Thunder Beach - Panama City Beach, Spring 2012 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 1 Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Raddock

Thunder Beach - Panama City Beach, Spring 2012

I have finally put my bike together after an unjustified waiting period of almost 6 months so I decided to take it on its "surgically reconstructed maiden" journey:

DSCN0676.jpg

The place to be: Thunder Beach, Spring 2012 - where the girls are nice and the sun is hot... Good that the Gulf waters are still cold enough to cool your mind (and pants) off after visiting the FREE bikini bike-wash stations or the Coyote Ugly Saloon.

DSCN0667.jpg
DSCN0712.jpg

... not necessarily a place for naked bikes, but the perfect environment to see some nice cruisers, enjoy loud pipes and see some nice fat-a$$ tires.

DSCN0689.jpg
DSCN0698.jpg

The setting: beautiful Panama City Beach - a spring-break haven earlier in the year, it was now the core party location for over 60,000 bikers. Vendors with all sorts of cool stuff ranging from girl's sexy attire and jewlery to weaponery and biker apparel, there was something for everybody. Several hotspots were laid out across the land and it was pretty easy to get get your wallet out and spend a few bucks at each location. Aside for that, beer was pouring (not only the rain on Friday) and the shrimp were fresh; steaks and juicy burgers were served by the local or event-imported eye-candy... All the venues had something to offer and I found myself falling into temptation a couple of times!

Florida has no helmet law so I tried not using one - it all works well up to around 30 mph. and after that your eyes will start watering (not just the mouth), but it was fun to try this too - however - safety first!

Major point: No matter what you rode, you did not get the BS talk from anyone and people were happy to share stories and talk about their rides.

As it cannot always be sunny, there were a few minuses: drunk riders, a couple of accidents and the stop and go traffic...

All in all it was a great trip that I would reward with an A+

You can find out more and prepare for the next one in October at: Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally, Panama City Beach Bike Week

Cheers to all and thanks to Pvster, Impalaslayer and other members for the parts that they've sent me so I can make my Green Hornet whole again.

Doc Hornet
Certified Streetfighter Enthusiast
2004 Honda Hornet Owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode