Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Have you seen the Triumph Street Twin.

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Sniper-x 
#1 ·
I don't know anymore that what I e read on the 'net

1200 cc.
435 pounds dry.
95 HP. 83 lb ft tq

It's a good looking retro/naked. The guys who have done reviews on it, like it a lot. It's light, torquie, good brakes, handles well. 270 degree crank, sounds fantastic.

It's a bit pricey by my standards. About $12K. Lowish rev limiter. 8000 rpm while in Sport Mode.

I like the minimalist look. It's pared down to the essentials. You can see right thru it. 2 cylinders, 2 wheels, a seat, and a handlebar.

#2 ·
I've seen pictures but not the bike in person. Looks interesting BUT you'd have to buy it from a Triumph dealer and they are getting to be a pretty exclusive lot. The closest dealer to me is 120 miles which is just not acceptable so I wouldn't consider any of the new Triumph models regardless of how nice they might be.

#3 ·
My 990 Super Duke has been in the shop more than any other bike I've owned recently. Twice in 10 years. Once for a valve check. They were al within spec. The other time was to have the Rottweiler intake, and block off plates put on, and dynotuned. Neither of those were absolutely necessary. There's a Triumph dealer an hour west, and one an hour and fifteen, to the east. No biggie.

I'd like to ride one.

#8 ·
I have thought about getting something basic for cruising around.

Probably something like this for sentimental reasons (my first bike was a 79 GS1000, but chain drive):
https://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/beaverdam-1981-suzuki-gs1000g/6986776493.html

Of course with the old stuff you don’t have the handling/performance due to the vastly superior components of modern retro bikes.
And have to deal with old bike issues.

It seems like a good deal and would probably go up and take a look at it but holding off on spending any cash cause I’m gonna try to buy the bike I wrecked back at auction when it comes up for sale.

Attachments

#10 ·
I've ridden a Street Triple 675. I liked that motorcycle a lot! It makes damn good power. Light. Comfortable. Great brakes. Handled great.

It'd be a tough choice between the 900 and the Speed Twin. Twins are addicting. The Kawie is proven. I'd have to ride them. But you can't go wrong with a Street Triple

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.