Finally got a ride in! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Finally got a ride in!

Well, after my surgery, riding has been little to none, especially after the storm knocked the bike over and I had to replace a few bits... Anyway, it now has Renthal UL's w/Renthal bar ends (bars are gray, ends are black because it was cheaper that way), Delkevic stubby cans, PCIII USB w/TwoBros map, my custom DOD Decal holder - so I didn't have to stick the decals on the forks (I'm most proud of this, since I designed / measured / made it myself), CW Fender eliminator, Vizi-Tec brake light flasher, red-reflector license plate bolts, and the LOOBMAN manual chain luber. I think that's all anyway... It's a great motorcycle, and I'm glad to be able to ride it again after such a long recovery - then fixing after the storm! It's still not 100% from being blown over in the storm, but it's almost there. I still need to get a foot break lever and get around to replacing the front turn signals. I took the lens off and "adjusted" the plastic surround and then put it back on, the gasket sort of flops around in there, but it blinks. I have new lights for the front (they're dual filament lockhart phillips to match the rear) I just haven't put them on yet... I will soon... just rather ride it that sweat on it... Anyway, here's my pics.

Went a little over 200 miles today, got 58MPG on the first tank, but with only 70ish miles on the second tank, I don't know on that part yet... Stopped at the NC Zoological park and watched the elephants... They didn't move much.

After I rode down the wrong road for a while, I actually found the Zoo, but on my way out (I though I'd try a new route...) I found a different long cut that led me to a covered bridge!

Anyway, it was a nice ride - my ankle hurts a little bit, and my bumm isn't used to riding again, but it was a good ride none the less!

Oh, one other thing, Highway 42 doesn't go north/south like Google says it does, it goes east/west, but if you do turn off highway 64 onto 42west toward who knows what, you'll find a crazy cool road to ride on. Medium traffic, speed limit 55, and plenty of windy, elevation changing turns with 35MPH signs at the entries. A little narrow, but still pretty cool. Found a new lake too up there, might have to get the kayak out soon too! Sucks I missed all of summer, but by golly I'm going to make up for it now!

Ride safe -
-Adamjayp

PS: I swear I put 800x600 for the pic size in photobucket, but it's photobucket - who knows. I'll see if I can fix them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-05-2009, 06:42 PM
That's Right!!!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Very cool, thanks for sharing

2003 Honda RC51

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode