Doing things the hard way
Join Date: Oct 2010
Rep Power: 1
Enjoy your trip!
I did 3500 miles in 8 days on the 9 last week. I was well equipped, but this is what was actually helpful:
- Sargent seat. Not as comfy as some others, but better than stock (and looks great).
- Airhawk 2.
- Throttle lock. I have a right shoulder that bothers me sometimes, so that helped take the pressure off.
- GPS (iPhone with Navigon in my case) with all key landmarks saved.
- Rags, plexus and chain lube
- Duct tape (Patching rain covers, and a few jury rigs)
- Rain gear, including waterproof gloves and boots or covers
- Cargo net (drying the sneakers you should not have worn, and the gloves you got caught in the rain with)
What I wish I had brought:
- More hex keys. The one in my toolkit did not help to readjust my headlight and Rizoma mirror
- Flat rigid something for souvenirs like stickers, postcards, patches, maps etc...
- Earplugs for sharing rooms with snorers and the occasional highway headache.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai