AM
Tirone

You are not alone. Found a mouse nest full of acorns in my 919 when I got it.

post #9 of 9 Old 03-09-2020, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
I'm THAT Guy

There was no hair or droppings or scratches inside the intake duct or air filter that showed any kind of rodent activity. With that said, I'm almost certain it had to have either been a prank or a child with some small hands.

Either way, with the pretzels removed and with the 17/44 gearing setup, this thing runs harder than Usain Bolt being chased by reporters. Yeah, the stupid amounts of torque from the 15/45 setup are gone, but let's be real... it's still absurdly quick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode