Anyone in the Los Angeles area? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Anyone in the Los Angeles area?

I'll be heading out to Malaysia soon for a week with Advocatt and the GP. I will be flying to LA first for a day before I leave for Malaysia. I will land at LAX around 3:00 pm on Monday Oct 19th. I will be in the area for one night and the entire next day as my flight to KL does not leave until 1:15 am on Oct 21st. I have some loose plans involving some sight seeing and visiting some bike shops, but otherwise I am open to anything.

On my list is Griffith Observatory. Have the fires affected this in any way?

What else is a must see. I have been to LA before and have seen a few things, but was hoping for some local guidance.

I have a standing invitation for drinks for any local members who have a spare hour or so.

On my return to the US from Malaysia I will be in the area for 2 days, but I will be heading out to Death Valley for some hiking and exploration.

Hope to meet a few of you guys.

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Damn... Nobody in the LA area? Anyone who knows the area have some must sees? With all the fires, land slides, road closings etc., I don't want to waste my time driving all the way across the city to find out what I'm looking for has burned to the ground or slid into the ocean.

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
post #3 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Immune

sorry man I must have missed your first post, Griffith observatory is still standing , but I don't know if they are open for visitors. I think they were only doing group visits even before the fire. I'll try to find out more info and let you know. I am not going to be in town on the 19th and 20th.
but I will be around when you get back from Malaysia. so if you like I can hook you up with a bike on show you a few places, that is if you don't mind riding in LA's traffic. let me know what interests you most, we have the beach and the ocean , mountains and canyons, all the usual tourist spots , and of course the desert. I can even set you up with a dirt bike if you like to do some off road sight seeing. have a safe trip and enjoy the race you lucky man.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantelhonda View Post
sorry man I must have missed your first post, Griffith observatory is still standing , but I don't know if they are open for visitors. I think they were only doing group visits even before the fire. I'll try to find out more info and let you know. I am not going to be in town on the 19th and 20th.
but I will be around when you get back from Malaysia. so if you like I can hook you up with a bike on show you a few places, that is if you don't mind riding in LA's traffic. let me know what interests you most, we have the beach and the ocean , mountains and canyons, all the usual tourist spots , and of course the desert. I can even set you up with a dirt bike if you like to do some off road sight seeing. have a safe trip and enjoy the race you lucky man.
Thanks I'll check into Griffith to be sure. I would hate to drive up there and be turned away.

I'll be returning on the 27th at around 8:00pm. I was planning on hiking in Death Valley, but if there is bike riding to do I can be persuaded to change my plans. :001_smile:

I have been out there before on my bike and "experienced" the hellish traffic in and around LA, it isn't on the top of my list of places to ride, but once I got out of the main areas the roads were heaven. I'm pretty much up for anything. Even if I can't hook up with you for a ride, I still like to meet other WT members when I can. I'll have the night of the 30th back in LA as well if you want to hook up for a beer or whatever.

post #5 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehren2800 View Post
Thanks I'll check into Griffith to be sure. I would hate to drive up there and be turned away.

I'll be returning on the 27th at around 8:00pm. I was planning on hiking in Death Valley, but if there is bike riding to do I can be persuaded to change my plans. :001_smile:

I have been out there before on my bike and "experienced" the hellish traffic in and around LA, it isn't on the top of my list of places to ride, but once I got out of the main areas the roads were heaven. I'm pretty much up for anything. Even if I can't hook up with you for a ride, I still like to meet other WT members when I can. I'll have the night of the 30th back in LA as well if you want to hook up for a beer or whatever.
Sure, always happy to meet other WT members, I'll PM you my cell # , give me a call when you get in town.

post #6 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I might be pounded for even mentioning this, but I always liked to stop by West Coast Choppers - Well worth the trip, in Long Beach, easy to find and the man has some awesome toys.

Even met him once, he was a lot shorter than I expected.

He even signed a shirt for me.

post #7 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

And it is so easy to find -

718 W Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA‎ - (562) 983-6666‎

Take the 405 to the 710 to Anaheim and then it is a couple blocks on the right, park in back.

Monster Car Garage is behind and to the east - you'll see it when you park, can not miss it.

I like LA

Visiting, that is.....

Huntington beach has some really nice "sites" if you know what I mean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WCC.JPG (67.8 KB, 12 views)

post #8 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJM View Post
I might be pounded for even mentioning this, but I always liked to stop by West Coast Choppers - Well worth the trip, in Long Beach, easy to find and the man has some awesome toys.

man he is needs to spend a month or two here to even scratch the surface. this is a really cool place if you are in to vintage cars
The Museum
and it not too far. ( any thing in a 50 miles radius is considered close by in LA )

post #9 of 9 Old 10-13-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Sure, always happy to meet other WT members, I'll PM you my cell # , give me a call when you get in town.
Got it, thanks. I'll give you a ring when I return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJM View Post

Not a fan of the type of bike he builds, but the guy is definitely skilled and builds some wicked stuff. He is kind of short. I might make a trip down there if I decide to drive to Rancho Palos Verdes to check out the Pacific Views. Thanks.

Quote:
man he is needs to spend a month or two here to even scratch the surface. this is a really cool place if you are in to vintage cars
The Museum
and it not too far. ( any thing in a 50 miles radius is considered close by in LA )
I'll add it to my list. Looks cool. I wish I had a month or 2 to spend, but I'll take what I can get right now. I think I'll be spending half of this vacation on planes....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode