WanderLust calling, can I speak with Kevin? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 12-26-2006, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

WanderLust calling, can I speak with Kevin?

How do I get stir crazy in a year round riding environment?

I want to climb Mt. Everest. Wife says no, and I can't blame her. Things get dodgy when I hit the 4th rung on a ladder. I wanted to go fishing for crab a year ago; damned Discovery channel fills my head with notions of unrealistic adrenaline fueled danger. "Man vs. Wild", Bear Grylls should say "Do what I do and die." Les Stroud is the man.

My daughter started calling me "Dude", now I call her "Dudette", we're a team. Hard charging into a life of email, cellphones, Peep and the Big Wide World, baked chicken with broccoli and carrots, "using the whole fist there Doc?"... which among these earn me the right to be called "Dude"?

Hey Jackson, is overblown drama the modern substitute for action? Technology makes us pussious.
Sorry Ladies.
No beer make Homer crazy...

Just about the time I start itching for an adventure my trusted touring companion, one of the very few people I'd blindly trek into the deep dark unknown with, he goes and gets a new job. New Job = no vacation time for a year, ugh. He tried to get me to commit to an ambitious "Hit every state east of the Mississippi in '07" roadshow and, at that moment, I avoided the commitment. Words are promises, not intentions.
I celebrate for him though, he deserves a slice of good pie and a cup of hot joe.

2007 should bring an adventure worthy of writing down and preserving for future generations. These eyes are wide open, a notebook at my side. I jot down things, places, people I should see. By spring maybe they'll congeal into a loose travel route, by summer I should roll, by winter the GS should need an overhaul.
So many things to do, so little time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Hondaf4iguy calling the dreamer..........

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #3 of 9 Old 12-26-2006, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

post #4 of 9 Old 12-26-2006, 06:24 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

You are only coming through in waves,
Your lips move but I cant hear what youre saying

post #5 of 9 Old 12-26-2006, 07:06 AM

Did you watch the Everest: Beyond the Limits Kevin? That was a good show! We watched a marathon over the weekend and then caught the final episode. Those guys are nuts. The view and everything would be just amazing, but I know I couldn't do it. Nate looked it up last night I think it was and with the conversion it's like $48,000 to do the trip with that guy on the show. I just can't imagine.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-26-2006, 07:44 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Everest isnt what it used to be. Granted it can still kill you and quickly if you do it in the wrong time of the year... but a LOT of people go up and do Everest... more than the show likes you to think.

Remember ITS TV!

I still wouldnt do it... too cold for me! The ski run down would be the only tempting thing.

I LOVE Tig Bitties!
post #7 of 9 Old 12-27-2006, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

Yes Angela - I watched them all. The ending shows were pretty brutal with them leaving that climber to die alone.

post #8 of 9 Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Left Hand Suzuki Method

Books are way better than TV. Read "Into Thin Air"

Discovery did an awesome job on the Everst deal and over the holidays I watched every episode of Man vs. Wild, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs. I felt like I need to send them a check for using their channel so much... hahaha! Discovery and History channel... can't live without em. And my xbox!

post #9 of 9 Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 AM
BANNED!

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Anyone watch Extreme Engineering... or somthing like that?

I caught almost the full episode of where this French firm built a very long and tall bridge. They didnt build it in the air conventionally, rather on one end then 'slid' it accross the support towers already in place. Was amazing. Met the two ends at midspan to complete it.

Absolutley amazing stuff. I recall a blurb in there about it being the same firm that built the failed airport terminal too.... so mayb ethey arent all that amazing. Fun to watch nonetheless!

I LOVE Tig Bitties!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode