Have an itch - need input from ZX10R owners - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 94 Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Have an itch - need input from ZX10R owners

I've owned an Magna, Vulcan 1500, FZ1, 919, ST1300, and currently own an '09 Goldwing that my wife and I tour with, and an '07 Bandit 1250. But after 15 years of riding and all those bikes, I've never owned a sport bike, always wanted one, and now seriously considering one.

Tonight I talked to a local guy with a 2004 ZX10R. He says he's getting a little too old for a sport bike and wants something different. The ZX has 20K miles on it, good rubber, valve check and full service done 2K miles ago. It's stock except for a Speedohealer, Helibars, an aftermarket windshield, and taller gearing. He's asking 5K for it.

I've read a lot of reviews on the bike and they're all very positive. And I've read a some posts here about the bike and it get good feedback here too. I've had an itch for a sport bike for years and I think I may go with this one.

Any thoughts on the bike? The deal? Or any issues with this bike that I should ask about or look for? I think I have a good idea about the bike's performance and personality, but more feedback is welcome and appreciated. I'm 5'9" and in good shape at 175 pounds. I'm also 45 and feel like the clock is ticking for the number of years left that I could enjoy a bike of this caliber. Please chime in. I'd like to scratch this itch. This bike makes my pulse race. Push me over the edge to do this deal! :smile:

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 Old 03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Sike

The 04-05 was the ZX10 that felt the most extreme (even though it isn't the fastest or the most powerful of the three gens). Given that you are an experienced rider and a "mature" adult, you should be just fine with the power delivery (aka, you won't kill yourself). That said, the rush it will give you is beyond description and really should be experienced. And, without owning one for an extended period of time*, it just is impossible to describe what it feels like. All of the ZX10's are extremely durable, so I wouldn't have the slightest concern regarding a 10 with 20k miles on it. There are a lot of folks with 50-100k miles on their bikes. The $5,000 might seem a little high to some, but the 04-05 is the most beloved of the gens, so it is a reasonable price if the bike is in good condition. So, I strongly urge you to go and buy it. Even if you only own it for a year, you will remember some of the rides on that bike for the rest of your life. I just caution you to short shift for the first couple of rides, only using heavy throttle once you get into fourth gear. Then, start playing little by little until you feel comfortable with some heavy throttle in the lower gears. Good Luck!!!

*A lot of folks have owned literbikes that they never felt the power of or ridden a friends bike for a few minutes. It truly is different to own it yourself and get used to it until you find out you really aren't man enough to ride it hard (or, your name would be on the AMA leaderboard). But, who cares, it will still give you the biggest smile, EVER!!!

post #3 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Pilus Posterior

I'm 45.

For real road riding I'm flag the sport bike and get a high powered naked and just fit a screen.
B-King (with Yoshis of course) Aprilia, Speed Triple or the likes.

If $ permit get a 600cc sport bike for the track only.

post #4 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Optio

If you are going to keep the wing and the bandit go for it. Don't get rid of the othe two. Trust me, you won't last long on the 10R (neck and hands won't last long) but the time you do spend on it you will enjoy.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #5 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Point taken, sike, that's good advice. I'm normally pretty conservative, especially on a bike that's foreign to me. I spend dozens of hours in parking lots each year doing low speed maneuvers, take some sort of safety or track class each year, and seriously thinking about becoming a ride coach within the next couple years.

AllanB, The Wing is "our" bike and it's great for touring and fun 1:1 time with my sweetheart. But the Bandit is "my" bike and it brings out the hooligan in me. I want more. I've done the powerful naked thing. It's fun. But I've never experienced ownership of a full on sport bike.

touring919, I've read that the 10R isn't the worst when it comes to comfort - not as spine-pretzel-bending as some sport bikes. And I have no intention to ride it 500+ miles at a pop. That's what the Wing is for, this is just for get-of-the-house-for-a-couple-hours-and-have-some-country-road-fun.

I read the motorcycle.com 2004 Open Class Shootout between the Aprilia RSV R, Ducati 999, RC51, CBR 1000RR, ZX 10R, GSXR 1000, 955i Daytona, and the YZF R. The ZX10R took 3rd.

"Malo. Muy malo! This thing is evil. It is every malevolent night terror you ever had, it is whoever invented women's self-help magazines, it is credit cards on ebay, it is the most intoxicating thing you can do with your right hand without going blind. The ZX-10R epitomizes ridiculous excess in big bore sportbikes with more engine than a Saturn V booster. The big Zed is a bat out of hell complete with horns and a forked tail."

I still love the Bandit. I've always had a passion for torque and acceleration, and 95 ft lbs on 500 pounds will snap your head nicely. Between Suzuki's base bike and Dale Walker's countless Dyno hours developing Stage 1 and 2 kits, this is a helluva bike - really smooth, really fast off the line, linear power, and comfortable. But it's another big bike in my garage, and it does have its faults - suspension and weight to name a couple.

I'd love to have something that's "opposite" of the Wing. I can't think of anything more opposite than a ZX10R. I've never had a bike remotely close to having a first gear capable of 80 MPH. For some reason, I've just never gone out and bought one. So, maybe this is a mid-life thing. But I love to try out new bikes, and you only live once right? And I'm not getting any younger. I've owned just about every other type of bike. I think it's time to give sport a turn, and experience it for myself. A test ride is needed, soon.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #6 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Scratch it.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #7 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
. I've never had a bike remotely close to having a first gear capable of 80 MPH.
Just so you know, my 07 did a corrected 97 mph in first (and I'm guessing the 04 isn't too much slower).

Enjoy

post #8 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Ken: One of the dairy regulars showed up this morning on a 08' ZX10 with mucho farkles including a full Ti Akro exhaust with CF cans. He picked it up for 3k. Yup... no misprint. He works in a body shop. The bike was a minor tip over, mostly cracked plastics. It was totaled by the insurance company. He worked out a deal, put maybe 2 days work into it and a few hundred $$. The bike looks new and best of all NO salvage title.

Good luck, hope you find a nice one.

post #9 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Wow, that's an amazing story, Mike. I know plastic is expensive but that doesn't seem like enough cost to justify totaling the bike. I didn't know that a bike could be classified as totaled and not have a salvage title.

NADA pegs the used retail on the '04 Ninja at 3800-5000. I'm still mulling it over. I've always had a desire to own a sport bike. The closest I've ever come was an FZ1, and it's not even in the same league as the ZX10R. I'm pushing the Bandit as hard as I dare, and hitting the limits of its budget-minded suspension and chassis.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #10 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Being in "the business" a deal was worked out with the insurance company. I did not ask for details. Some things are better off not being discussed.

post #11 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Sike

Quote:
NADA pegs the used retail on the '04 Ninja at 3800-5000. I'm still mulling it over. I've always had a desire to own a sport bike. The closest I've ever come was an FZ1, and it's not even in the same league as the ZX10R. I'm pushing the Bandit as hard as I dare, and hitting the limits of its budget-minded suspension and chassis.
I don't believe that NADA is terribly accurate for the 04-05, simply because it has a growing culp like status (kind of like the 99 Busa). So, if you really like the bike he has and it is in good shape, I think $5000 is reasonable. Of course, I would try to work it down a little.

So, get off your ass and go for it. Worst case scenario, in my eyes, is selling it 6 months later for a small loss.

post #12 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

I've done a lot more research today - checking eBay, craigslist, cycletrader, etc. I talked to a seller in Lancaster PA this morning with an '04 ZX-10R with 10K miles, showroom condition, recently serviced, Hot Bodies tail kit, Vortex frame sliders, rear swing arm stand, and brand new Metz tires for 5K OBO. He wants to sell while Spring is here, and had no resistance to an offer of $4750 in cash.

Between Spring and the economy, there is a large supply of used bikes coming on the market right now and it's a really good time to find some deals. If a month or so passes and the demand isn't there, the deals will get even sweeter. Patience is a virtue now.

I sent my findings to the guy I talked to originally to see what his reaction is. He is certain that the '04 is a highly desirable sought-after model year. But there are a bunch out there and I've found a few that are either better priced and/or better condition and/or lower miles than the one he wants 5K for, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how much competition he has out there.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #13 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I rode a friend's 04 ZX10 several years ago. It was no fun. Yeah, it was very impressive, but you'd better be on the top of your game at all times. I like Kawie's. I like the ZX10. But I'd never own one. Not the bike for me. A really nice ZX9 would be about right, tho.

Would you consider a Tuono, or a Super Duke, or an SV 1000? How`bout a nice `07+ 600RR?

post #14 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Sike

That is interesting, because I have seen times in which there aren't any 04-05's to be found. So, if I was in your shoes, I would take a look at the ones near me, pick the nicest one, try to get it for $4500, and ride off a happy man.

post #15 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I rode a friend's 04 ZX10 several years ago. It was no fun. Yeah, it was very impressive, but you'd better be on the top of your game at all times. I like Kawie's. I like the ZX10. But I'd never own one. Not the bike for me. A really nice ZX9 would be about right, tho.

Would you consider a Tuono, or a Super Duke, or an SV 1000? How`bout a nice `07+ 600RR?
If you want a sportbike, and you want an amazing rush of adrenalin, those bikes really don't compare. There is nothing like the rush of a modern literbike!!! The other bikes are great bikes, truly fast bikes, but there really is a difference that is worth experiencing at some point in an experienced and mature riders life. And, you must own it, get used to it (as much as is possible), in order to have that true experience.

post #16 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

IMO, you need to be in the right frame of mind and body any time you ride a modern sport bike. There have been times over the years when I've gone out for a ride (on no bike in particular) and something just didn't feel right with me and I headed back home.

And that's what I'm thinking when I say I want something "opposite' of the Wing. I can't think of anything more opposite than the 10R Ninja.

As for the other ones you mention...
Tuono - nice bike but no dealer support anywhere near me
Super Duke - too tall and too much $ IMO
SV1000 - too similar to my Bandit 1250
600RR - yeah I'd consider one but they seem sluggish under 8K

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #17 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Ken, I feel the same way you do. I picked up my ZX9 because it was within my budget at the time...couldn't find a ZX10 at a good deal. I am not trying to kid myself into thinking it is as fast as a ZX10, but I really wanted to experience a big bore sportbike and this was close as I was going to get at least for now. I say go for it!

post #18 of 94 Old 03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I agree there is nothing that compares to a ZX10. For me, that's ok for a while. There is no margin of error on a ZX10. You have to always be on top of it, always ride super smart. They're so easy to get into real trouble with. I have an 01 929 that is probably a thin slice too much for me. The ZX10 is a 929 on steroids.

If you have your heart set on that ZX10, go for it. Just trying to let you know what you're in for. You'll always be holding it back.

post #19 of 94 Old 03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Optio

We are always holding back. Unless your on an old 100cc bike of somekind they can all do the speed limit. Its just that for the brief moments we don't hold back, some of us want something boarder line crazy.

If your anything like me, you just want a bike that will suprize you a bit if you want it too. And my 1000rr surely does that. Its crazy how fast that thing is. I love it. It sure is a feeling every seriouse biker should feel at some point before they die (even if it is the last thing they feel before they die). None of the other bikes will deliver the acceleration an open class supersport can deliever. I say get it!

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #20 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

So, the story continues...

I missed out out on the first ZX that I wrote about here. But this past week I sold the '07 Bandit for $7K. I was thinking about picking up a local 2002 Honda 954 with 12K miles, in great shape, new tires, adult owned for $4500 and pocketing the difference between the sale and the purchase.

Then out of the blue, a neighbor calls and tells me how he has to move out of state. He wants to know if I am interested in buying his 2008 ZX-10R. It has 2500 miles on it, meticulously cared for, and in perfect condition. He has done a few mods to it:

1) Exhaust- M4 'MotoGP' style slip-on exhaust. It's 'throaty' and sounds awesome.

2) Tail Cowl- There is a rear seat, but he took it off and put a tail cowl on it- essentially it sharpens up the tail.

3) Windscreen- Put a Zero Gravity double bubble on it. Looks better than the stock exhaust.

4) LED Light Kit- He had a professional put on a Blue LED light Kit. It's nicely done and lights up nicely at night.

He has posted it for sale for $8K, but I can get it for $7K. So, I'm kinda torn. I love the 954 and I'm sure it will satisfy my sport bike urge. But man, this ZX-10R is hot. And unlike a 2002 954, I'd have less repairs to worry about (I think). The seat height of the ZX might be a bit high for me at 32.7" - i'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam?

Here's a pic. Thoughts, advice, smacks in the head all appreciated...

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #21 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 05:08 AM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I'd take the Ninja.

954's seemed to be a step backwards compared to the 929's, and the Ninja ZX10R is one bad mo-fo.

It sounds like this is going to be a short term affair anyway, go for the gusto!

The 954 might be more comfortable, more practical (if that word even applies to any bike in this category) but the Kawasaki is a proven machine - I know one guy who tours on his (older version), I've got pictures somewhere......

Daves a good guy and a great rider.

Whatever makes you happy, you've got my support on whatever YOU decide.

post #22 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I would do that over the 954.

I can't believe you unloaded the Bandit. I liked that machine.

Those 10s are seriously nice bikes. There's a guy here locally who had one for awhile. Quite a good rider. He could be a handful to hang onto, especially on the straights, because that thing would walk away.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #23 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Sike

Quote:
So, the story continues...

I missed out out on the first ZX that I wrote about here. But this past week I sold the '07 Bandit for $7K. I was thinking about picking up a local 2002 Honda 954 with 12K miles, in great shape, new tires, adult owned for $4500 and pocketing the difference between the sale and the purchase.

Then out of the blue, a neighbor calls and tells me how he has to move out of state. He wants to know if I am interested in buying his 2008 ZX-10R. It has 2500 miles on it, meticulously cared for, and in perfect condition. He has done a few mods to it:

1) Exhaust- M4 'MotoGP' style slip-on exhaust. It's 'throaty' and sounds awesome.

2) Tail Cowl- There is a rear seat, but he took it off and put a tail cowl on it- essentially it sharpens up the tail.

3) Windscreen- Put a Zero Gravity double bubble on it. Looks better than the stock exhaust.

4) LED Light Kit- He had a professional put on a Blue LED light Kit. It's nicely done and lights up nicely at night.

He has posted it for sale for $8K, but I can get it for $7K. So, I'm kinda torn. I love the 954 and I'm sure it will satisfy my sport bike urge. But man, this ZX-10R is hot. And unlike a 2002 954, I'd have less repairs to worry about (I think). The seat height of the ZX might be a bit high for me at 32.7" - i'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam?

Here's a pic. Thoughts, advice, smacks in the head all appreciated...

My 10 was an 07 and completely modified for me, and to me the best bike I have ever ridden. With that said, I think the gen 3 (08-forward) is the best bike I have ever ridden in stock tune, let alone once modified (and I have ridden virtually all of the new stuff).

GO FOR IT!!!!

post #24 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I thought that a 6 yr old zx10r for $5k was a bit much.

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #25 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Go for the ZX10. You won't be disappointed. Oh, and good luck getting the stupid grin off your face after you wrap the throttle back a bit!

post #26 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I also know of a 2006 CBR1000RR in NC that can be bought for $4900....unless it has sold recently.

post #27 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
I can't believe you unloaded the Bandit. I liked that machine.
Ken,

Please say this isn't so?!

You are officially in a mid-life crisis! A GW balance bike.

post #28 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Back in the day

Ken I am considerable older then you.

Find a good 2002 and up RC51 and buy it. There are a lot of them available right now. You will not regret it.

If you must get an I4 then buy the newest one you can. They age very fast. Because of the rapid development of the I4 sport bikes. An 04 is a sled in the I4 world. It will depreciate fast. Stick with a Honda.

I know that I have fewer days on my RC in front of me then I have had on bikes behind me. But I am not looking back. The RC will probably or maybe not, be my last big sport bike.

post #29 of 94 Old 04-10-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

I love twin sport bikes. But man the RC is so heavy. Part of my idea of "opposite" of the Goldwing is much lighter weight. The Bandit weighed about 510. The RC isn't far off. The 954 and the ZX weight about 120 pounds less than that.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #30 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Back in the day

Ken,

I agree the RC is a bit heavy and feels even heavier. An sp2 is about the same weight as the 919. When I switch to the 919 it feels so much lighter. If the weight is so important why are you looking at Kawasaki. They are heavy weights along with Suzuki. If you want a light weight bike then look at an 08 Honda it is considerably lighter then the rest in both pounds and feel and is the best out of the box, all around, I4. I disagree that any of the I4's you are looking at are 120 lbs lighter. Maybe 35 or 50 but that is all. Do your research and compare measured wet weights not dry weights to an sp2. Remember that an RC loses about 20lbs when you put on a lightweight exhaust.

post #31 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

It's pretty tough to get wet weights. But the ZX weighs 390. And the owner shaved 12 pounds off with an aftermarket slipon. Even wet, that's going to be considerably lighter than the RC, which comes in at 439 dry. The 954 comes in at 370 dry.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #32 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Back in the day

Ken, I reread my post. I am not trying to sell you on an RC. An RC is not for everybody, as stated in another post, ether you get it or you do not. But do not not be dissuaded by talk. In the June 2009 issue of Roadracing World they did there annual 1000cc shootout. there measured wet weights are, YZF-RI 474, ZX10 460, GXSR 456, CBR 442. My RC weights 483 lbs. wet and stock.

post #33 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Ken, if you really want an RC? Let me know. If you want to ride one for a bit of time, drive over to me and take it out. I'm a straight shot on 90 a few hours away.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #34 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondad View Post
Ken, I reread my post. I am not trying to sell you on an RC. An RC is not for everybody, as stated in another post, ether you get it or you do not. But do not not be dissuaded by talk. In the June 2009 issue of Roadracing World they did there annual 1000cc shootout. there measured wet weights are, YZF-RI 474, ZX10 460, GXSR 456, CBR 442. My RC weights 483 lbs. wet and stock.
No worries. And thanks for the info. I'll have to try and find that article. I really didn't think there could be such a difference in dry and wet weights. I mean I know there's a lot of fluids and a full tank of gas weighs, but a 70 pound difference between the wet and dry weight of a ZX? Does that seem possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Ken, if you really want an RC? Let me know. If you want to ride one for a bit of time, drive over to me and take it out. I'm a straight shot on 90 a few hours away.
Honestly, I love the idea of a v-twin sport bike. I love the sound. I like the powerband and from what I've seen they tend to have a bit more torque lower where it's useful on the street. But they are also few and far between, and not easy to find in the the used market. Part of why I ruled a 600-class bike is because I'm not crazy about rev'ing the snot out of a bike to get it moving. And most 600's need more RPM's to get going than their liter bike counterparts. But I know people have many different opinions on the differences and advantages of 600's versus 1000's on the street.

Are you thinking about selling your RC, or are you offering a test ride?

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #35 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

*cough* ZX-10R *cough*

post #36 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Back in the day

Ken,
Does it seem possible. Yes. The manufactures have an economic interest in advertising the highest horse power and the lowest weight. To what extent they will go is hard to say. I think they will go as far as they think they can get you to believe it.
In this case I am just the messenger. Over the years I have found Roadracing world to be a reliable source of information about sport bikes. They separate the objective from the subjective well.

No doubt the 954 was a very light bike, wet or dry (objective). Under pressure it was just a bit twitchy for me (subjective).

Got to go WSK on Speed TV.

post #37 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
*cough* ZX-10R *cough*
+1. I've enjoyed it's DNA on a ZX-11, but with the the less weight and sportiness of 10R, that's an easy choice!

post #38 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

One gal of gas weighs 6.5 lbs. Motor oil weighs 1.8 lbs per quart. Undiluted Radiator fluid weighs 9.33 lbs per gal. Add brake fluid... Then you have turn signal fluid and so forth... It all adds up.

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #39 of 94 Old 04-11-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

I went to check out the 954 today. It fits me like a glove and is an amazing bike. It's exactly as the owner described it and he came down a bit in price, threw in a rear stand, all his gear, the service manual, and all the stock parts. I'm going to sleep on it, but I think this is the one.

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #40 of 94 Old 04-12-2010, 05:36 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
I went to check out the 954 today. It fits me like a glove and is an amazing bike. It's exactly as the owner described it and he came down a bit in price, threw in a rear stand, all his gear, the service manual, and all the stock parts. I'm going to sleep on it, but I think this is the one.
We'll look forward to pictures and riding impressions!

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode