James - KLR - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 10-01-2007, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

James - KLR

Just a reminder to see what Ned can do on that KLR. Thanks man!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

will also be willing to get some sponsorship pictures, display some stickers, wear a teeshirt / hat for candid pictures etc if he's willing to support the cause.

post #3 of 13 Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I left him a voicemail after getting off the phone with you. He should have numbers waiting on me today after work.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

James, will need your help if you can get me a deal on a KLR. As we discussed before, I'd like to trade in the XX since I haven't ridden it in over a year.

post #5 of 13 Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
James, will need your help if you can get me a deal on a KLR. As we discussed before, I'd like to trade in the XX since I haven't ridden it in over a year.
I'll talk to him today. What are you hoping to get out of the XX?

post #6 of 13 Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner View Post
I'll talk to him today. What are you hoping to get out of the XX?
One Millllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooo ooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn dollars!

I'm not certain. What ever the book is on it?

post #7 of 13 Old 02-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase

Dave needs to call Johnny for a KLR if you're going.

We need to plan and sort out logistics/cost. I need a budget. I'm hoping we can do it on the cheap.

post #8 of 13 Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
Dave needs to call Johnny for a KLR if you're going.

We need to plan and sort out logistics/cost. I need a budget. I'm hoping we can do it on the cheap.
I'll call. Have the dates been set. Sorry, my mind has been elsewhere. These long a$$ days without a break are getting to me. We're talking 18+hrs everyday. This week was the worst. It included a lovely round of depositions!

post #9 of 13 Old 02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Is this the starting in Colorado adventure? Are you guys targeting some offroad detours for KLR dividends? If so can a weestrom ante?

post #10 of 13 Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Site Founder

Awards Showcase

As it sits the plan is to roll out from James' house June 9 - trailering the bikes to Denver area as a sort of basecamp.

Departing Denver date hasn't been set but expect June 19 or 20 - I'm not due back to work until June 24 so there's leeway there.

The basic plan is malleable but I hope we'll be seeing very out of the way places that (in some cases) can be a challenging ride over unmaintained dirt paths. Really looking to escape most of societies comforts. My approach is to prepare for an allout "Survivorman" / "Man versus Wild" adventure - the only difference being I'll have a tent, sleeping bag, supplies -etc. Think hardcore outback camping in different places as we travel around. I will be attempting to catch and consume critters along the trip including snakes, hares and whatever game animal is available - want to try and live off the land as much as possible.

Dream - I've seen Stroms do some rough stuff so if you want in you're certainly welcome, anyone who wants to get in on it is welcome.
I just want to see the most remote beauty the states have to offer.

post #11 of 13 Old 02-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase

I'm due back to work on the 23rd so it works out to about 10 days on 2 wheels only.

The route I have laid out covers about 250 miles per day which leaves us plenty of cushion if we should decide to take a detour off road or take in some local flair. The KLR's should hendle the job very respectably with the right equipment. From owning a Strom, they will do fine in nearly any conditions given the properly trained rider and sufficient equipment. I can say that thick red clay and DS tires do not mix well when you put a Strom in the middle.

Once in CO, the route starts at Pike's Peak and plays out to a 2,600 mile loop in five states.

post #12 of 13 Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
As it sits the plan is to roll out from James' house June 9 - trailering the bikes to Denver area as a sort of basecamp.

Departing Denver date hasn't been set but expect June 19 or 20 - I'm not due back to work until June 24 so there's leeway there.

The basic plan is malleable but I hope we'll be seeing very out of the way places that (in some cases) can be a challenging ride over unmaintained dirt paths. Really looking to escape most of societies comforts. My approach is to prepare for an allout "Survivorman" / "Man versus Wild" adventure - the only difference being I'll have a tent, sleeping bag, supplies -etc. Think hardcore outback camping in different places as we travel around. I will be attempting to catch and consume critters along the trip including snakes, hares and whatever game animal is available - want to try and live off the land as much as possible.

Dream - I've seen Stroms do some rough stuff so if you want in you're certainly welcome, anyone who wants to get in on it is welcome.
Live off the land? Hmmmm...

You catch the critters, I'm packing a boat load of protein and energy bars!

post #13 of 13 Old 02-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
I recently used this compact filter on a long trip and was very impressed.
http://www.trailspace.com/gear/first...ater-purifier/

Thanks much for the invite!!! You guys have the makings for a total blast adventure! My timing looks bad, since I started a couple projects this week and it will be challenging to reach critical mass inside four months. Convincing the SO on a new bike she doesn't get to ride much... Let me practice my pitch, "for safety sake I need a lighter solo bike with big wheels to roll over the dangerous animals, to prepare for an AK trip." I envision her response will be "Do whatever the XXXX you want!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode