Gear for Riding with Business Attire - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
GLG-20

Garage
Gear for Riding with Business Attire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
Superdog, when is that last time you posted? Seems like ages ago. Welcom back! Now get them to fix your rims.
I'm here reading just about every day, living vicariously through you guys I don't get my bike out nearly enough (and thus don't have much to contribute), but am working to change that. I need to see if there's a thread on what kind of gear to wear for commuting to work in business attire. I'd really like to start riding to work (so I can spend more time on the bike!), but need suggestions on the right way to do it. I've seen guys riding in their khakis and dress shoes...I can't do that, especially with the way people drive around here.

'96 DR650, '01 SV650, '10 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

I've got a buddy that rides to work almost every day in a suit and tie hidden underneath an Aerostitch two piece, seems to work pretty good

Dan
post #3 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Former 919er

I wear my Joe Rocket Ballistic textile pants over my dress pants and my regular riding jacket over my dress shirt. However, by the time I get to work, the pants and the shirt are somewhat wrinkled and I wonder why I ironed!

I think the best approach might by to have the pants and dress shirt rolled or folded in a back pack and change at work. If I haven't done that yet. When I have a big presentation or something I will usually cage it.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 10:14 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I've been commuting with my business attire underneath for a couple years. I wear FieldSheer Mercury Overpants with a Teknic Freestyle jacket. I keep my square toe shoes at the office or will put them in my tailbag so that I have them when I take my gear off.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Former 919er

Oh ya, shoes. I do the same and leave a pair at work.

post #6 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 07:13 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I've done it several times wearing my Olympia pants and jacket over work clothes but if I rode to work more often I think I would invest in a one piece suit that would be easier to take on/off.

post #7 of 9 Old 10-15-2011, 07:28 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

When I went to Michigan earlier this year, I wore my Olympia one piece cold suit and brought dress clothes folded neatly in a shoebox. It worked very well. Though a bit extreme for your sitch.

post #8 of 9 Old 10-16-2011, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
GLG-20

Garage
Thanks guys (and thanks Ottawa919 for making this into its own thread). I know a lot of the members here use their bikes to commute, so hope to gain from your experience rather than figure it all out by myself I'm trying to stop learning everything the hard way

I have the Fieldsheer Mercury pants, and may give those a shot; my only hesitation there was that they might wrinkle my pants (usually wear Dockers or similar to work). Most of mine are wrinkle resistant, so might be okay anyway. I like the idea of the one piece suit. Has anyone here used one, and do you like them? I need to research a little; I'd prefer a solution that has armor for my knees, hips, shoulders, and elbows.

I've got a cheap top case I can use for my shoes and for boot storage during the day.

I appreciate the feedback.

'96 DR650, '01 SV650, '10 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
post #9 of 9 Old 10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Someone here bought the Olympia Phantom, can't remember who, that's the one I would look at, I'm very satisfied with their products so far. I wish I could commute more but the highway here is bad and there is construction in 2 spots for over a year now, it's just not safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode