Sunday morning tour - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 07-12-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Sunday morning tour

Got up today to a beautiful sunrise and nice mild temps and decided to go for a ride. I havenít really ridden much since I plowed into that damn deer a few weeks ago. I needed to get back to riding. I decided to take the Aprilia RS125 out for a real ride. Until today I have ridden it only 100 miles or so at a time. Today I did 250 on it and it was surprisingly comfortable for itís torture rack like seating position. I think light weight and a narrow frame made it a lot easier on my old body than trying to wrangle the RC51 and all itís heft through a corner. I thought my old 929 was a scalpel, this RS is like a surgical laser. Point it and it goes. I had a blast today riding some nice roads that were mostly deserted until about 1:00 on my way back home when it was a steady line of cars and bikes. I had already had my fun by then anyway.

My first stop of the day was at Dover Dam.

I continued down Rt. 800 to New Philadelphia and stopped in front of the Tuscarawas County Courthouse (try saying that 3 times real fast). It is a beautiful old building built in 1882.

I made it as far as the junction of 800 and I77 where I turned around. The traffic was picking up and I wanted to get home in time to hang out with the wife. I veered off of 800 on 22 to Cadiz and picked up SR9 again. This is usually one of my favorite roads, but the surface was in terrible shape all the way from Cadiz to Germano. From Germano to Carrolton it was a lot better and I saw some construction along the way so Iím hoping for a resurfacing this year. I stopped just past Kilgore on SR9 for this scenic Ohio shot.

I nearly ran out of fuel on the little 2 smoker and limped it into a BP in Lisbon. I ended up getting around 45mpg for the day so that is a plus. I also turned over 1000 miles on this bike today and saw 103mph on the clocks (on a private airfield of course). Iím a happy camper with this little bike. Now it is back to the daily grind of work and home remodeling. Thanks for lookiní

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Honda 919!!!!

Glad to hear you had a nice ride! :001_smile:

https://wristtwisters.com/botm/20253-...tml#post330285
(feel free to send me a PM about how to make a shortcut to the linky) <----
post #3 of 11 Old 07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
LIVE FOR THE PROCESS

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Gorgeous bike. I've always been JoePlainAss FuntionOverForm guy. But that Aprilia makes me notice how nice it must be to ride something that spectacular looking and look at it against various backdrops on a sunday ride.

What a day.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-12-2009, 05:30 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

looks like fun

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #5 of 11 Old 07-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Glad to see you out riding again! Wish it was on your 900rr but hopefully one day you will have it back on the road again.

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #6 of 11 Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEw A O8 View Post
Glad to hear you had a nice ride! :001_smile:
Thanks, it was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty View Post
Gorgeous bike. I've always been JoePlainAss FuntionOverForm guy. But that Aprilia makes me notice how nice it must be to ride something that spectacular looking and look at it against various backdrops on a sunday ride.

What a day.
I'm actually with you on that. I used to like a flashy paint job but now I like a solid color more. I'm not really a big fan of the red and NEON yellow, but that is the only way it comes. I would like to swap with someone in the UK for a black version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
looks like fun
It was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
Glad to see you out riding again! Wish it was on your 900rr but hopefully one day you will have it back on the road again.
I was glad to be out riding again. I am waiting on July 20th for my ins. agent to return from his vacation and to see how we can settle this once and for all. It will be back on the road in one form or another. I have way too many parts for it to let it go.

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
post #7 of 11 Old 07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
not cro-magnon

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Gorgeous bike, nice scenery.... I'm jealous.

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
post #8 of 11 Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic11 View Post
Gorgeous bike, nice scenery.... I'm jealous.
Thanks. I don't think I have ever heard anyone use the word nice or the word jealous when talking about Ohio.

post #9 of 11 Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Great pics, glad to hear you're back out on the road after your Bambi incident!

post #10 of 11 Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
not cro-magnon

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehren2800 View Post
Thanks. I don't think I have ever heard anyone use the word nice or the word jealous when talking about Ohio.
I live in the concrete part of Florida and that blue smoker woud make Jersey look nice. :001_smile:

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
post #11 of 11 Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Great pics, glad to hear you're back out on the road after your Bambi incident!
Glad to be back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic11 View Post
I live in the concrete part of Florida and that blue smoker woud make Jersey look nice. :001_smile:
Ha, ha, ha.... Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode