Electric CB (EB?) from Honda in the future? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 08-18-2020, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Pokemon Master

Electric CB (EB?) from Honda in the future?

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bik...DKuZ42lMdlJAVM

I'm pretty excited about this. If it's less than $5,000 and has more than 150 mile range I'll probably be selling my cb500x and getting one. It was a coin flip between the 500x and a Zero when I got the 500x in 2014, but the lack of a local dealer and the uncertainties of buying from a relatively new brand made me lean toward the 500x. I was able to take it on several long trips that the Zero would not have been capable of, so I'm glad I made that choice at the time.

HOWEVER, If I can hop 3 miles to the local Honda shop to get parts or "ECM updates" for a EB300 or whatever it's going to be called, that changes the calculus quite a bit. I also want to show my support and hope that Honda will make a CB1000r variant, with 100+ ft lbs, or at least a CB650r variant with ~65 ft lbs with adjustable suspension and better brakes and modern sport bike tire sizes available.

Thoughts?

2007 919, 2013 CB500X, 2009 Buell XB12R, 20+ bicycles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-19-2020, 08:27 PM
Left of Centre

Yeah, I just saw it today - like the idea of the 300 [equivalent] model, but price will probably kill. I could certainly see the practicality of it for city trips though.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2020, 05:52 PM
Tesserarius

Honda makes motorcycles for people that are about 5'4". You don't realize how annoying that is until you've spent a decade on European motorcycles that are made for people that are 5'10"-6'. I love my 599, but the seat is way too low.

Honda hasn't made anything interesting for the last 14 years.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-14-2020, 09:29 AM
Tirone

EVs are kind of how how I have gauged my aging. I got in at the tail in of carburetors and thought EFI was the best ever, whereas the adults in my life at the time hated EFI and swore it off forever. My grandfather died owning his one-owner '64 Chevy truck....in 2014.

I appreciate EVs and see the benefits they bring to the table, so I am not a hater. However, my love affair with all things car and motorcycles is directly tied to the internal combustion engine. I have been working on them since I was trying to get my 2-stroke dirt bike running. I have never taken a car or bike to a mechanic, except for tires and alignments. Its simply for this reason that EVs will not be part of my life. I feel like I would be cheating on my love of 30+ years. Smelling that sweet smell and hearing that sweet sound is a big part of it for me, but I fully understand that it's not that way for many. It's such an ingrained part of my experience. A ritual if you will. It's like angels singing hearing an inline-4 at full boil.

I am aging out of their markets because not many car/motorcycle companies are making products that I want to buy, or could afford if I wanted to. EVs make more sense as short distance commuters for sure.

OP - I haven't lived in AR for almost 15 years, but grew up and went to school in NWA. Go Hogs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode