FALL SWARM: 10/11/15 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 10-14-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

FALL SWARM: 10/11/15

Well, another one is now in books as far as the NY, NJ, & PA thread is concerned; and boy was it the absolutely perfect day for it. The first five arrived at the Clinton Station Diner after braving the elements of 37 degrees and some heavy fog. After the morning sustenance, we rode to the Pilot Station up the street to top off the tanks and pick up another couple. That made five bikes with two pillions for the day. A little warm-up for the tires on the service road and some side streets and we were off and running north to catch some curves and color.

We had a little issue with some brain dead cagers in route, but they eventually turned off when we entered the good stuff. A spirited run down Lomerson Glen and onto CR 519 dropped us off at the scenic location of Mountain Lake in Warren County. Just it Lake Road fed us back to 519 and then up to Hope. We try to have a nice blend of scenery with twisties in order to keep the group together and at the top of Fredon Road we caught our first real glimpse of fall color on the horizon. A quick turn onto SR 94 gave us the treat of CR 614 and West End Road. Unfortunately, we were halted when we caught up to a group of American Iron that was directional challenged at the next few intersections which slightly impeded our progress. To be polite, we waited until we could take the opposite direction from the herd and returned back to our mission of “airing it out.”

Back onto CR 519 and across US 206 delivered us to Branchville and a quick dash up through country side to Deckertown Turnpike. Feeling a little hungry and needing a pit stop, we stopped at the Hainsville General Store for some vittles and snacks. This was a good time to kick back and enjoy the sunshine of the day. We agreed that a run up to Ellenville, NY was in order with a fuel stop on the way up. Some of the foliage in New York was just under peak on US 209, but we made it up the overlook just below where the hang gliders take off. The crew decided that an early dinner would be appropriate and we charted a course for Pub 517 in Green Township, NJ.

Utilizing all the best back roads at our disposal, we made it back into the Garden State and back onto CR 519. A momentary near miss on CR 610 that could have ended the day on a bad note was remedied with due caution and proper circumspection in the operation of our bikes as an elderly gentleman in his “grocery getter” tried to occupy the same space as us upon his ignoring a stop sign. As I pulled up alongside him and sounded my horn from the oncoming lane, he acted totally oblivious to my presence and continued to drive erratically in front of the rest of the group.

We survived that encounter and pulled up to the restaurant in short order without incident. Not having eaten since the diner that morning, we were indeed hungry and perused the menu looking for a good meal. Steak, lobster, clams, and snow crab seemed to fit our needs nicely. A fuel stop at the Shell Station down the street was required before we split up with most heading east on Interstate 80, while I continued down to Hackettstown, to RT 57, and then onto RT 31.

Thanks to everyone who joined in that day.

In attendance:
Sckill & Abby
zaq123
Silver duck
fjrrider08
chrissy.9556
STDocLizard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1550.jpg (272.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 1551.jpg (316.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 1554.jpg (255.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 1556.jpg (241.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 1557.jpg (190.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 442.jpg (159.4 KB, 52 views)

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-14-2015, 03:20 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I had a feeling, when I heard mention of T bones and lobsters, that you guys wound up at the Pub! Sorry I missed it, it was a beautiful day to ride!

post #3 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

It was unfortunate that your schedule conflicted with the ride, but we hope you can get out with us next time.

All the best,

Doc

post #4 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 04:46 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

It's also unfortunate that my geographic predisposition leads to me being way the heck out here. Sounds like a great ride!

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Nice report. A little more flash on the waitress next time. Haha.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #6 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Nice report. A little more flash on the waitress next time. Haha.
You want "cheesecake" instead of Lobster? I got your cheesecake right here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrist Twisters 071413 010.jpg (211.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg TK.jpg (7.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg TK2.jpg (70.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg TK3.jpg (125.0 KB, 25 views)

post #7 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 02:49 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

Fantastic!

post #8 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 08:04 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I had lobster once. Over priced piece of tasteless rubber. Not supposed to eat that putrid crap off the bottom of the ocean, anyway.

post #9 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 04:30 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I had lobster once. Over priced piece of tasteless rubber. Not supposed to eat that putrid crap off the bottom of the ocean, anyway.
Then you had bad lobster.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #10 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Then you should stick to VanCamp’s Pork and Beans and "desperation pie" washed down with a bottle of "pop."

Just a suggestion/nothing more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode