L.I to Toronto and Back July4th - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-18-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Papa Bear

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

L.I to Toronto and Back July4th

Hey Guys I am looking for thoughts and suggestions.

There is an out side chance I could be taking a weekend trip to Toronto this summer.
I would rather ride then fly.

I am thinking possibly leaving Thursday night then returning Monday.

Thursday would be just to get out side of the nyc metro area. Then Friday hit a few sights along the way. Maybe even meet up with a few W.T member for a bite to eat or ride. Depending on how the day goes make Toronto Friday Night or Saturday morning. Next hang with Friends In Toronto see the sights Saturday and Sunday. Finally head home Monday.
What Do you guys think for the return trip. Should I suck it up and ride straight home or ride most of the way see a few more sights. Then chill for the night and ride to work Tuesday morning?

Thoughts or Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Dead Wrong

Garage
Wish I could ride to Toronto, I miss that place very much these days. Just take your time all the way.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

Hope you have a great trip. I went to school up in Ithaca and the weather is great this time of the year in upstate NY. I didn't have a bike at the time, but I would love to go back up there just to ride in the future.

If you're planning on going through NJ / PA up to Binghamton, Rt 11 that runs up parallel to 81 from Scranton, PA is a great detour. Rt 89 next to Cayuga lake is also very scenic. I usually avoid taking 17 from NYC to Binghamton unless you like talking to multiple with state troopers for going 56 in a 55 zone. Also, going through the Grand Central -> Triboro Bridge -> Harlem River Drive -> GWB is usually faster for getting out of the city than taking the Cross Bronx to the GWB.

Try out Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse and the Buffalo Wild Wings in Rochester near RIT and Anchor Bar in Buffalo. The ones upstate are much better than the ones in NYC. Don't forget to leave room in your luggage for the duty free shops at the border.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Papa Bear

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
Wish I could ride to Toronto, I miss that place very much these days. Just take your time all the way.
Any suggestions where to go or not go?

I will try to take my time. I will probably be pressed for time 4 Maaaaybe 5 days Max. that is if I hit work then home.

Thanks

post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2011, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Papa Bear

Awards Showcase

Sckill

I work in NYC Columbus Circle. Where are you?
Sounds like you have a lot of experience with this area. I would love to pick you brain on this. PM me.

Thanks

post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

We're pretty close then. Most of the time I'm usually staying with my GF who lives 2 blocks from Columbus Circle over on Columbus Ave. Otherwise I'm in Holliswood where the bike is stored at my parent's place. I'm the only blue CBR in the area and I used to be the only red 919 around so I guess you don't really ride to work?

What more would you like to know?

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Dead Wrong

Garage
Toronto is not the most intereting city for tourists. Simply put, clean and very well organized North American city...

Night clubs are great in downtown and the food is usually good. I suggest you try the Texas Grill on Front Street, they used to make mean Margarithas when I was there... If you want great fast food try the Kebab Place on Spadina Av. north of Dundas, will be on your right.

Of course take the elevator to CN tower it gives you a good view of the city you are visiting.

Dundas St, Queen St and Spadina Av. is where all the fun is in downtown. Cruise around there and you will find something fun.

I don't know you so this is pretty much all the advice I can provide. If you are a "smoker" visit the Friendly Stranger Queen st just a little west of University Av.

Will add more if something pops in my mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode