• 1 Post By Sniper-x
  • 4 Post By Sniper-x
  • 2 Post By Bigdaa
  • 1 Post By Bigdaa
  • 3 Post By Sniper-x

post #1 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Have you seen the new Harley's?

That Streetfighter looks good. Not sure about the others. Got o hand it to Harley for being ballsey enough to try something different, for them at least.

Maybe someone can post a link. Or go to Popular Mechanics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 03:09 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Wow, which Buell does that look like?

I thought HD poopoo'd Buell.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...eweight-range/

post #3 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

That is no Buell. Other than the basic niche, nothing in common.

I like it!
mcromo44 likes this.

post #4 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 06:10 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper-x View Post
That is no Buell. Other than the basic niche, nothing in common.

I like it!
Look at the style, it's not like any HD I've seen before. It looks like a sport bike. I can't remember any HD that ever had a look like that. When I say Buell, I'm not talking about all the details like brakes and whatnot, I'm talking about the look, that's really a sport bike kinda look.
mcromo44 likes this.

post #5 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 06:18 PM
McTavish

I never thought the day would come that I'd explain out loud with enthusiasm instead of derision, "That's a Harley?!"

post #6 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 08:07 PM
Centurion

I like the street fighter but will cost too much & weigh even more.

post #7 of 34 Old 07-31-2018, 09:27 PM
Centurion

Garage
it's a harley so meh

post #8 of 34 Old 08-01-2018, 12:55 AM
919 Rider

Never been much of a Harley guy but I don't mind the look of that Harley street fighter. Looks mean.
ewmin3m likes this.

post #9 of 34 Old 08-01-2018, 04:45 AM
Milites Gregarius

I’ve been bleating about H-D for the same time (or at least since getting my license) as them saying “millennials are killing us because they don’t want to buy American” that they should look to Triumph for their strategy to survive. They’ve lived off of their reputation, merch business and shrinking demographic for too long.

Finally it looks like they’re looking to broaden themselves.

The streetfighter looks pretty good, but I don’t think I’d sell my 919 for it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #10 of 34 Old 08-01-2018, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

If you like your 919, don't ride anything newer. I did, and I never looked back. The 990 Super Duke made the 919 feel obsolete. The Ducati 848 Streetfighter makes the Super Duke feel outdated.

That Harley Streetfighter is going to cost what a Ducati, KTM, or BMW does.

I'll bet it won't weigh much more than that 467 pound CB1000R

I really like the ergonomics of my 990 Super Duke, and Ducati Streetfighter. They're real narrow between the knees, with a lot of legroom. A V/L 2 engine works well with a Streetfighter type motorcycle. I hope the term Naked Bike goes away.

I'll have to see the spec sheet, read some reviews. I'm skeptical and hopeful.
steev and Islandboy like this.

post #11 of 34 Old 08-01-2018, 05:49 AM
Milites Gregarius

Where will these bikes be built? I know the current XG models are built overseas, I can't imagine these bikes would be built in the US if they are an XG model line. Theses bikes were likely designed in India.

post #12 of 34 Old 08-01-2018, 07:08 AM
just send it.

Garage

[This space for rent]
post #13 of 34 Old 08-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Centurion

Garage
Plus all these new taxes put forward by the orange orangutan will definitely not help, from an economic stand point I mean :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray.beard View Post
Where will these bikes be built? I know the current XG models are built overseas, I can't imagine these bikes would be built in the US if they are an XG model line. Theses bikes were likely designed in India.
Islandboy likes this.

post #14 of 34 Old 08-02-2018, 01:06 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
Plus all these new taxes put forward by the orange orangutan will definitely not help, from an economic stand point I mean :P
HD has been having trouble for a LONG LONG time. Look at he protection they got back in the 80's when they couldn't make things work back then. They got tariffs for everything over 700cc.

Quote:
The action, which becomes effective in 15 days, affects large highway motorcycles with an engine displacement of more than 700 cubic inches,the only market in which Harley-Davidson now manufactures. It would raise the current tariff of 4.4 percent to 49.4 percent in the first year of the five-year program.
So the 919 would cost quite a bit more because of what HD did if it were still in place.

BTW, this is what gave birth to the 700S, Honda made a new bike because of what HD did that kept the performance with a smaller engine.

HD has produced a lot of junk over the years. Quality issues seem non stop, getting 100K from an HD is pretty damn rare.
Diablo likes this.

post #15 of 34 Old 08-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Centurion

Quote:
Trump is not starting a trade war; he's ending one.

Harley created their own fate long ago by making nothing more than status symbols for decades. They drank their own Kool-Aid to the point they propagated, endorsed, & supported a clear distinction between a Harley rider & a motorcyclist in general. You were in or out & that used to be fine with them.

I'm sure Honda loved sleeving down their Shadows, Magnas & Interceptors in the interest of free trade as Karl Jay Mentioned. Your slicky-frat-boy in office up there probably was not even born then.

post #16 of 34 Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Discen

That 1250 Custom just looks confused, like a cafe racer got humped by a harley.
God knows how it handles the tight corners with that massive front wheel.
As for the streetfighter, it has some pretty tough competition.

post #17 of 34 Old 08-02-2018, 06:35 PM
919 Rider

While I like the look of that Harley street fighter I'm a Japanese bike fan. Just love em all. They are cheap, common, reliable and go and go. Huge variety, there's one to suit everyone. There are enough big jap bike makers to make it competitive and exciting. The Japanese are excellent engineers and innovators. Clever buggers.

post #18 of 34 Old 08-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
While I like the look of that Harley street fighter I'm a Japanese bike fan. Just love em all. They are cheap, common, reliable and go and go. Huge variety, there's one to suit everyone. There are enough big jap bike makers to make it competitive and exciting. The Japanese are excellent engineers and innovators. Clever buggers.
Just wait until the Chinese catch up, they're all very well educated and have the highest IQ of all the races.
And no I'm not Chinese, just some facts.

post #19 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 07:02 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Just wait until the Chinese catch up, they're all very well educated and have the highest IQ of all the races.
And no I'm not Chinese, just some facts.
Chinese are good at making cheap shit cheap.

“I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #20 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

ewmin, if you have to reach down in the gutter to grab a hand full of shit to sling at someone, personally, that's a testiment to your character, not of my President.

I'm thankful every day that Mr Trump stepped up , and said Enough, when it comes to the USA getting screwed at every turn.

My investments have gone thru the roof. He's helped a lot of people make a lot of money. In America, there is hope and optimism that a lot of people thought we'd never see again. Maybe it's because of the renewed optimism that Harley has taken this bold step.

It their Streetfighter turns out to be a good motorcycle, I'll buy one.
Bigdaa likes this.

post #21 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Centurion

Garage
I specifically wrote it to be provocative no reason to take it personally :P ( And my investments have also been doing very well, but just because I'm making money doesn't mean I can't criticize non-economic aspects. )

And I don't live in the US so I don't care if you have to pay x amount more dollars for your cars/soy beans or wtvr :P

As for HD, it'd be great if they could put out some interesting motorcycles that could compete head on with the europeans and japan, it's better for the consumer in the end :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper-x View Post
ewmin, if you have to reach down in the gutter to grab a hand full of shit to sling at someone, personally, that's a testiment to your character, not of my President.

I'm thankful every day that Mr Trump stepped up , and said Enough, when it comes to the USA getting screwed at every turn.

My investments have gone thru the roof. He's helped a lot of people make a lot of money. In America, there is hope and optimism that a lot of people thought we'd never see again. Maybe it's because of the renewed optimism that Harley has taken this bold step.

It their Streetfighter turns out to be a good motorcycle, I'll buy one.

post #22 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Did you call Obama an orangutan? I didn't think so. Imagine if anyone in the media had done so?

That was your free one, my friend. Next time we'll see if you can take as well as you dish it out, because the round will be in the air.
Bigdaa, KarlJay, ewmin3m and 1 others like this.

post #23 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Brain stolen again?

Hmmmmm. I didn't see ewmin's post until now.
The question I have is where the fuck did Trudeau the Male Impersonator's eyebrow go? In his bowl of kale and quinoa?
KarlJay and Diablo like this.

Mathew Quigley
post #24 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Discen

I wish we had a Trump over here, instead of the Trudeau impersonator we have running our conservative party.
We had the lowest electricity in the world, now it's the most expensive, old people are dying from the cold, and people are getting sick from all the wind farms, and coal is poison to the media. And government run media outlets, who have 4 TV stations and 5 radio stations in every city, talk only about climate change, every day a new heat record is set according to them, every year is the hottest on record, yet according to NASA satellites, there has been no measurable temperature change in 20 years. We are doomed.

post #25 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 04:26 PM
McTavish

Quote:
I wish we had a Trump over here, instead of the Trudeau impersonator we have running our conservative party.
We had the lowest electricity in the world, now it's the most expensive, old people are dying from the cold, and people are getting sick from all the wind farms, and coal is poison to the media. And government run media outlets, who have 4 TV stations and 5 radio stations in every city, talk only about climate change, every day a new heat record is set according to them, every year is the hottest on record, yet according to NASA satellites, there has been no measurable temperature change in 20 years. We are doomed.
Over here, if one listens to CBC Radio 1 for any length of time, one realizes that there are only two things existent and worthy of coverage.
Gender and Climate Change, with G' by far getting the most air time of the two.
We have the Real Trudeau, but the thought of a Real Trump for up here gives me the creeps in a flash.

Very interesting is reading about your dairy industry, and by that I mean the dairy farmers.
Suddenly our Marketing Board doesn't look so bad......................

post #26 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Brain stolen again?

I'll take a man with an orange tan over a 'person' looking for that third or fourth gender option on the form any day of the week.
KarlJay likes this.

Mathew Quigley
post #27 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Over here, if one listens to CBC Radio 1 for any length of time, one realizes that there are only two things existent and worthy of coverage.
Gender and Climate Change, with G' by far getting the most air time of the two.
We have the Real Trudeau, but the thought of a Real Trump for up here gives me the creeps in a flash.

Very interesting is reading about your dairy industry, and by that I mean the dairy farmers.
Suddenly our Marketing Board doesn't look so bad......................
Yes, we have the gender thing here as well.
If you are a straight white male you have a big target on your back.
I'm pretty sure we"ll have the peoplekind thing here any day.
Already getting the white privilege thing.

post #28 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 07:11 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Yes, we have the gender thing here as well.
If you are a straight white male you have a big target on your back.
I'm pretty sure we"ll have the peoplekind thing here any day.
Already getting the white privilege thing.
Peoplekind........................
It's Orwellian New Speak on steroids.
For those lacking in that department.
I wanna puke, but my dear wife made an awesome supper that I gorged on about two hours ago and it takes precedence.

Also, the ultimate target are those that pay taxes.

post #29 of 34 Old 08-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Discen

And the climate change nutters now say 1/3 of our carbon emissions (it's really carbon dioxide, an invisable odourless plant food) comes from fossil fuels and 1/3 from cows, so now we will have to kill all our cows to reach the Paris target.
The big supermarkets have destroyed our dairy by selling AU$1 a litre milk.

post #30 of 34 Old 08-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Centurion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
Hmmmmm. I didn't see ewmin's post until now. The question I have is where the fuck did Trudeau the Male Impersonator's eyebrow go? In his bowl of kale and quinoa?
I just saw this... Fuck that guy xD He seems to be so useless to me lol.

Only thing he's done is get marijuana legalization going, which is not bad, cause i'm going to make some dough in the process ;-)
But then he stuck his nose and muddled the pipeline situation by committing the gov to buying it... for 4.8 Billion CAD... with taxpayer money of course, just because Alberta is incapable of moving away from their life line...the finite resource known as oil...

Canada has it's own problems too but at least Trudeau hasn't grabbed any pussy :P

Quote:
And the climate change nutters now say 1/3 of our carbon emissions (it's really carbon dioxide, an invisable odourless plant food) comes from fossil fuels and 1/3 from cows, so now we will have to kill all our cows to reach the Paris target.
The big supermarkets have destroyed our dairy by selling AU$1 a litre milk.
Turns out plastic is pretty bad too; exposed to the sun it also emits ethylene, methane and propane in addition to CO2:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45043989

post #31 of 34 Old 08-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Discen

Quote:
I just saw this... Fuck that guy xD He seems to be so useless to me lol.

Only thing he's done is get marijuana legalization going, which is not bad, cause i'm going to make some dough in the process ;-)
But then he stuck his nose and muddled the pipeline situation by committing the gov to buying it... for 4.8 Billion CAD... with taxpayer money of course, just because Alberta is incapable of moving away from their life line...the finite resource known as oil...

Canada has it's own problems too but at least Trudeau hasn't grabbed any pussy :P

You sure about that, there's been a few allegations around about Trudeau, but the media never reports it when it's a lefty.
10 years ago we had $60 Billion is the bank, after a few years the lefty gov turned it into 1/2 a $ trillions in dept, all to save the planet. We pay 1/2 a $billion per year just in interest. All our industry has moved offshore or closed down, electricity and water has more than doubled, all this in the name of saving the planet. We even blew up some coal fired power stations with explosives, and everyone cheered. Now pensioners are dying because they can't pay their power bills. You're next, just wait till that carbon tax comes in. If you look closely, you will also notice that all the carbon spruikers are getting mega rich. It's like religious fanatics over here, you get shouted down as a climate denier if you open your mouth, but people are starting to wake up to the greatest con in the history of the world.

post #32 of 34 Old 08-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Centurion

Garage
Yeah I heard about the stuff. I didn't say he was 100% clean; famous ppl rarely are, but at least not pussy grabbing dirty :P

I'm already living in Vancouver and paying out my ass for everything really.

I'm not going to live here for ever though; i'd like to go back to France in a couple of years, get a little cottage in some village 50km from Paris, ride the 9er on the impeccable twisty B-roads and have my croissant and coffee.
In my 27 years of age I lived in 4 different countries for at least 5years at a time; and the one that tugs back the most is France.

Quote:
You sure about that, there's been a few allegations around about Trudeau, but the media never reports it when it's a lefty.
10 years ago we had $60 Billion is the bank, after a few years the lefty gov turned it into 1/2 a $ trillions in dept, all to save the planet. We pay 1/2 a $billion per year just in interest. All our industry has moved offshore or closed down, electricity and water has more than doubled, all this in the name of saving the planet. We even blew up some coal fired power stations with explosives, and everyone cheered. Now pensioners are dying because they can't pay their power bills. You're next, just wait till that carbon tax comes in. If you look closely, you will also notice that all the carbon spruikers are getting mega rich. It's like religious fanatics over here, you get shouted down as a climate denier if you open your mouth, but people are starting to wake up to the greatest con in the history of the world.

post #33 of 34 Old 08-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Yeah I heard about the stuff. I didn't say he was 100% clean; famous ppl rarely are, but at least not pussy grabbing dirty :P
Maybe you'd also be a whole shitload better off like we Americans if Trudeau "The Third Gender" was a "pussy grabber".

Mathew Quigley
post #34 of 34 Old 08-05-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Trump never grabbed any pussy. He just said he could, and get away with it.

See how shit gets twisted into what ever the liberal jerk offs want, the all the other liberal jerk offs repeat it like it's gospel?

If you hear anything from the liberal press, you'd better dig a little deeper. Ask a few questions. Get the other side of the story before you go around spewing more shit.
Bigdaa, ewmin3m and Diablo like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode