Hornet 900 Side Stand Switch installation Help - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 08-01-2020, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Hornet 900 Side Stand Switch installation Help

Hi Guys.

Just purchased my Honda Hornet 900 about 2 weeks ago and the side stand switch wasn't working. I thought originally it needed a good clean up, but upon a close inspection I discovered there is no side stand switch installed and the side stand is mounted by a third party bolt with no nut.

So I purchased the side stand switch from a wrecker and a prescribed bolt and a nut from a local Honda dealer.
I managed to install the side stand switch and checked for the continuity using a multi-meter. Works as designed.

I located (I think) the other connector/wire (see pics) below and the male connector was cutoff/missing and just soldered short for the bike to start regardless of the side stand position.

1. Would anyone know the part or a part number for a male connector that is missing? Or should I just get 2 pin connectors from a local electronics store to replace both?

2. How do you run a side stand switch wire? I ran it to avoid a chain and exhaust through the middle of a swing arm and fed thru the rubber sleeve that had other wires but not sure if that is the right way

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side2.jpg (95.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg side 3.jpg (159.0 KB, 3 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-03-2020, 12:28 AM
Left of Centre

Hey man, I don't know if this is how it left the factory, but mine runs forward, around the front sprocket cover, then up, as you can see from the attached pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8061.jpg (179.1 KB, 6 views)

post #3 of 3 Old 08-03-2020, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks very much for a pic, I rewired it just like that. I think I will just cut of the connector and get a matching plugs from a local electronics store to connect the switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode