Anyone used the Pit bull Trailer Restraint system? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Anyone used the Pit bull Trailer Restraint system?

Just curious if anyone has used the trailer restraint system from Pit Bull. I'd like to get some feeback on it.

Motorcycle Trailer Restraint-Pit Bull Motorcycle Trailer Restraints

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Being a Pit Bull product, it's probably well built. The method to their madness makes sense, and I bet it works really well. If you bite the bullet, let us know how it works out.

post #3 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

i have not used pit bull, but the condor front tire lock and love it. i have 2 one bolted to my motorcycle lift and one that is pined to my trailer(so i can use different trailers)
Condor Products Online Store

post #4 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

The PB Trailer restraints are the best invention of the sport in the last decade!

Sometimes I use a Baxley sport chock in the front to haul 3 bikes too

post #5 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 AM
McTavish

Aahhhh, the life you are lucky enough to lead !
And the right stuff to have on hand to best be able to go on about doing it right.

post #6 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Aahhhh, the life you are lucky enough to lead !
And the right stuff to have on hand to best be able to go on about doing it right.

LOL well I won't beleaguer the idea that I am a very lucky man, but I have paid my dues brother and still face a multitude of bad juju and opposition on a weekly if not daily basis

Long gone are the days of riding to the track, taping up my bikes headlights & taillights doing the trackday & then riding home. Now it takes a trailer full of bikes, spare parts, spare tires & wheels, a generator, tire warmers, stands, three or four 5-gallon jugs of fuel and a 90lb toolbox with enough tools to literally remove & replace the engine trackside

post #7 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
LOL well I won't beleaguer the idea that I am a very lucky man, but I have paid my dues brother and still face a multitude of bad juju and opposition on a weekly if not daily basis

Long gone are the days of riding to the track, taping up my bikes headlights & taillights doing the trackday & then riding home. Now it takes a trailer full of bikes, spare parts, spare tires & wheels, a generator, tire warmers, stands, three or four 5-gallon jugs of fuel and a 90lb toolbox with enough tools to literally remove & replace the engine trackside
....are you done complaining, ?

I'VE STILL NEVER BEEN!

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #8 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 

LDH on a scale of 1-10 how easy is it putting a bike in one solo? 1 easy-10 hard
would it work with a condor front lift?

post #9 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dcycle View Post
LDH on a scale of 1-10 how easy is it putting a bike in one solo? 1 easy-10 hard
would it work with a condor front lift?
As far as simply loading the bike into the trailer it's only a matter of lining up the catches on the floor mounted frame and pushing the bike into the trailer to where it locks right into place so I would give that a "2". It's really easy.

The only difficult part of the entire process is fitting the axle pins into place on the bike as the bike needs to be upright to do that part effectively (read as quickly). If my wife is close by I simply have her stand the bike upright & I can install both pins in mere seconds. If I am by myself I have two options: 1. Use a Baxley sport chock to hold the bike upright for a minute while I install the axle pins or 2. FIDDLE FUCK around with it for 5 minutes trying to get everything to line up and fit into place before I can assume the easy task of just pushing the bike into position in the trailer.

As you will see in the first set of pics with the bikes in the trailer I have the bikes staggered. Putting the Trailer Restraint behind the rear wheel is much easier than putting it in front of the rear tire, but either way is still pretty damn simple. Once they are locked into the floor mounted frame you simply put in the locking pins on the floor catches & walk away. NO STRAPS period.

post #10 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Thanks for the feedback LDH, especially the part about attaching it to the axle alone. The Baxley chock is the other one on the list, I could use it in the back of the truck. It sounds like there is a time and place for both.

I'm not hauling the bike that much but I want to make it as easy and secure as possible when I do have to haul it.

post #11 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase

hmmm thanks for the input, for now i will stick with the condor, have you used condor lifts/chocks? if so how do they compare?
i like them because they are a 2 second single person device, i do have to strap them on the trailer but if it was just for on my lift i could do without. once in the chock i can pull on my bike as hard as i can (to the side) with out any issues, but one good tug to the rear and out it comes

post #12 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 04:14 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

I have used a couple different condors and find them cumbersome & clunky for the most part.

The Baxley Sport Chocks are much smaller (at least than the Condors I have used) & they have a gripping motion as you roll the bike into the chock where the wheel clamps actually tighten up & grip hold of the tire.

post #13 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 05:30 PM
McTavish

The Baxleys are top notch.
I use them at the track.
Still prefer a race stand for long term garage standing.

post #14 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase

that baxley does look nice, i will have to click a few pics on mine in action tomorrow

post #15 of 16 Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Use the trailer restraint system anytime either one of my bikes goes on a trailer. By far the best way to transport safely and quickly. I can load my bike in less then a minute By myself

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #16 of 16 Old 02-23-2018, 12:44 AM
Tirone

What size trailer is that??? Awesome setup!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode