Where to tour during summer? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2013, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Where to tour during summer?

Hello riders I live in the UK and for summer I want to tour on my motorbike with my buddy who will be coming from Germany.

Talking to other riders they suggested America and France seems to be a popular one.

Any suggestions, info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

If you want to go on tour of the Americas, it is going to take some serious planning. People coming in from overseas often plan things out months or years in advance. It's usually not as simple as shipping your bike over and going for a ride as vehicles from overseas would need inspections and certifications to ride on US roads. What I have seen many travelers do is simply fly to the US and buy a new or used bike here to start the trip. If you do that, then you're looking at a long term trip to maximize your time and make it a worthwhile experience. By long term, I mean months. People will quit their jobs for a trip to the Americas. If you have family here or can borrow a bike like what Phobman did recently for his family from New Zealand, then it should be easier to plan around.

The western part of the United States is by far more scenic and most people coming from overseas usually start out there. Alaska is on my list of places to ride, but I'll need to get some off road experience under my belt to comfortably make it there. Other areas include the entire pacific coast, Yellowstone national park, and all of the national parks around Southern Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico.

In the US and Canada, getting around will be very easy and you will never be too far from food, gas, or medical services. If you a long trip, you will have to think about bike maintenance and plan stops accordingly.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
post #3 of 4 Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM
The Cripple

More and more places are starting to offer bikes other than HD for rentals so that is a viable option if they're cheap enough. Heck, contact Ricko2 and he'll get you guys squared away!

post #4 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Gratitude Sckill, great insight!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode