Ride report for my 919th post!!!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Ride report for my 919th post!!!!

What better way to celebrate my 919th post then by doing a ride report, right?

So sent a text to The Shadow (aka Declan) the other day asking if he would like to go for a ride. As he lives in North CO and I live in South CO the perfect location to meet was Breckenridge, CO as it was 2hrs away from each of us. Then so we could ride together for a bit we went on to Evergreen, CO. From there our separate ways to go back home.

My Father-in-law started out the day at 9am going up US24 to CO9 to Fairplay then through South Park, Alba, and Blue River into Breckenridge. This route takes us over three passes; Ute, Wilkerson, and Hoosier Pass. We met up with Declan in Breckenridge at 1200 and had lunch at the Breckenridge Brewery. A Vanilla Porter, Oatmeal Stout and a Avalanche Ale some water and sandwiches later it was time to ride again. WE back tracked through BLue River, Alba, South Park and Fairplay to get back 285. Went north on 285 to CO73 up in to Evergreen. There we met up with MntNiceGuy and finally after a great road full of tight turns and multiple switching curves it was time to get back to our normal day lives. I took some photos but forgot to take some in Evergreen. Here is a link to the route we took today.

Colorado Springs, CO to Colorado Springs, CO - Google Maps

Randy taking a nap under the Wilkerson Pass sign.

The bikes.

Where we came from. Back side of Pikes Peak aka The Craigs and The Devils Play Ground

Just to throw out a number to you.

Where we are going.

This is how we start our decent from the Pass.

At first there was two.

And then there was three.

Yes there is still snow in June in the High Country.

Ahhh, Home! The view from the bedroom window.

Front side of Pikes Peak.

The US Air Force Academy Cadet Area and Chapel.

The USAFA Falcons Stadium in the shadow of Pikes Peak.

I hope you enjoyed the Pictures and if you zoom in on the map you can see how twisty this roads can get! Some straights but its well worth the wait! Thanks to Shadow and MntNiceGuy!!

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Man what a beautiful place to ride. Glad you guys had a good time. How does your Father In Law like the Aprila Caponard?

post #3 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I've been to the Air Force Academy a couple of times. Didn't realize I was that close to you. Thanks for the pics and the report. Need food pics though.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike

post #4 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 AM
MSF blacksheep

Colorado looks awesome!

post #5 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Man what a beautiful place to ride. Glad you guys had a good time. How does your Father In Law like the Aprila Caponard?
He loves the Caponard! He had a Vstrom 650 and loved that, sold it for a Moto Guzi Breva 750 and just had problems with that thing. He pretty much gave it to me when my Norton was in the garage being worked on. He started to look for a GS but couldn't stomach the price point. He ended up making a trade on the Breva plus cash for the Caponard to a private party and has been in love ever since. He is big into the Adventure riding as he likes to look down a road and go "What's down that way?" and turn. The bike is huge as you can see in the pictures but He is 6'2" so it fits him nicely. My Mother-in-law rides with him and they claim it is great for two up as well.

@HondaJim: Next time you at the USAFA send me a PM and we'll do a BBQ maybe Declan and Todd can come on down from the North. Do you go there to play for the Cadets? What kind of food pics do you want?

@Ferris Bueller: Thanks. These mountains have their own beauty but so do my Smokies! Any time anyone wants to come out a ride and dinner will await!

post #6 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 PM
NWTB Non Stinky 919

I came in here expecting 919 post from you.... it says 924 I feel ripped off.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Well, I am an opinionated man so I felt some other posts warranted a response from me. But rest assured that this was my 919th.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode