Stupid B***ch - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Stupid B***ch

I needed to blow off a little steam today after my commute to school and back.
i had my first close call of this riding season and it was all because of a stupid blonde gal on her cell phone. i was driving to school in the left lane and there was a good amount of traffic. so there i was driving along with the rest of the cattle down the road with this little gal on her cell phone chatting with her OMG little girlfriend. as i was driving i glanced down at my speedo and noticed out of my Peripheral that the gal was coming into my lane. i look over at her and she didnt even check me mirror or blind spot. I was riding on the right portion of my lane so i was about two to three feet away from her when i saw her coming, i then banked left as hard as i could to avoid her hitting me. while i was banking i wasnt able to hit my horn but i was able to get my finger up and let her know i didnt appreciate her stupidity. she then swerved back into her lane and didnt say sorry or anything she kept looking forward and was acting as if the whole thing didnt happen. and then not five miles down the road one of the bolts on my shifter came loose and the shifter started dangling... sorry about the rant and rave but i needed to blow some steam off. so ride safely and avoid blondes on cell phones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Gran Tirono

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I hate idiots on cellphones.

Hopefully that'll be your last close call of the season!

post #3 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Tirone

And shifter maintenance.

post #4 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Pilus Posterior

Yeah but was she hot?

post #5 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Yeah but was she hot?
is there a positive exponential relationship between being dumb and hot?

if so she's an 11 outta 10.

post #6 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by veEnom View Post
is there a positive exponential relationship between being dumb and hot?

if so she's an 11 outta 10.
Not that I'm aware of, but if some fool is going to cut me off I'd rather that she was an absolute stunner than a ugly boat anchor.

After all she may want to come and hand feed you grapes while you recover in hospital and that boat anchor could tip the bed up causing you more damage.

post #7 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Tirone

Well good thing you kept your cool and paid attention to react properly. This kind of thing happens to me at least once a week. I've got about an hour commute to campus myself and I dare the say the most dangerous time for me on the bike is anywhere within 3 miles of the campus. Lots of kids who haven't been driving very long in the first place.

post #8 of 29 Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Tirone shoelaces

Sweet young things with the God blessed cell phone glued to their left ear.

Yup, been there, done that!

They seem to mind the Stebel air horn a lot better than they did the OEM unit.

post #9 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Not that I'm aware of, but if some fool is going to cut me off I'd rather that she was an absolute stunner than a ugly boat anchor.

After all she may want to come and hand feed you grapes while you recover in hospital and that boat anchor could tip the bed up causing you more damage.
ahahaha i agree with u on this one...although i reckon a hot girl would frustrate me even more, the fact that she was hot but DUMB! i like my girls with a little common sense. but i see where your going with the boat anchor though.

on a seperate note, its a good thing your ok redneck.

post #10 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Why not?

Thanks for letting me rant, i know that it happens to us all and that it will probably happen several more times this season.
to answer the question about hotness she was very good looking till she decided that my lane was officially hers (you know the typical woman thing), after that she wasnt very attractive.

post #11 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Why not?

Quote:

i would rather have the boat a anchor and that is because if she as hot and feeding me grapes she would also be on her cell phone. as she was talking she wouldnt be paying attention to me and would cause me to choke and die from grape asphyxiation ...

post #12 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Princeps Prior

I was once being stupid and riding in the right side of my lane with a guy behind me. He was being impatient and before I knew what was happening, he passed me in my lane.....hitting my elbow with his mirror in the process.

I don't think I've ever been that mad on the road since!

Sent from my turbo charged iPhone using Tapatalk

post #13 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:16 AM
Princeps Prior

It's harder to do in heavy traffic......I never ride in the kill zone. I'm either behind a car (that's in the lane beside me) or I speed up and ride the bumper of the car in front of me.....so the person next to me can obviously see me. If I'm in heavy traffic, I'll ride in the right side of the left most lane so I only have one lane of kill zone to deal with.

Ride like you're invisible.

Sent from my turbo charged iPhone using Tapatalk

post #14 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I wasn't riding at the time, but was still invisible, and apparently on mute. On the slab with my wife and chatty cathy on her cell starts drifting into my front left fender. I lay on the horn....and get nothing. not even a glimpse. Starts drifting again and I again lay on the horn and nothing. I speed up so I am just in front giving her the look out my window. Completely oblivious. If these morons can't hear or see an ACTUAL CAR HORN or the giant red SUV it's connected to, good luck on a bike.

Stay safe, they are all trying to kill you!

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #15 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 AM
yzarc mi os

at least the hot chick saw gave the lane back grandma put 3 inches between me an the k rail an 2 between me an her last year and precede to curse me an give me the finger. I called the police an gave her plate they said they just a ha a call from an elderly lay claiming I tried to pass her an muscle her out of the left lane by squeezing between her and the center dived. they wanted to ticket me. I should have not help back the urge to kick her PT cruiser or bust her window with my kevlar an carbon wrapped fist I sure was plenty close enough.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #16 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:52 AM
yzarc mi os

you ain't kidding fly they on't notice the wall off van I drive when needing to carry more then 2 either. HOw do you not notice a full size van it occupies the space in front behind and next to your ecobox and some of the space next to the to ecoboxes in front and behind you. but still people come over on it. one day i'm just going to let them bounce of the damn thing.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #17 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Brain stolen again?

Riding in the passenger seat of our mini-turd yesterday, out of nowhere(seemingly) I told my wife "The girl in the Blue BMW is going to try and get in your lane." She did, but stopped and my wife wondered how I knew.

Rant acknowledged, accepted and processed, Red. Good to have you here today!!!!!!!!!!

I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #18 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Gets censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTraffic View Post
They seem to mind the Stebel air horn a lot better than they did the OEM unit.
+1 this thing is a BLAST (and a safety upgrade) it will be on any bike I own from now on thats how strongly I feel about it!

post #19 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
HOw do you not notice a full size van it occupies the space in front behind and next to your ecobox and some of the space next to the to ecoboxes in front and behind you.
I say the same thing about idiots who run into police cars with their red lights on....wtf are they looking at?

post #20 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Tirone shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
.... I told my wife "The girl in the Blue BMW is going to try and get in your lane."....
Yes - it's amazing how much better I am at predicting behavior since I got back on the bike.

A little better than half the time I can "see" lane changes or stupid behavior before it happens.

Pay attention and trust your intuition!

post #21 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I know that ive ranted about this subject a few time, myself. Ive posted up a couple stories. Last year, it was a stupid woman who cut me off in a traffic circle...i took off her side mirror for her. There was another time (or three) that i punched the car's window to get a drivers attention. I always like that one...the look ftom the driver is comical! Its even better if you can punch the windoe and flip the bird at the same moment.

There have been a few cars that got kicked as well, and taillight that got busted out by my boot that was memorable. Its nothing personal, they are trying to kill me through inattention, and im trying to stay alive and un-crashed!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #22 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Carp Killer

Glad you're ok. I hate stuff like that too. Mixed blessing, here in BC it's now illegal to talk on your phone while driving. As far as I'm concerned it's not really a problem for the non-morons but whatever.

post #23 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
+1 this thing is a BLAST (and a safety upgrade) it will be on any bike I own from now on thats how strongly I feel about it!
got mine too, just waiting to install it. cant wait to scare stupid cagers.

post #24 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
Glad you're ok. I hate stuff like that too. Mixed blessing, here in BC it's now illegal to talk on your phone while driving. As far as I'm concerned it's not really a problem for the non-morons but whatever.
Illegal in Cali also, but that doesn't stop a whole bunch of turds from doing it.

I see them ALL THE TIME!

I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #25 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastrex View Post
I say the same thing about idiots who run into police cars with their red lights on....wtf are they looking at?
Its like the blue light and bugs, i think that they are attracted to them.

post #26 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

My buddy just kicked someone's door yesterday while riding. Aye aye aye.

Safe riding, all.

post #27 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Gran Tirono

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Hmmm, guess I know what thread I'll be looking for next. Should probably do the wife's 929 as well

post #28 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
I like mine so much, one of these days I'm going to install them in the cars too! If you're not ready for it, you may pee yourself...

post #29 of 29 Old 03-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Canyon Junkie

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Glad you're ok!! I'm still waiting to have to use my Stebel this season--but I'm sure it's coming! Dave

Are we having fun yet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode