Spring Swarm: 05/01/11 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

Spring Swarm: 05/01/11

The crew had such a good time last year with our final event and the route, it was decided that we would rerun the route this year in a more civilized temperature. Nine bikes arrived at the Pilot Station, re-fueled, and prepared for action. Two squadrons were formed with TJ's group(two Teutonic twins, 2 niners, and a CBR) being the first to leave. The early route was to be a little deviation from the original due to some logistical problems and a walk/run marathon over in Asbury. The second flight departed just a few minutes later with 3 niners and another BMW.

Brown Trout in the Upper Deck:

After 75 miles of warm-up and plenty of rural twisties, our group needed a break and sought refuge at the Swartzwood Firehouse with a portable commode across the street. The respite was appreciated, but someone had left their calling card in wrong receptacle. A few laughs ensued with a photo op as we were going to pin the loose deuce on the the first wave. We did a 20 mile super twisty loop and returned past the Deli without incident, but did not find the first squadron. The remainder of the ride was exactly the same as last fall with the exception of a nice tour through the community of Mountain Lake. Re-fueled in Belvidere, we headed for TK's across the Delaware River and through the playground of River Road.

Felix and the Golden Shower:

The first flight did stop at the Deli, but apparently left prior to our arrival down the street. Our routes were exactly the same with only a few adjustments for fuel and a multiple passes for their enjoyment through the carousel at River Road. Their pause at the Deli caused them to search for a private place to void their bladders(the Deli has no restroom). Suitable cover was found behind the dumpster which apparently is where aging felines go to pass on to the "great litter pan in the sky."

Both groups arrived within minutes of each other, a table for ten was arranged, and orders were taken. TK's is a restaurant that is never crowded and two wheelers are always welcomed. Unfortunately, our favorite waitress was not on duty that day. Plenty of conversation ensued about the activity of the day, the attractions, and where to for the next Swarm. FYI, there is a Sunoco Station on Route 94 in Blairstown that has some mighty fine pump jockeys managing your fuel requests. Thanks to Sckill for the recon work on that.

Everyone arrived home safely with full bellies and a few more miles of Jersey twisties under the belts.

Thanks for your support.

Doc

I attendance:

Doc
TJConc
jilux21
rmb
Sckill
zaq123
Tom
BMW and his wife Jill
jfslater98
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spring Swarm 0511 001 (Medium).jpg (111.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Spring Swarm 0511 002 (Medium).jpg (115.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Spring Swarm 0511 003 (Medium).jpg (111.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Spring Swarm 0511 006 (Medium).jpg (84.8 KB, 40 views)

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

A good time was had by all! Hey mods, does this qualify for an official WT event?

post #3 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Aquilifer

Shit howdy, I see at least three 919's.

post #4 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 05:26 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

we had a total of five 9ers, one CBR three BMWs

post #5 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Hey mods, does this qualify for an official WT event?
not without a pic of a deuce and jfslater98 in his lunch attire. After he admitted to pissing on a cat, I have a theory on who possibly could leave an upper decker for the group 2.

post #6 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
A good time was had by all! Hey mods, does this qualify for an official WT event?
Done, wear it with pride! Looks like a good time was had by all. We need to talk to Andy and see if we can get a "Brown Trout" award added.

post #7 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 05:52 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I swear. If I get past my d.o.t. audit, I'm gonna find a way to get my niner on the pete and go play with you east coasters sometime.

Glad you guys "buzzed" the town.

post #8 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
I swear. If I get past my d.o.t. audit, I'm gonna find a way to get my niner on the pete and go play with you east coasters sometime.

Glad you guys "buzzed" the town.
C'mon down! I might even be able to find a place for you to park the rig.

post #9 of 26 Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM
m00bz

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
not without a pic of a deuce and jfslater98 in his lunch attire. After he admitted to pissing on a cat, I have a theory on who possibly could leave an upper decker for the group 2.
So you really think a guy who looks like this is suspicious?

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

post #10 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Peeing on your dead pets. Hahaha. Nice bike BTW. Looks like you guys had a good day.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #11 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 AM
m00bz

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Thanks Jim! Great site you're running here!

Thanks also to the East Coast crew for letting me run with you. I had a terrific time, looking forward to riding with you all again.

post #12 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Disclaimer: no animal/s alive or deceased were injured during this Swarm. Any relationship between jfslater98 and the loose deuce is purely coincidental despite the fact that they both appear in the same post. The distance between the dumpster and the plastic commode is too great to accomplish both feats without being missed by the first squadron for that length of time.

By request:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spring Swarm 0511 007 (Medium).jpg (121.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Spring Swarm 0511 004 (Medium).jpg (49.7 KB, 13 views)

post #13 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM
`

Awards Showcase

this is gross I'm glad we skipped that stop at the porta john, good call TJ

post #14 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Did anyone take the temperature to see if it was fresh?

post #15 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
HamBone

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Did anyone take the temperature to see if it was fresh?
Looks a bit dry on the top, prob. not too fresh..

Hopefully my 'sciatica' goes away soon so I can F'n ride more than just around my hood...Glad ya'll had a good time.

post #16 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1100r View Post
Looks a bit dry on the top, prob. not too fresh..

Hopefully my 'sciatica' goes away soon so I can F'n ride more than just around my hood...Glad ya'll had a good time.
Sorry you missed out on Sunday. Heal up soon. Too many good times ahead.

Doc

post #17 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Done, wear it with pride! Looks like a good time was had by all. We need to talk to Andy and see if we can get a "Brown Trout" award added.

Feel free to use the pic a model for the award:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/f19/spr...tml#post444432

Doc

post #18 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
m00bz

Awards Showcase

Those are some great pics. Can't tell you how pleased I am that I am right next to ground zero for the Porta Potty Upper Decker meme that this thread will spawn. I Googled it, we are first on the block for that one. Nice!

Here's the thread I mentioned at lunch. Great tip for those of you trying to get a little more performance out of your I4's.

Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong..... - AudiForums.com

post #19 of 26 Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Le So Cal Troll

so u didnt have to ride the drz after all zaq123?

post #20 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 02:48 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfslater98 View Post
Those are some great pics. Can't tell you how pleased I am that I am right next to ground zero for the Porta Potty Upper Decker meme that this thread will spawn. I Googled it, we are first on the block for that one. Nice!

Here's the thread I mentioned at lunch. Great tip for those of you trying to get a little more performance out of your I4's.

Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong..... - AudiForums.com
Good one!

post #21 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfslater98 View Post
That's why the disclaimer was added.

There may be a question or two about the look of pride and accomplishment as you gaze toward the trout photo, but you would have had to "fly" down and make a deposit. Does that "under-the-stich outfit" come with a cape?

Just asking.

Doc

post #22 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 AM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
so u didnt have to ride the drz after all zaq123?
No, I took my 9er. I took apart my WP and put it back together before the ride and it haven't leaked since, yet it is. I got new one, just to be safe.
It worked out well as gas stations were few and far between up there.

Here is a couple of pics for you though

post #23 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 05:25 AM
m00bz

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-DocLizard1 View Post
Does that "under-the-stich outfit" come with a cape?
Doc
It does, but I usually don't wear it. See, no matter how many times I clean it, this odd stain near the bottom always seems to reappear. Always after a ride near parks too. Strange.

post #24 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
No, I took my 9er. I took apart my WP and put it back together before the ride and it haven't leaked since, yet it is. I got new one, just to be safe.
It worked out well as gas stations were few and far between up there.

Here is a couple of pics for you though

oooo da drz is lookin GOOD! ... god i want one so bad, just cant justify 2 bikes at this point.

post #25 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
oooo da drz is lookin GOOD! ... god i want one so bad, just cant justify 2 bikes at this point.
Between my 9er (10k miles) and DRZ (3k miles) I spent $6500. For bikes only, without any upgrades. This way I got two different bikes for not even price of new one

post #26 of 26 Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Between my 9er (10k miles) and DRZ (3k miles) I spent $6500. For bikes only, without any upgrades. This way I got two different bikes for not even price of new one
And the best of both worlds!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode