FALL FOLIAGE SWARM: 10/19/14 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

FALL FOLIAGE SWARM: 10/19/14

It's been a busy year for the Tri-State contingent and we were lucky to get this one in before the weather breaks for the worst. It was a windy morning with the sun playing hide-n-seek during the course of the day, but we managed to get in a good run nevertheless. Assembly at the Pilot drew 5 bikes and one pillion that decided to brave the elements. We departed in an orderly fashion and made a beeline for the Belvidere Bridge to provide free passage and an escape from the Garden State. A quick circumnavigation of the "carousel" on River Road gave us a chance to ride up Delaware River Drive in Pennsylvania to the Gap.

From there, we entered the Delaware River Recreation Area at Interstate 80. The park provides a fantastic route through the woodlands with all of the Fall Foliage in it's magnificent splendor. It can be a "crap shoot" as there is always the chance of encountering some leaf peepers that have never seen a squirrel and slow down to a crawl to get a snapshot, but you take your chances. We were not to be denied that day as the only impediment was some piles of gravel left in strategic areas which kept us awake. FUN!

Milford Road offered some twisties with only a few errant pokeys which either peeled off, pulled over, or were dispatched with a judicious twist of the wrist. The crew pulled into Mt. Haven Resort famished and ready for breakfast after almost two hours on the road. This establishment offers the best Brunch in Pike County and everyone was happy with the choice. You just have to be patient......recon the offerings.......order your omelet..... and graze.

After breakfast, we headed down to Milford and crossed back into the Garden State. The local county routes dropped us off at Stokes State Forest and ran us through Sussex and Warren Counties. The Pumpkin House on CR 636, CR 519, CR 521 brought us to West End Road where we were able to really air it out and enjoy carving some curves on CR 614. Shades of Death Road, Ghost Lake, & Mountain Lake provided some great scenery and dropped us at the Quick Check on SR 46 for fuel and a snack.

My plan was to get everyone home at a reasonable hour considering the shorter days. After plenty of conversation, we split up with deandeib heading out early for SE Pa. and Sckill & Abby backtracking to Interstate 80. The remaining three headed south through Hunterdon County to link up with Interstate 78. It was a great day and, as always, I appreciate the support.

I returned home well before nightfall with 160 miles on the clock.

Thanks to all for coming out and a hearty welcome to Mazaev .

In attendance:

Sckill & Abby
deandeib
zaq123
Mazaev
ST-DocLizard1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WT 101914 001.jpg (278.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg WT 101914 003.jpg (403.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg WT 101914 006.jpg (348.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg WT 101914 007.jpg (260.1 KB, 32 views)

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 02:17 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Sounds like a nice run! Wish I could have made it.... Awards for all!

post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Sounds like a nice run! Wish I could have made it.... Awards for all!
OK Rick...next time ??? Haven't seen you in a while, hope all is well. And it was indeed another great ride, too bad you missed it. Nice DOCumentation DOC, as usual. Now, just trying to squeeze out as many remaining riding days as possible until the snowflakes start falling.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 04:37 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandeib View Post
OK Rick...next time ??? Haven't seen you in a while, hope all is well. And it was indeed another great ride, too bad you missed it. Nice DOCumentation DOC, as usual. Now, just trying to squeeze out as many remaining riding days as possible until the snowflakes start falling.
Believe me, I would have loved to be there... I'm in the middle of rebuilding my deck and it's going a little slower than anticipated... Need to get it done before the snow flies...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode