Changed the oil and refilled the coolant today. The engine was stumbling when opening the throttle from off idle, so I put some seafoam into the tank and let it run for a while which seemed to help clear up most of the stumble.
Took off the tail section to see what was going on with the rear taillight and found an abomination of a wiring job.
Yes, that is disintegrated bubble wrap that was previously used to wrap up an extra taillight harness. 3 loose positive wires, 2 positap connectors that connected to nowhere, 2 loose ground wires, and exposed connections. I also found out why the rear running taillight was not functioning. One of the taillight wires disconnected from the plug into the led panel.
Since there are 2 taillights in the 919, I simply plugged in the harness for the other light. I trimmed off the excess wires, wrapped up all of the exposed connections, and tidied up all of the wiring.
Since I had the tail section off, I also worked some magic to address the hole in the plastics.
Finally, I put the bike back together. After 7 months, it's good finally seeing it all in one piece.
The 919 is road worthy at this point. A few items to take care of though. I'm getting a small oil weep from the valve cover gasket, but I have new rubber donuts on order for the valve cover which should fix this. New bolts are on order for the grab handle. Plus, I'll need to find some metal blanks somewhere that I can bend and drill to make a bracket to secure the 919 fender to the f4i forks.