A moment of thanks - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

A moment of thanks

Deepest heartfelt thanks out to 1000RRHooligan.

2 weeks ago he came out to the farm and spent the day riding mowers taming the wild forests of JoMoCo.

Today he came out with his son of 4 years to help tear out a fence and cut many many large heavy tree limbs. Even as I neared exhaustion from being up until 1:30am (very odd for me) he wouldn't let me finish until every tree was pruned. We made it into the cages moments before the rain started.

He braved fireants, spiders and wild venomous serpents (field snakes) all for nothing more than having something to do on a Saturday morning. His son had a great time admiring the wildlife and helping me repeatedly reinstall the chainsaw chain.

A man, a scholar, my primary care physician, and most certainly a great friend as close as a brother. Thanks Jeff.

So let's get started planning this arranged marriage of our children.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I do not know Jet. Are you sure he is good enough for the Little M?
Sure, he comes from a decent family, but have you done a credit check?
Is he really who he says he is?
Can he be trusted with your little girl?

Fact, now that he has met your little virtuous girl (who will remain virtuous until she is 26 with her PhD), he will have to be equally virtuous through these times. Is this something you are comfortable with?

What happens before you meet your SO should be inadmissible into any arguements. However, once you have met, you will be held to a standard.

Can he meet this standard?

Can "Half Hooligan" meet the standards you have as a father?

Can he put up with potential frustrations of dating a Latin woman?

I don't know, I think you need to rethink!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #3 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 12:13 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

If Florida allow split traffic as a law, I wouldn't drive my truck to work, that's for sure but, alas, commuting on a bike here is just plain crazy!

I have had scooters that I know I would be happy riding to work and I would love to have a CBR125 just for that, heck, that CRF230L seems like the way to go for sure Kev, I am withcha on that one.

if for not other reason than to see less stupid deaths from stupid morons riding them big liter bikes... I am all for it.

post #4 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90 View Post
If Florida allow split traffic as a law, I wouldn't drive my truck to work, that's for sure but, alas, commuting on a bike here is just plain crazy!

I have had scooters that I know I would be happy riding to work and I would love to have a CBR125 just for that, heck, that CRF230L seems like the way to go for sure Kev, I am withcha on that one.

if for not other reason than to see less stupid deaths from stupid morons riding them big liter bikes... I am all for it.

Warning. You are on wrong thread. Please cease posting and take Internet classes.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #5 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Warning. You are on wrong thread. Please cease posting and take Internet classes.
lol!!!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #6 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Arranged marriages. Heart-felt thank-you's. Lane-splitting.

In my country, these are all similar concepts. Easily confundido.

post #7 of 20 Old 09-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
WTF??? How did this happened? I was just getting slightly pissed off that my thread had been deleted on the small bike prediction thread and I know found the biotch here??? what kinda shiot is this!

post #8 of 20 Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I had an arranged marriage when I was 5. Thank goodness I left that backward a$$ country! My SO now had one also, and ran away!

post #9 of 20 Old 09-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
I had an arranged marriage when I was 5. Thank goodness I left that backward a$$ country! My SO now had one also, and ran away!
And then you found each other here!

post #10 of 20 Old 09-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 1

C'mon now, I usually just browse the forum (lurker!) but I have to reply to this and I only paid for 100 posts when I signed up. I'm about to exceed my quota.

Anyway amigo, I appreciate the kind words and you are very welcome. No thanks necessary. I come from the old school and you always just do what is right. It's only right and fair for me to help you out at JoMoCo because you kind enough to allow us to ride there, although I would do it anyway because you are my friend and you needed the help. After the rain we had the last 2 days it looks like it will be a few weeks before we can get out there and cut up the fallen tree branches. I'll borrow another chainsaw and we can make some firewood, prolly a few cords of good wood there. Once the weather cools off we'll be ready to ride. Woo-Hoo! Connor had me put about 2 dozen band aids on his legs to cover some mild boo-boos from the insects. Just mosquito bites, I don't think there were any fire ant bites. And luckily I saved him from that HUGE 10 inch snake. Croikeeee!!!! Have a go at that one!!!!!!!!!! And he seems to be spoken for on the marriage issue, the little girl next door wants to marry him. Her name is Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, .........................that's all I ever hear! Argh! God save the poor boy!

Low Post Whore!
post #11 of 20 Old 09-17-2007, 05:12 AM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

On a serious note. It's great to see good people become good "true" friends. You hear so many times, "you have so many friends." But, it's that you know alot of people and have many associations. "True" friends a limited.

Definition of friend: Someone that will come bail you out of jail.

Definition of a "true" friend: Someone who will help you get rid of the body. Or, someone who will be sitting next to you in that jail cell laughing and saying, "that was so much fun!"

post #12 of 20 Old 09-17-2007, 06:51 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Bravo Hooligan !

post #13 of 20 Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Bravo Hooligan !
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Makes you think. If that large snake was poisonous and Jet got bitten in the nutsack, would Hooligan have sucked the venom out?

post #14 of 20 Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post

Makes you think. If that large snake was poisonous and Jet got bitten in the nutsack, would Hooligan have sucked the venom out?
HaHa That was a very old joke.......................

"Two guys are walking through the desert when one of them gets bit in the privates by a large poisonous snake. The one guy hikes 10 miles to get help and finds a local doctor and tells him that his friend got bit by a poisonous snake. What do I do he asks the doctor. The doctor tells him to suck the venom out as best he can and get him to the nearest hospital. So the guy hikes back to his friend and his friend asks "did you find a doctor? what did he say?" And the guy says "yes I found a doctor". And the guy says "well, tell me, what did he say?" And the friend says "the doctor said you are going to die."

Low Post Whore!
post #15 of 20 Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Hey, why wasn't I called...?!?

I had 2 free hours between 2 and 4 am...

post #16 of 20 Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

worry not, Saturday the 29th is the day of turning fallen limbs into firewood.

post #17 of 20 Old 09-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration 

Saturday the 29th is the 4th anniversary of the birth of my eldest child, therefore the wife has informed me we will be generally acting gay, dressing funny, singing and eating cake with the rest of the extended clan on said day. I am off the afternoon of the 27th should you care to take a half day, or I'll be around on the 30th. Sorry mang....

Low Post Whore!
post #18 of 20 Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 AM

Awards Showcase

As long as he calls and reminds me a few days before the joyous log splitting event, I can probable make it...

post #19 of 20 Old 09-19-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

I aint begging you.
bitch.

get a dayplanner.

post #20 of 20 Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Awards Showcase

Dayplanners don't have enough space on them...

Biatch...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode