Sunday FUNday! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Sunday FUNday!

Took the Tuono for a little backroad jaunt today. It is my Sunday preference to cruise through the countryside, taking in the sights, sounds, smells, and twists of this great country. Many choose to sit in solemn presence; stuffed with the traditions of recited psalms and prayers talking about the beauty God has created while faint traces of formaldehyde waft between the wrinkles. I however choose to roll the throttle, breathe the rush, and dive into the curves blessed to this countryside rather than sit and converse to walls and ears about the trinity. My faith is not judgmental, but simply more pertinently absorbed when out in the world experiencing it first hand, rather than listening to the talk and pomp of regulated services.

This particular thunder crashes itself on the shores and banks of spring flowers and bluegrass, shuddering with the passing of an Italian twin and it's roar. Every twist is mine, taken with a grin and left behind in memory for the next time I need a quick release and escape from the city. I ran through the countryside and the woods, with fields of tobacco and spring flowers grinning from the sun to match the smile on my face. Kentucky's countryside is gorgeous and the roads are superb.

I made my way through bourbon bluegrass country passing the Wild Turkey distillery and countless old relics of abandoned dreams and businesses long since past. I particularly love old buildings and with them littered prevalently throughout Kentucky's back roads; it's easy to stop, listen, and take pictures of a time past.

Sunday morning rides work best for me as the majority of the populace are experiencing themselves in church, leaving the roads open and free of nearly any traffic. It's easy to be quickly lost, carving through the backroads with complete freedom and it has become one of my favorite times to ride.

Here are some pics from today's Sunday funday!

Wild Turkey distillery on the hillside.

I'm not a botanist, so I don't know what these flowers are, but they were lining a road I was traveling on for quite a while. Anyone admit to knowing?

I really liked this field of flowers, only wishing some of the pics had turned out better.

I really enjoy shooting derelict old buildings.

Good news, working people of the world! I've found where all our tax money is being stored instead of being used to benefit the country! It's inside this 'Taxpaid Storage room' on a bum-ville road in central Kentucky.

No entrada

The route (more or less)
MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Tirone

Great pics! Sounds like an awesome Sunday morning!

post #3 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Milites Gregarius

The flowers are called day lillies anf grow wild on the side of many roads up here in Northern NYS also.

post #4 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Immune

Great pics! What kind of camera were you using?

Oh, and the flowers are daylilies

Erik
2005 Honda 919

I've got a lot of places to see! (on the bike) :-)
post #5 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Reds View Post
Great pics! Sounds like an awesome Sunday morning!
+1!

post #6 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikjmaser View Post
Great pics! What kind of camera were you using?

Oh, and the flowers are daylilies
sony nex-5.

great pic btw

post #7 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase

I use a Sony NEX-5N (18-55mm lens) and absolutely LOVE IT! The first three pics are frozen 'still shots' from filming with the GoPro.

Talked with my mom a little while ago and she said they are wild 'Tiger Lilies.' They were gorgeous and the little bit of saturation editing I added to the pics didn't do them justice in person. I should have picked a couple.

post #8 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
sony nex-5.
Are you psychic? Or just a follower of my pic threads? lol I am an amateur, but it does take some great pics!

post #9 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStraub 919 View Post
Are you psychic? Or just a follower of my pic threads? lol I am an amateur, but it does take some great pics!
lol no, your pics told me its nex5.
I just picked Nikon j1 and it's amazingly small and light for mirrorless camera.
That thing fits in my pocket with 10mm lens and it's a freaking speed demon.
Perfect for on the go setup

post #10 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStraub 919
I use a Sony NEX-5N (18-55mm lens) and absolutely LOVE IT! The first three pics are frozen 'still shots' from filming with the GoPro.

Talked with my mom a little while ago and she said they are wild 'Tiger Lilies.' They were gorgeous and the little bit of saturation editing I added to the pics didn't do them justice in person. I should have picked a couple.
I too have the 5n. Looking to pick up the 30 sigma prime soon (or 24 cz but I have a lot of other things to get before that...).

I've had full dslrs and did photography for a while...got tired a dragging a heavy cam around.

I miss the focusing speed but the small size and image quality make up for it...mostly.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #11 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 08:34 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
I miss the focusing speed but the small size and image quality make up for it...mostly.
that's a trade off for bigger sensor on 5n. I was looking to get 5n for "on the go" setup but the focusing speed was important to me as much as size. Amazingly Nikon 1 is performing extremely well with its sensor, it's fast and small.
This pics show J1 with 10-30 lens. Little but amazing pancake 10mm f/2.8 nikkor lens will allow you to pocket this cam. And it does much better in low light than 10-30 lens
not my pics

Nikon 1 - a set on Flickr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode