Best Price Michelin Pilot Road 2CT / Jake Wilson Coupon code? - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Best Price Michelin Pilot Road 2CT / Jake Wilson Coupon code?

Hey Guys,
Buddy of mine is goin to the US for a month and he's gonna bring me back some tires. Just wondering where I can get the best price on some Pilot Road 2's?

Looks like Jake Wilson has the best price at $253 shipped but there are TONNES of threads where guys are getting tires for under $200! None of the coupon codes seem to be working though

Have tire prices gone up since the summer or something?

I'm sure as shit not paying $400 for tires here in Kanaduh.

Wallybanger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
rmb
Let's go!
 
rmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sussex Couty NJ
Posts: 7,656
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Jake Wilson is good, Two Brothers is pretty good too. Michelin is coming out with the Pilot Road 3 within the next couple weeks, google it, they look and sound nice, more sticky tread on the sides than the Road 2's.

rmb is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
Petes Superbike in Montreal is way under $400 for PR2's... I just picked up a PR2 front today at the International Center MC show for $140 cash and thought it was a Ok deal- where are you seeing sets for $200?

Blue919Guy is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
Here's what the 3s look like:


Here's more info on the pilot road 3s. This site was translated by Yahoo from French, so grammar is off but you catch the drift.

The 3s will have better cornering grip and even better wet grip. Does this mean the PR2s are dropping in price? Lets hope so!

Here's RevZilla's price on PR2s for your comparison.

andrewebay1 is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
Here's what the 3s look like:


Here's more info on the pilot road 3s. This site was translated by Yahoo from French, so grammar is off but you catch the drift.

The 3s will have better cornering grip and even better wet grip. Does this mean the PR2s are dropping in price? Lets hope so!

Here's RevZilla's price on PR2s for your comparison.
WOW... thats a very intresting tread pattern.... look like friggin car snow / ice tires LOL!

I liked my road 2's alot... but the way i rode, the edges wore out faster than the center and i had some slipping issues in the rear... got a set of Pilot Power 2ct's and O MAN talk about making a bike that sticks to the road and feel 100lbs lighter as far as flickability.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,772
Rep Power: 1
 
i like the look of the road 3!! i'll likely buy another set of road 2's if prices drop before i get a set of road 3's. i love my 2s!

Pvster is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
i like the look of the road 3!! i'll likely buy another set of road 2's if prices drop before i get a set of road 3's. i love my 2s!
i dunno. i always felt that the amount of perpindicular to direction of travel groves on the road 2's was way to much at the edges... giving less grip when leaned over... the road 3's look like they got even more.

Dont get me wrong i LOVED the road 2's but the power 2ct's are in a league of their own as far as dry stickiness.... no doubt the road 2's and 3's will be better in wet and in most other conditions.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,772
Rep Power: 1
 
i love my road 2's because i commute alot more in a straight line than you from what you've said in your posts. i've logged over 5k miles on these tires and the mid section still looks great. gunning for 10k and looks like i'll make it.

Pvster is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
i love my road 2's because i commute alot more in a straight line than you from what you've said in your posts. i've logged over 5k miles on these tires and the mid section still looks great. gunning for 10k and looks like i'll make it.
oh ya... no doubt that if i did actual straight line slab type riding, id be running road 2's they are THE tire for a commuter bike that also likes to play with its pegs dragging as well.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Guys were posting in other threads here on WT about getting road 2's for $180-$200 with free shipping. After tax, environmental horse shit and shipping, a guy would be hard pressed to get rubber to his door for under $400.

Well I don't really know what I NEED but I do use my bike as a commuter. That said, I work at home , so I would say about 50% running around town and 50% ripping country roads and doing summer road trips.

I have thought about PP 2CTs but I don't know that I'm out-riding my tires as it is and I'm not as much of an aggressive rider as some of the other people I ride with. The PP 2CTs are cheaper though! Wow.

Wallybanger is offline  
post #11 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
The bt23's and pilot road 2's are more than capable of a sporting pace. Now.....if your knee down corner to corner....they'll still work, you just can't run the front hard on the brakes deep down into the corner and coming out you need to be careful with the amount of throttle you use......

arctic954 is offline  
post #12 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Mookie Power
 
caferacer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 2 TIRES


SIZE 120/70/17 FRONT
SIZE 180/55/17 REAR

Best Prices Found Online

Jake Wilson $241.98/Set FREE SHIPPING -NO TAX

MotoSport.Com $ 262.99/Set FREE SHIPPING-NO TAX

Motorcycle Superstore $265.98/Set FREE SHIPPING-NO TAX

EBAY $ 273.95/Set FREE SHIPPING-NO TAX

caferacer72 is offline  
post #13 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Mookie Power
 
caferacer72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 145
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
IMO PR 3's look a little funny . Almost like the took the PR2's rear tires and drilled holes in them.

caferacer72 is offline  
post #14 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
The bt23's and pilot road 2's are more than capable of a sporting pace. Now.....if your knee down corner to corner....they'll still work, you just can't run the front hard on the brakes deep down into the corner and coming out you need to be careful with the amount of throttle you use......
Boy aint that the truth...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWSqFEuSU0Q

That was just a second gear pull round that corner... it is a funky corner tho... off camber and it has a weird dip / bump right where i slipped... those were with the PR2's btw.... that was the ONE and only time i EVER had them slip without me knowing they would (ie me fucking around)

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #15 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caferacer72 View Post
MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 2 TIRES

SIZE 120/70/17 FRONT
SIZE 180/55/17 REAR

Best Prices Found Online

Jake Wilson $241.98/Set FREE SHIPPING -NO TAX
WTF? That same order was costing me $253... did you enter a coupon # or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
Boy aint that the truth...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWSqFEuSU0Q

That was just a second gear pull round that corner... it is a funky corner tho... off camber and it has a weird dip / bump right where i slipped... those were with the PR2's btw.... that was the ONE and only time i EVER had them slip without me knowing they would (ie me fucking around)
that was a little zesty lol

Wallybanger is offline  
post #16 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
Currently have a good set of Bridgestone BT23's mounted on the bike.... should last a good while. But, all this talk about sticky rubber got me thinking about spooning on a set of stickies for my spring Tennesse trip.

and wouldn't you know! a NEW PP2CT front pops up in the classifieds section.

I hate this board.

arctic954 is offline  
post #17 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
By the way......wanted to throw this out there.....While I was an the Indy Moto-GP, I visited the CycleGear booth.....I was handed a couple cycle gear discount cards with a code on the back.....



Cycle Gear - $20 off any purchase $75 or more. Good till 6-30-11. Code #544159

add to that.... Cycle Gear has FREE SHIPPING, and already great Bridgestone Tire prices.

arctic954 is offline  
post #18 of 33 Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
Currently have a good set of Bridgestone BT23's mounted on the bike.... should last a good while. But, all this talk about sticky rubber got me thinking about spooning on a set of stickies for my spring Tennesse trip.

and wouldn't you know! a NEW PP2CT front pops up in the classifieds section.

I hate this board.
The first day i had my PP2CT's i went and TRIED to make them slip... tried to fuck around and i havnt been able to make them slip etc.

DO NOT get me wrong... the Road 2's are some amazing tires. I can not tell you how much confidence they inspired and how forgiving they are. They make a very neutral easy to ride bike that is VERY planted.

The only reason i went with the power 2's is the fact that 90% of my riding is twisty riding, and i wore out the edges on the roads before the center... and i wanted more as i could make em slip a lil too easy a coupla times ... but i ride very aggressive... and am NOT necessarily a smooth rider.

Like stated unless your dragging knee / pegs every other turn... the road 2s are more than plenty!!!

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #19 of 33 Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
Think I'm going to get a set of the pilot pures. They're saying a 2 pound drop in rotating mass with higher cornering grip levels than the pp2ct. With the front being softer than the rear and the center of the rear being the hardest.

Www.sportbiketrackgear.com has them for around $250 w/ free shipping.

arctic954 is offline  
post #20 of 33 Old 01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Tirone shoelaces
 
TexasTraffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 1
 
I commute daily and also do few track days per year.

Michelin PP 2-CTs have been good to me. My back tire has 6,000+ miles and is getting close to the wear bars. Yes, it's flat in the middle with spare tread on the sides
Too much time in rush hour traffic will do that

The front is at 8,000 miles and still has life left. Strangely, it still has a profile close to original.

My original desires were a tire that was good for track days and would last for over 5,000 miles. I was thinking the PP 2-CTs would wear out sooner than 5,000 in favor of better performance on the track - and I have been pleasantly surprised!

New tires are on order.
I went with the PP 2-CTs again.

TexasTraffic is offline  
post #21 of 33 Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTraffic View Post
I commute daily and also do few track days per year.

Michelin PP 2-CTs have been good to me. My back tire has 6,000+ miles and is getting close to the wear bars. Yes, it's flat in the middle with spare tread on the sides
Too much time in rush hour traffic will do that

The front is at 8,000 miles and still has life left. Strangely, it still has a profile close to original.

My original desires were a tire that was good for track days and would last for over 5,000 miles. I was thinking the PP 2-CTs would wear out sooner than 5,000 in favor of better performance on the track - and I have been pleasantly surprised!

New tires are on order.
I went with the PP 2-CTs again.
if i even get close to the milages your at right now i will be overly happy!!!... my road 2's only lasted 5k... front and rear... shows you the kinda riding i do!

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #22 of 33 Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,905
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
Think I'm going to get a set of the pilot pures. They're saying a 2 pound drop in rotating mass with higher cornering grip levels than the pp2ct. With the front being softer than the rear and the center of the rear being the hardest.

Www.sportbiketrackgear.com has them for around $250 w/ free shipping.
I put Pures on my GSX-R750 track day bike, not wanting to feel the need for warmers and a gen set plus also recognizing the need for one tire to do it all, as in cold to hot, sun or rain.
I did a school in the rain, first time on the track in the wet as well.
If someone had tried to tell me how good the Pures would be in the wet, I'd have accused them of having a huge dose of "never ridden bullshit", although being the non confrontational and polite guy I am, would have only said it to myself.
Those tires were unreal in the wet.
If I'd been on my 919 with those tires, I think it still would have been knee down if one or two places.
I'm trying Novice Class racing this year, and will be running Pures.
Case closed !

mcromo44 is offline  
post #23 of 33 Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
By the way......wanted to throw this out there.....While I was an the Indy Moto-GP, I visited the CycleGear booth.....I was handed a couple cycle gear discount cards with a code on the back.....



Cycle Gear - $20 off any purchase $75 or more. Good till 6-30-11. Code #544159

add to that.... Cycle Gear has FREE SHIPPING, and already great Bridgestone Tire prices.
Thanks, but even with the cupon code Jake Wilson beats the crap out of Cycle Gear... by like $50

Wallybanger is offline  
post #24 of 33 Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
Just did a little price comparison between the 2 websites.....

Several months ago Cycle Gear always had the cheapest price on the Bridgestone BT-16's...... Yep, looks like Jake Wilson has the cheaper price.... even with the Cycle Gear coupon applied.

.... The Michelin Pilot Power prices on Jake Wilson are DIRT CHEAP!

arctic954 is offline  
post #25 of 33 Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
Thanks, but even with the cupon code Jake Wilson beats the crap out of Cycle Gear... by like $50

So what was the total with shipping? These are some smoking deals on tires!

Blue919Guy is offline  
post #26 of 33 Old 01-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
Free shipping, no tax......pilot powers are $195 at Jake Wilson. The 2cts aren't much more.

The Pilot Pures are around $265.

arctic954 is offline  
post #27 of 33 Old 01-12-2011, 06:08 AM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
Free shipping, no tax......pilot powers are $195 at Jake Wilson. The 2cts aren't much more.

The Pilot Pures are around $265.
I have not checked but I assumed free shipping was to the CONUS only I bet the shipping to Canada is $40+

Blue919Guy is offline  
post #28 of 33 Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue919Guy View Post
I have not checked but I assumed free shipping was to the CONUS only I bet the shipping to Canada is $40+
Yep, in the US. This works out well for me because my buddy in in the US until the end of Feb. So no shipping, no tax, no enviro BS, just plain old fashioned cheap

I was talking to a local dealer and they want $225 just for the rear.... +tax and tire levy... so one tire would cost me the same as 2 out of the US.

I'm 2 hours from the US so it would cost me $26 in fuel to get down there and back. It's cheaper to drive down, change tires check out the roads in the US and head back than it is to buy tires up here... by about $100

Wallybanger is offline  
post #29 of 33 Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Speed Lover
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,369
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Guys this is the second time in only 6 months that I purchased a PR2 rear over Amazon for @$152 shipped no tax. Here's the link Amazon.com: Michelin Pilot Road 2 Rear Tire - 180/55ZR-17/--: Automotive

XRCajun is offline  
post #30 of 33 Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
The other guys are right.....Jake Wilson is killing everyone.

The 180-55-17 Michelin Pilot Road 2 is 125.00, free shipping for the rear.

arctic954 is offline  
post #31 of 33 Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Speed Lover
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,369
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
The other guys are right.....Jake Wilson is killing everyone.

The 180-55-17 Michelin Pilot Road 2 is 125.00, free shipping for the rear.
Man I don't know how you're getting that price because I'm sure not!

XRCajun is offline  
post #32 of 33 Old 03-05-2011, 04:51 PM
rmb
Let's go!
 
rmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sussex Couty NJ
Posts: 7,656
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Anyone have any current coupon codes? Looking to buy tires soon. Thanks.

rmb is offline  
post #33 of 33 Old 03-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Tirone
 
corndog67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 45
Rep Power: 1
 
I just bought a set for my Ducati at a place called Central Coast Mechanics in San Luis Obispo but they were going out of business. $192. Out the door.

corndog67 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome