Fallen Leaf Swarm: 11/07/10 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

Fallen Leaf Swarm: 11/07/10

The temperature was a balmy 34.7 degrees when I left the nest and headed to the Pilot Station. The usual suspects had already arrived and were trying to stay warm prior to departure. Our mission was to get out and head north taking in as much as the season would allow(this could be the last ride). A quick jaunt through Hunterdon County and had us up on the mountain at Merrill Creek Reservoir and then through the Brass Castle section of Harmony. One of my favorites is a quick sprint down Lomerson-Glen Road to CR 519. Our progress was slightly hampered by an sick 70's Mach 1 Mustang apparently with fuel issues since it died at the bottom of the slalom.

A quick trip through Belvidere and a run up Ramseyburg Road to Hope deposited us on the infamous "Shades of Death Road" with a momentary glimpse of Ghost Lake. Utilizing some connectors to SR 94 we engaged CR 614 which converts to West End Road. Near the end there is a down hill tighty-righty with no signage to alert the unsuspecting of the dangerous curve ahead. Fortunately, we were prepared and scrubbed off enough speed for a safe entry/exit.

CR 521 delivered the crew up to Bear Swamp where made our turn and took off for CR 617 which is probably the least known of the twisties in Sussex County. Back to the center of Hope, and then a return to Belvidere where we crossed the Delaware River in search of some vittles.

River Road provides some very nice "carousel" type of turns where you can flip your bike from side to side without crossing the double yellow and really get a flash of euphoria. We rolled into TK's Grill in Mt. Bethel at about 1:45pm famished and ready to feed the furnace. Our waitress was quite attentive and remarked that the weather was very "nippley" when we mentioned that we came into warm up. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. RMB, rob1100r, and John headed north to cross at Portland while zaq123 and I headed back to Belvidere and a spirited romp up Lomerson-Glen Road.

I arrived home just prior to nightfall with 150 miles on the clock. Outside of an errant pickup truck full of hay, the very ill Mach 1, and a State Trooper who tailed us for a few miles to see if we would turn up the wick; there were zero obstructions to curtail our progress. Thanks to all who turned out on a very cool autumn day. Good roads, good food, and good friends.

I think the Holiday Wish List will include some heated gear.

Doc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WT 1110 004 (Medium).jpg (109.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg WT 1110 005 (Medium).jpg (105.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg WT 1110 006 (Medium).jpg (124.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg WT 1110 007 (Medium).jpg (53.2 KB, 30 views)

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Looks like a fine crew. Glad you guys had a good ride and made it home safely. It was chilly and very windy here yesterday.

post #3 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
HamBone

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

It was a good jam! The wind held up till today thankfully...Until next time guys, enjoy

post #4 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Looks like a fine crew. Glad you guys had a good ride and made it home safely. It was chilly and very windy here yesterday.
Thanks. It was extremely brisk yesterday, especially at speed, but tolerable. As you know, the weather can be quite mercurial at this time of year and you never know when you will be able to get back out on the road. You got to take advantage of each and every opportunity that comes along. It could be a long hard winter for some of us.

Polar Bear Season has already started here in Jersey, but I normally do not venture out if it will remain below 40 degrees and there is a chance of any precipitation freezing on the road surface.

Doc

post #5 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

Hey Doc, do you have yesterday's route in Google Maps? That was a great ride, thanks again. We'll have to go back to see "nippley" again...

post #6 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Hey Doc, do you have yesterday's route in Google Maps? That was a great ride, thanks again. We'll have to go back to see "nippley" again...
That was my pleasure. Unfortunately that route is all in my head as I made multiple adjustments on the fly. I could probably type one up. John said he was "dropping breadcrumbs" with his Zumo. Check and see what he recorded. If you need a printout of turn by turn directions, let me know.

Let me know if you want return to TK's and see Ms. Nippley.

Doc

post #7 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
where is our new potential member??

post #8 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Hey rob1100r, talk to your boss & get him to sign up here so we get our 5.

post #9 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
pic #3 is just classic. John is looking at your ass while Rob and I are giggling about it. WTF??

post #10 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 03:51 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

I'll have to ask him if my Olympias make my butt look big...

post #11 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
HamBone

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
pic #3 is just classic. John is looking at your ass while Rob and I are giggling about it. WTF??
It could be taken that way....!

Quote:

That may be a while...John had to pick his wife up, a deer hit her in Chester, Xterra apparently not driveable, he's not too happy right now nor do I blame him...

post #12 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1100r View Post
It could be taken that way....!

Quote:

That may be a while...John had to pick his wife up, a deer hit her in Chester, Xterra apparently not driveable, he's not too happy right now nor do I blame him...
wow, hope everyone is alright. Didn't he just was telling a deer accident story during the lunch?

post #13 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

That sucks!, I think this is the second time a deer has run into her. The deer story @ lunch was one of the guys that works for him, same thing, der ran into him.

post #14 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

This should qualify for an official event just because it was COLD! We only passed 2 other bikes on the road, normally it would have been 200 if the temps were in the 60's or above.

post #15 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
This should qualify for an official event just because it was COLD! We only passed 2 other bikes on the road, normally it would have been 200 if the temps were in the 60's or above.
hahaha. no seriously, I agree. PM mods, they got to hook us up. Next Sunday is looking good, even better than this past one

post #16 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Next Sun. is the last one rob can ride, I'm going to talk to J and see if he can ride, I'll post up if we have something, I'll let you know. We were talking about headin' up north, it might be chilly, again....

post #17 of 24 Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Nobody was crazy enough to go out except us and don't tell me they were all down in Delaware at the Irish Eyes Pub on week #2 of the Polar Bear Grand Tour. Although it had to be warmer in the First State.

post #18 of 24 Old 11-09-2010, 03:58 AM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Next Sun. is the last one rob can ride, I'm going to talk to J and see if he can ride, I'll post up if we have something, I'll let you know. We were talking about headin' up north, it might be chilly, again....
I wish you guys were closer. I don't think I will be able take the whole day to myself this weekend. But you never know, keep me in the loop

post #19 of 24 Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
I wish you guys were closer. I don't think I will be able take the whole day to myself this weekend. But you never know, keep me in the loop

We may only have a few more Sundays left, you should treat yourself while you can...

post #20 of 24 Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Sunday's lookin' good, who's in?

post #21 of 24 Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 12

Looks like I'm sitting out again due to packing this time. On the bright side, I found a great 2BR co-op in Rego Park on Sunday. If all goes well and the financials check out, I should be signing a contract by sometime next week.

post #22 of 24 Old 11-11-2010, 05:43 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
Looks like I'm sitting out again due to packing this time. On the bright side, I found a great 2BR co-op in Rego Park on Sunday. If all goes well and the financials check out, I should be signing a contract by sometime next week.
Congrats! Good luck!

post #23 of 24 Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Sunday's lookin' good, who's in?
I'm good to go. Do you think we should move this back to:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/f101/nj...tml#post411526

post #24 of 24 Old 11-11-2010, 11:55 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

^^ That works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode