Just got back from first long ride. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Just got back from first long ride.

I ride a Victory Vision and my buddy rode a Victory Cross County. We rode from Dayton Ohio to Ft Walton Florida and back. Trip took us three and a half days. 1872 miles, total trip. Overall experience was great

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Congrats man. If you're doing a long ride like that, that's two sweet bikes to do it on. I rode a Cross Country Tourer at a Demo day and I could see cruising a long way on the freeway on that thing. It had a great sound system.

post #3 of 6 Old 06-29-2013, 08:47 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 

Congrats! Did you certify the ride with the IBA? If you have a beginning and end witness and all your gas receipts that ride could qualify as a Bun Burner 1500.

IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders

That license plate shroud gets respect.

Good on ya!

post #4 of 6 Old 06-30-2013, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Phenix View Post
Congrats! Did you certify the ride with the IBA? If you have a beginning and end witness and all your gas receipts that ride could qualify as a Bun Burner 1500.

IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders

That license plate shroud gets respect.

Good on ya!
No we didn't. I did keep my gas receipts though. We left Dayton Ohio 0330 the first day and blasted down I75 to 265, then down I65 past Bowlingreen Kentucky.We made it half way through Alabama until fatigue and the rain storm beat us up. The next morning we had to get off I65 and take back roads all the way to Ft Walton, it rained the whole time... Rested the rest if the day there. Got up early the rest day and took I10 along the pan handle towards I75. Get highway! We made it halfway through TN, before fatigue set in. Slept acouple of hours, the made it home. I defiently learned a lot about long distance riding. What takes six hours by car, takes eight on a bike. Having to stop more often for gas and to stretch/stay high drated. The full face helmet was a must, for wind burn and long sleeve under armor protected from sun burn. But protective clothing was a huge balance, with the triple digit heat

post #5 of 6 Old 06-30-2013, 05:42 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 

Oops - my bad. I guess I'm so desperate for a long ride my dyslexic brain mistook 3 1/2 days for 36 hours. That's still a great ride and accomplishment though, especially in this heat. Carry on man.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Phenix View Post
Oops - my bad. I guess I'm so desperate for a long ride my dyslexic brain mistook 3 1/2 days for 36 hours. That's still a great ride and accomplishment though, especially in this heat. Carry on man.
Hey Ken, my buddy reset his trip and hour meter right before we left. His bike numbers were: 1872.6 miles and 16.16 hours actually on bike. To be exact. The ride was defiently a bucket list. Hopefully next year, I can knock out another one. As long as the wife doesn't give me much grief and there isn't any deployments coming down the pipeline.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode