My first experience on the dragon 129 - Wrist Twisters
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By badmoon692008
  • 1 Post By LDH
  • 1 Post By badmoon692008

post #1 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Kyle

My first experience on the dragon 129

So it was time for our annual family vacation. We live in Ohio and I was debating the whole week whether to ride or not. Soon I realized that I may never be able to do this again, I went out and bought a cargo net to haul important items. Friday morning I left for Gatlinburg and it wasn't until Tuesday I rode to the dragon. The roads leading to the dragon were just as fun as the dragon themselves. Instead of tight butt clinching switchbacks, they were more long winding controllable turns. I got to the resort and went straight up the hill. I remember my buddies dad saying to stay on the right side so you don't cut into other lanes. I took his advice and rode beyond my comfort level throughout the entire 11 miles. It was really an experience that I think everyone should do. It will truly show your true colors and give you a sense of confidence from now on. The only thing that put me to ease was having confidence in my tires and realizing that there's a chance I'll lay the bike down. Once I told myself that, I rode harder and faster. By the end, my tires were bubbling and I was exhausted, but I felt like it was experience that helped me both in my riding skills and mentally. God bless the dragon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 08:04 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldiver14 View Post
I took his advice and rode beyond my comfort level throughout the entire 11 miles.The only thing that put me to ease was having confidence in my tires and realizing that there's a chance I'll lay the bike down. Once I told myself that, I rode harder and faster.
I think this may be some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen posted on this site... and I've seen some shit
beefsalad, jrj and ewmin3m like this.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #3 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
I think this may be some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen posted on this site... and I've seen some shit
I dunno... The entire post about some guy thinking he learned some kind of life lesson because he thinks he rode hard on a twisty road is pretty high up on the Epic Stupid Shit of all time list.

There isn't a road in this entire country that will teach you more than you will learn in 20 minutes on a prepped race track.
beefsalad likes this.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Kyle

I thought it was a pretty fun road and a great experience compared to the open country roads of southwest ohio. You guys can take your comments and shove them right up your cock filled assholes.

post #5 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 01:29 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Oooh a feisty one!

post #6 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

im sure it was fun and an experience, but if you care about being alive and having all of your parts, doing what you did was dumb. now obviously, a lot of people know that riding fast is dumb and do it anyways. kind of like people who drink, smoke, or basically do anything dangerous. hell, playing football is dangerous. we weigh the risks, understand them, and do it anyways. personally i feel like as long as you aren't gonna ruin someone elses day when you paste yourself all over the road, or do stuff that give bikers a bad name like lane splitting going 50mph+ faster, then it's no big deal, your life not mine. however, obviously for the sake of you staying alive i must say, ride WITHIN your limits with a large margin for safety. if you want to test them, go to a track. if you just want to die, do whatever. dont mind the guys here, we've all seen buddies either get really hurt or worse and we have different ways of trying to prevent other people from following suit. the effectiveness of their persuasion varies, but keep in mind it's all in good heart. glad you had a good time but really man, the streets are for the adventure, the track is for the speed.

post #7 of 7 Old 09-16-2016, 02:11 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldiver14 View Post
I thought it was a pretty fun road and a great experience compared to the open country roads of southwest ohio. You guys can take your comments and shove them right up your cock filled assholes.
As you correctly identified, it's already full... no room for comments... appreciate the suggestion though
jrj likes this.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode