Nice ride yesterday - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
I WANNA RIDE!

Nice ride yesterday

Myself and a couple friends rode from Chicago to Savanna, IL yesterday. It's a small town on the Mississippi. It was a good ride, about 300 miles there and back with a little meandering along the way.
Had lunch at a great place called Poopy's! I had the regular poop but you could get a big poop too! It is geared towards bikers and has a dedicated motorcycle parking area as well as an outdoor area to eat and a stage, they had a live band playing. Inside is a shop with all kinds of gear and a tattoo parlor. The bathroom had two showers as well. It was a real casual, relaxed place and the food was good.

POOPYS.COM – Motorcylcle parts and accessories. Pub n Grub, Tattoos, Motorcycle shop, Store, Live entertainment & more.

Then we stopped at the Iron Horse Social Club. A nice bar that has A LOT of early 1900's flat tracking bikes, hillclimbers and memorabilia. They have three floors of museum like displays of the stuff. Really cool. They even have a wedding chapel so you can have a biker wedding! I only took a couple of crappy cell phone pics but you can get the idea.

The Horse

All in all a good day with good friends and a good ride. What more can you ask for? (Well, you can ask for more but you most likely won't get it so take what you can get!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo08071502.jpg (162.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Photo08071502_2.jpg (131.4 KB, 4 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Former 919er

Sounds like fun. I've yet to do any more than half-day (6-hour rides), including stops to snack, etc. I hope to get in at least one full-day ride this year. You're right, take what you can get!

post #3 of 3 Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Sounds like a great ride in my book!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode