Anyone ever buy from 2Wheel or run Bridgestone S21 - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By g00gl3it

post #1 of 10 Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Anyone ever buy from 2Wheel or run Bridgestone S21

Guy at the dealership said the S21 was a good choice for me. Anyone ever run one or has anyone bought from 2Wheel.com?

https://www.2wheel.com/bridgestone-s...ront-tire.html

The pair would be $48 cheaper than Cycle Gear plus no tax and free shipping and $10 off with the pair. Overall quite a deal.

There's also a $50 rebate Visa card with a pair if you buy this month.

https://www.ridersdomain.com/l/bridgestone-tire-rebate

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-03-2018, 09:42 PM
919 Rider

I'll probably never use bridgestone again. I know its a different tire but I had a bridgestone battlax rear tire wear out in less than a year, only a couple of thousand km's. It got a real bad flat spot quick.

post #3 of 10 Old 06-03-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
I'll probably never use bridgestone again. I know its a different tire but I had a bridgestone battlax rear tire wear out in less than a year, only a couple of thousand km's. It got a real bad flat spot quick.
That's odd, I've never heard anything bad about them.

post #4 of 10 Old 06-03-2018, 10:11 PM
919 Rider

Well some days there were small bits of rubber stuck onto the rear undertray and fender. It seemed to get chewed up. There was a lot of fresh bitumen laided down around here and it was very sharp/course to begin with. Maybe that did it?
I felt the back go out twice. Just a little slip under power when cornering on a damp road. Cold tire. I forget which battlax it was. The pirelli diablo I'm running now just for comparison has gone twice as far with only a little wear. No flat spot and has never slipped.
I'm no expert just my personal experience with one particular model of tire. I might have got a dud? Besides your looking at a different tire, it could be fine.

post #5 of 10 Old 06-03-2018, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Well some days there were small bits of rubber stuck onto the rear undertray and fender. It seemed to get chewed up. There was a lot of fresh bitumen laided down around here and it was very sharp/course to begin with. Maybe that did it?
I felt the back go out twice. Just a little slip under power when cornering on a damp road. Cold tire. I forget which battlax it was. The pirelli diablo I'm running now just for comparison has gone twice as far with only a little wear. No flat spot and has never slipped.
I'm no expert just my personal experience with one particular model of tire. I might have got a dud? Besides your looking at a different tire, it could be fine.
Generally, if there was a real problem with them, they'd have a recall, lawsuits or would be known within the industry.

post #6 of 10 Old 06-04-2018, 06:54 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Guy at the dealership said the S21 was a good choice for me. Anyone ever run one or has anyone bought from 2Wheel.com?

https://www.2wheel.com/bridgestone-s...ront-tire.html

The pair would be $48 cheaper than Cycle Gear plus no tax and free shipping and $10 off with the pair. Overall quite a deal.

There's also a $50 rebate Visa card with a pair if you buy this month.

https://www.ridersdomain.com/l/bridgestone-tire-rebate
Are you mounting the tires yourself? If not, that $48 is going right back to the dealer when you bring your tires in to be mounted.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #7 of 10 Old 06-04-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
Are you mounting the tires yourself? If not, that $48 is going right back to the dealer when you bring your tires in to be mounted.
Cycle Gear wants $25 ea off bike if you bought from them, $50 off bike if you bought from someone else. So that would eat $50.

So the total with sales tax (8.25 % ? ) and mounting would be $329.28. Vs $200 if I do it all myself. In both cases, I'm removing the rim from the bike.

I have the HF tire changing tool, but not the irons or balancer. TBH, it doesn't seem that hard to mount. I don't have the weights or the rig for balancing.

So the difference is $130 and the difference in work would be mount and balance. Not to mention I would need a ride out there to get them mounted.

So have you run these tires before? Have you heard anything good/bad about them?

post #8 of 10 Old 06-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I think I was running an S21 (it could have been an S20?) when I wrecked at the track.

Wreck was completely rider error.... I blame the tires, lol. I still won't use them again.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #9 of 10 Old 06-04-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
I think I was running an S21 (it could have been an S20?) when I wrecked at the track.

Wreck was completely rider error.... I blame the tires, lol. I still won't use them again.
Sure it wasn't that black cat or that ladder you walked under?

post #10 of 10 Old 06-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

The cat was not black, it was more Neapolitan (they called it Ice Cream - and creamed it got ):

Islandboy likes this.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode