What Is This About? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 07-06-2006, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

What Is This About?

Hi People,

After reading about the many mis-haps that keep happening, I humbly asked Jetblast if we can have a Safety Section on the forum. A place where we can cover things that can / have / or might go wrong while riding.

I feel we can use this to address safety issues, concerns and suggestions and I will work on getting together articles to help promote safety while riding.

Hopefully, we will all find reason to submit comments on here.

Let the fun begin! THANKS JETBLAST!

WIM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

* Make sure your fairing stay is securely tightened before doing your highchair stoppies...

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #3 of 8 Old 07-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
As Sporty learned, make sure to check steering head bearings after repeated wheelies.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"

post #4 of 8 Old 07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
xmatt2strokex

It's NEVER a bad idea to give your bike a complete look-over b/f you go out riding it. Always remember that your bike is NOT like your car. Each system is completely vital for the thing to run, and finding out on the highway that it's not completely functional is not a good place. I speak from experience on this. Just my .02

m.

post #5 of 8 Old 07-07-2006, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
The "Eagle" Has Landed

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

We are off to a great start!

Thanks for all the submissions! Keep 'em coming!

post #6 of 8 Old 07-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

After hard rains is when you find gravel washed out of driveways. Always seems to be in a corner.

Dark visors suck after sundown. I always wear clear glasses underneath, so I can ride shield up if needed, or at least have them with you. Helps if you get overcome with bugs also.

If you're going solo twisty, which I do a lot, tell someone your intended route. I have a GPS enabled phone. If I ever end up missing the wife can see where I am. Lot's of people have run off and not been found for a long time. [disregard if you're "up to no good."

I posted somewhere else about group riding, so I won't cover that again here.

Ride sober.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #7 of 8 Old 07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Hornet Grandpa!

Never ride with "tie" shoes where the lace loops are long enough to slip over your gear shifter! Makes it hard to put your left foot down and you may not have time to shift weight to your right! Makes for a a very graceless drop, kind of like the tricycle and the German in the old "Laugh-in" TV shows.

post #8 of 8 Old 07-08-2006, 10:55 AM
xmatt2strokex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim
After hard rains is when you find gravel washed out of driveways. Always seems to be in a corner.

Dark visors suck after sundown. I always wear clear glasses underneath, so I can ride shield up if needed, or at least have them with you. Helps if you get overcome with bugs also.

If you're going solo twisty, which I do a lot, tell someone your intended route. I have a GPS enabled phone. If I ever end up missing the wife can see where I am. Lot's of people have run off and not been found for a long time. [disregard if you're "up to no good."

I posted somewhere else about group riding, so I won't cover that again here.

Ride sober.
One thing I like about the scorpion helmet I have is that it has a VERY simple visor changing system, and the phoenix jacket I have even has a pocket on the inside to store extra visors. When it gets dark, all I have to do is pull over, pull out the clear one, throw it on, and toss the dark one in the pocket. Takes about a grand total of 10 minutes.

m.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode