Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

September Jaunt

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SuedeGopher 
#1 ·
Well, here in the UK we're quickly running out of riding weather for ths year, so when Saturday dawned bright, and with a brill weekend forecast :001_cool: Mrs T and I decided to seize the chance to take her Hornet and my new CBF 600 for a trip. We live on the north coast of the peninsula that makes up the bottom left-hand corner of England, so we decided to do a little coast-to coast, and headed to Poole, on the south coast - just a couple of hundred miles round trip.

A few pics are at: Late Summer Weekender

Both bikes were great. A 600 is probably the ideal capacity bike for UK roads, with enough poke for most situations, without being so powerful as to be frustrating when it gets busy. I stiffened up the suspension on the CBF while we were at Yeovilton - it was finding it a little hard to cope with my portly 200lbs + heavy rucksack on stock settings. I'll stick with the revised settings, which make for nice progressive handling. It's got a few hundred miles on it now, and is loosening up well, with high speed cruising quite sustainable, up to anything the old neck can withstand!

Hopefully we'll get another chance to get away before the autumn really sets in. Now though, beer time :cheers: (gratuitous excuse to use emoticon).

Cheers

Andy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.