post #1 of 11 Old 07-25-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Riding other people's stuff

I'm becoming a bike mooch *cough*hondaf4igeek*cough*

My friend just picked up this cbx:

That's right kids, SIX head pipes. It's so comfortable I wanted to get on the freeway and ride it to the west coast.

While I was there, he said I should ride the cbr1000f ratbike so I did. It's tattered but it's a Honda and with only 20k miles it still runs like a top. Very fun, but the bars are too low. When he said could make a pair of bar risers in his machine shop I became more interested and would up trading him something for it so it's mine now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbx1.JPG (76.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg cbx3.JPG (99.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg cbx2.JPG (100.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg cbr2.jpg (30.0 KB, 43 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-25-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

and another thing.....

I also got to ride Greg's totally awesome cbr900rr. Is this considered "vintage" now? With its noisy flatslide carbs, it delivers power like my Turbo - not too much down low but comes on strong when the revs come up. Very racey & cool, still handles great. I was like 20-something when that came out and still remember how it made me drool.

I sold the v65 magna and the cb750 , picked up an '01 Bandit 1200. It was sitting in some doctor's garage. 4k miles and the carbs were all gummed up. Not sure if it's a keeper yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr9.JPG (49.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 0711091320.jpg (125.0 KB, 36 views)

post #3 of 11 Old 07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Legalize it please?

Cool bikes! The CBX is an interesting one. Me and FXS saw one at the BMW dealer Upstate NY. That was the first time i even heard of them! Looked like a bear in the turns, like u said though, looked like something you'd want to take from here to Cali! Did you get any seat time on it? Any other ride impressions?

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out

post #4 of 11 Old 07-26-2009, 03:17 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Those old CBX's were nice machines.

The 1979 version was the runner, like most, the later versions lost a little umph.

Heck of a sport touring machine, and those bikes are appreciating like mad.

post #5 of 11 Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

You mean this beauty?

Dude you are all over the place with the bikes....a little manic a little OCD. But I like it. You oughtta suit up and go terrorize the neighbors on my F3 while you have it.....people really like the open pipe noise it makes.......

How rashed up is the other side of the 1000?

post #6 of 11 Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

alright, your cbr pic is my new wallpaper! that thing gives me a chubby.

the 1000 is just ugly. Every piece of plastic is either cracked, rashed, or dinged. The parts guy said the plastics are still available but they're big money. Huge actually. It IS straight however - frame, wheels. swingarm, etc. and runs great. I'll ride it like it is. What do I care? Spending $2k on bodywork means it could be sold for 2500 or when I'm done riding it as is I could probably get $800-1000 for it.

I very much dislike the neighbor at the shop. I will blast up & down the road on your loud-ass racebike then stow it before the state pd shows up. Heck with their response time, I'll be home having a sandwich before they show up.

I only put a few miles on the cbx but will try to steal it for longer when I go get the 1000f.

I'm gonna stare at the cbr then go wake up the wife. Is that wrong?

post #7 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Need I say more?

I haven't seen a CBX since high school, we had a brand new pair to work on in votech, cool bikes.

post #8 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 11:39 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzTurbo View Post
I also got to ride Greg's totally awesome cbr900rr. Is this considered "vintage" now? With its noisy flatslide carbs, I was like 20-something when that came out and still remember how it made me drool.

I sold the v65 magna and the cb750 , picked up an '01 Bandit 1200. It was sitting in some doctor's garage. 4k miles and the carbs were all gummed up. Not sure if it's a keeper yet.
Yep, The 1993 CBR900RR is now WERA Heavyweight legal now - - Great bike, one of the most innovative one's that the big H built, IMO - NAd seeing as how this one has Flatslides, you got an item of lust -

Good looking Bandito - one you get the carbs cleaned up give her a good ride - great motor, Ok chasis, Ok brakes ( needs S/S lines like crazy ), handles decent for its girth - good , cheap bikes they are -

post #9 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I saw the thread title and thought you would post a pic of Barton on top of Dave...

Cool bikes!

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #10 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 

I had several 900RR's in various forms including a Turbo, but this one was my favorite.

Naturally aspirated 142rwhp

The CBX never did it for me, but I once rode a KZ1300 6 Cylinder that was nothing short of being a green monster. Just not my bag I guess. I've always preferred less oomph along with less weight to make it comparable.

post #11 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Stare into me...

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
I had several 900RR's in various forms including a Turbo, but this one was my favorite.

Naturally aspirated 142rwhp

142? That's freaky deeky........I bet it was a ripper. Unfortunately the 900RR was the stunt bike of shoice so alot of them have been stunted into oblivion....a few more were front-end-washed into the scrap heap at trackdays and the like. Sweet examples are harder and harder to find. I love mine...I can ride this thing on a back road with just about anybody on anything. It's a nice combo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode