Going into the new year..... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Going into the new year.....

I see there are a good amount of new models coming at us including the cb-1000. (finally)

2 questions are bouncing around my brain.
Can the u.s. economy support new models so soon?

and, if the niner dropped in value so much, why get a new bike ? assuming all bikes do the same.

having said that, I like the looks of the new ninja 1000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 08:50 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

The Economy can easily support it. The question is does one want to spend the money? Talked with a CPA the other day and he said nearly 90% of the transactions he now track in "the Books" are now cash. No one wants to borrow. You can borrow but why if you have the cash. Bad times in the economy should prove to people the need for a decent cash flow.

Used bike prices stay around $3K which is much easier to buy with cash then $11K for a new bike. Why buy new? Ask the last guy that bought new. I might, only because I'm not sure I want to wait three more years for a used CB1000R and I don’t know how many will be available. But I think people are gearing up to buy the CB1R, I say that because we have seen a lot of 919s come up on the market lately. Some say to “clear up room in the garage”, but for what......

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I know this. My financials are still junk. hangin' onto the niner for at least another year.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Optio

No is the time to invest while supplies are cheap. IE, time to bring in new models to keep people interested. If japan inc doesnt coome out with new models the Euro bikes will continue to chew up market share. Now is the time to get new customers and that cannot be done with old bikes.

If the bikes are cool enough they will be purchased. I'm seriously tempted to get a new triumph 800. I can't wait to see them in person. The new multistrada is awsome too. Those are the two bikes I'm most interested in right now. I wish I could say I'm interested in something from honda because I trust their reliability.
X-runner could be interesting, but of coarse we will not see it here. X-tourer looks cool but no way would I be intersted in a bike that heavy. And its only a concept anyway.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
post #5 of 5 Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

That CB1R looks awesome for solo riding. But for 2up riding it doesn't replace my 9r's pillion foot extension. They will sell a bunch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode