Rage / Drunk Cagers - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 30 Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Rage / Drunk Cagers

Today I saw two blatant road rage incidents. Fortunately neither were on bikes.

A guy in a convertible apparently after cutting another off was being tailgated with horn blaring forever...

A truck driver ran a stop sign in front of ROW me, I slammed on the brakes to avoid him, then the guy backs up and started following me. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take him to LEO.

Take it easy out there! Clueless cagers are edgy, drunk and want to make you the star of their problems.

Ride defensively and don't feed the wildlife!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I seems like the Holidays always bring out the best in people. Why is it that driving ability decreases with monetary units.

If Holidays are supposed to be good then why does everyone stress out so much?

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #3 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
I seems like the Holidays always bring out the best in people. Why is it that driving ability decreases with monetary units.

If Holidays are supposed to be good then why does everyone stress out so much?

amen.. mercedes, jaguar, bmw..etc... always the worst drivers.. it has something to do with being wealthy enough to afford the car they get the sense of intitlement and expect everyone else to get out of their way or to defer to them somehow.......

except when i had my mercedes's i was a natural and courteous driver...

and its odd.. when i am in my truck i let stuff slide.... i guess the airbags and seatbelts i know if the other guy does something stupid and we crash it's all gonna be ok... but on my bike i get a bit more testy...

post #4 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Tire abuser

Around here, there seems to be a belief that if you own a BMW, you are some kind of super racecar driver who doesn't need to signal their turns or slow down at intersections.

I have come pretty close to becoming an ornament on a kidney-shaped grill way too many times. There are bad drivers behind the wheel of almost every type of vehicle, but the people with really expensive cars do seem exceptionally crappy. Maybe they are just more conspicious.

Stay safe during American Thanksgiving, my American friends. Holidays are always scary.

post #5 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Today I was driving my Z71 to work in the right lane going 60MPH (in a 55 zone) and a pickup comes up behind riding my tail for a bit, then moves over to the middle lane honking as he passed.
It was medium to heavy traffic and I suppose he felt I was holding him up! Ok, if I was in the center or left lane, I suppose he might have cause, but the RIGHT lane?!

I plan to die young, as late as possible.
post #6 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 10:58 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi_gray View Post
Today I was driving my Z71 to work in the right lane going 60MPH (in a 55 zone) and a pickup comes up behind riding my tail for a bit, then moves over to the middle lane honking as he passed.
It was medium to heavy traffic and I suppose he felt I was holding him up! Ok, if I was in the center or left lane, I suppose he might have cause, but the RIGHT lane?!
We have a plant in Elk Grove (chicago area) so I'm in that area quite a bit. The only thing worse that the driver(s) trying to fly through traffic are the folks driving 10 under in the fast lanes. I've had a few times where a slower driver was in one of the faster lanes going slow. People blow by her (or him, just happened to be a woman last time) then she realizes she needs to move over. That's fine except she didn't look or signal first and almost sideswiped a van full of kids. Jerking back to the left she almost took out a small truck. Pay attention or get off the road. I was about ready to make her old oldsmobile station wagon a hood ornament on our F350. Also, I think some people need to understand that iPass is the greatest accomplishment in Chicago transportation in decades.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #7 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 11:02 AM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Hey, I'm me and I'm special ... I can drive anywhere I want, at anytime, at any speed!

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #8 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase

Cagers now appear extra dumb, more than willing to cash in all their and more importantly YOUR chips. So please be very careful not to provoke them (no horn, hand, yelling, following, etc.) Don't waste your effort volunteering "driving lessons" since they will never learn. If a crazed cager attempts further provocation write their plateID/description and report them to LEO, which may save someone!

post #9 of 30 Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Hey, I'm me and I'm special ... I can drive anywhere I want, at anytime, at any speed!
sooooo...... how much is the deductable to get your passenger mirror put back on????

post #10 of 30 Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 PM
S/V Buddy

"Don't feed the wildlife" Good advice!

post #11 of 30 Old 12-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Honda gives you wiiings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
Today I saw two blatant road rage incidents. Fortunately neither were on bikes.

A guy in a convertible apparently after cutting another off was being tailgated with horn blaring forever...

A truck driver ran a stop sign in front of ROW me, I slammed on the brakes to avoid him, then the guy backs up and started following me. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take him to LEO.

Take it easy out there! Clueless cagers are edgy, drunk and want to make you the star of their problems.

road rage sucks and ive been in the passenger seat for quite a few incidents with out accidents of it... i always put myself in the shoes of the person its getting taken out on and i hate it... i have to agree tho its usually someone in a highend car or SUV acting as if your a peon in their way of all the stuff on their busy schedule... ive learned what to look for and keep an eye on the rear view and just get out of the way... big suvs or anyone in the left lane coming up hot... ANYONE driving while on a cell phone... and anyone that looks like their doing paperwork, shaving, eating, or having a conference call while driving(even if using a hands free device) you cant always avoid it but if you watch out for them atleast its not you becoming a hood ornament... the honking at red lights and such you can only avoid by lane splitting which is not really safe and in most states illegal but ill take a ticket over a toe tag any day... "its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"... author unknown

post #12 of 30 Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Iron Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
Almost had to learn this the hardest way....

I'm riding my newly acquired 919 to my in-laws house this Fall when I happen upon a lifted Cummins pickup. On a 35mph road I was slightly annoyed to find the truck traveling at 25mph in front of me. It also didn't help that this particular stretch of road is quite twisty and newly paved. After a short while I realize that the driver is messing with me. Every so often he slows way down while looking in his mirrors. I double check myself to make sure I'm not tailing the guy. He continues with his games until the road splits into two lanes. I decide not to test the guy so I smoothly switch lanes only to be cut off. Now I'm pissed. I downshift and slip by him other side before he has a chance to check his mirrors again (gotta love the torque of the 9'er...).

As soon as I pass him I keep the throttle open long enough to get a turn or two ahead of the guy. A few minutes later I see him right on my tail again, and I mean RIGHT on my tail. Now I realize this guy is nuts so I decide to signal and turn off the road. As soon as I slow down (with him literally a bike length behind me) I realize that he is stopping behind me too. I turn off the road only to have him follow me (you guessed it... right on my tail). I really don't want to have to play hardball with a truck 15 times my weight so I open it up. His truck soon drifts behind and I continue on to my in-laws.

In a bad mood, I pull up to my in-laws to see my amazing wife waiting with her riding gear. She wants to go on a quick ride before dark. As we exit the neighborhood toward the canyon, who is behind me? The same pickup is RIGHT on my tail again. With my wife on the back, this has suddenly lost any chance of being funny. I try not to taunt him. Soon he comes whizzing by me on the right side with his hand on the horn forcing my bike in between on coming traffic and his truck with inches to spare. I really thought my oberon mirrors were going to be mowed off by the oncoming fleet of cars. I would have probably ended up in prison that night had my wife not been on the bike. I really could have killed him. So, VERY long story, but I agree... "Don't feed the wildlife"! It's not worth it.

"Show up, shut up, and keep up." - My Grandpa
post #13 of 30 Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econhonda View Post
Almost had to learn this the hardest way....

I would have probably ended up in prison that night had my wife not been on the bike. I really could have killed him. So, VERY long story, but I agree... "Don't feed the wildlife"! It's not worth it.
you are a much calmer man than i am... i respect that...

post #14 of 30 Old 02-01-2009, 08:25 AM
No mo' 919

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 

Sooo... I'm splitting lanes on my way to get some parts for the bike, cages are making unsafe lane changes without signaling. About half a mile from my exit, traffic slowed to a crawl and things got a little crazy, so I sped up and got off the freeway. I made my stop at a red light and started watching my mirrors. A rice-burner comes rushing behind me, so I get ready to run the light (he was 30-40 yards back when I spotted him). I wait for him to get close and looks like he has an issue and wants to scare me. So I roll forward into the crosswalk and he inches up right behind me. WTF? I kick the stand down and walk up to his window, ready to pull him through and have a "talk" with him. He's too fat to pull through so I get ready to kick his face in.
I yell at him asking what his problem is; says something about almost hitting his front fender as I went by lanesplitting. I tell the guy that I'm out for a ride and not to kill myself. He said the way I was riding didn't look too safe to him. By then the light had turned green and cages were flying by, so I asked him if he was "over it" or if he wanted to continue the "discussion".
He looked like he was already done with his road rage attack and I had a lot of work to do on my bike.
He said he was fine, so I jumped on the bike and continued on to the dealer.
Oh, and I gave him a peace sign as he was rolling by when I made a right turn...

post #15 of 30 Old 02-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

nice.... gotta love the "twinkie" rice cages.... you know the ones with the fluffy filling...

post #16 of 30 Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
nice.... gotta love the "twinkie" rice cages.... you know the ones with the fluffy filling...
Fluffy, Chunky Filling

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #17 of 30 Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Milites Gregarius

Out here in Northern Colorado, its the worst. In Loveland, its pretty much a retirement community so there are old people EVERYWHERE! you know what that means. On Eisenhower(highway 34) people love to drive 10-15 miles under the speed limit. This makes it fun with a bike but when Im in my 4 cyl jeep, i dont have nearly the power so I have to sit behind people all f*ing day. They just passed a law to ticket drivers in the left hand lane who are holding up traffic more than 4 cars. People are just idiots these days.

post #18 of 30 Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black919Rider View Post
Out here in Northern Colorado, its the worst. In Loveland, its pretty much a retirement community so there are old people EVERYWHERE! you know what that means. On Eisenhower(highway 34) people love to drive 10-15 miles under the speed limit. This makes it fun with a bike but when Im in my 4 cyl jeep, i dont have nearly the power so I have to sit behind people all f*ing day. They just passed a law to ticket drivers in the left hand lane who are holding up traffic more than 4 cars. People are just idiots these days.
Oh do I miss Illinois minimum speed limit laws. 55 mph speed limit; 45 mph minimum. Wish that were out here in Cali.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #19 of 30 Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase

My beef is the soccer mom in a land yatch talking on the cell. I nearly got creamed on I-20 a few months back. Also the farmers with their duelly 1 ton pick-ups flying down weavey country roads. They hell bent to get to the coffee shop and talk farming.

[
post #20 of 30 Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
It's like... ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacojerte View Post
amen.. mercedes, jaguar, bmw..etc... always the worst drivers..
Generalizing about specific cars is almost as bad as generalizing that all motorcycle drivers are idiots. I am a BMW driver, and I know a lot of the local BMW guys, and I can't say a single one of them is a particularly bad driver, or not motorcycle-aware. Hell, well over half of them ride, too.

[insert overly political message here]
post #21 of 30 Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
Generalizing about specific cars is almost as bad as generalizing that all motorcycle drivers are idiots. I am a BMW driver, and I know a lot of the local BMW guys, and I can't say a single one of them is a particularly bad driver, or not motorcycle-aware. Hell, well over half of them ride, too.
I don't know about your area, but in my area the folks that drive the classic BMW's are pretty cool overall, but the majority of the folks driving the new BMW's are primarily A-HOLES. I don't know any folks into classic Merc's or Jag's, but it might be the same thing.

post #22 of 30 Old 12-03-2009, 09:07 PM
It's like... ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I don't know about your area, but in my area the folks that drive the classic BMW's are pretty cool overall, but the majority of the folks driving the new BMW's are primarily A-HOLES. I don't know any folks into classic Merc's or Jag's, but it might be the same thing.
From what I've seen, the 'enthusiasts' are good drivers, the 'drivers' suck, regardless of the age of the car. Of course, I've found this to be true with ALMOST every make of car, so take it with a grain of salt.

[insert overly political message here]
post #23 of 30 Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Milites Gregarius

people talk all the time about aggressive driving, i think the term now is "adjustive' driving...i can't stand drivers who assume those around them will just "adjust" to their needs....I feel that is more of a problem these days and just as dangerous.

like, the people merging but don't adjust their speed, or do a quick brake tap to create a gap and just put a blinker on-

like, the ones pulling out of a parking lot fast, spot you-but are too embarrassed to dip their brakes, so cut in front of you instead

like, the car pulling out of the parking space, can't see cause there's an SUV next to him ,...then sees you, but says "oh what the heck, he'll stop" and keeps going

like, those who are lost, and roll at 5mph, instead of just admitting they are lost, and moving to the next intersection

like, anyone on their cellphone moving at a crawl

like, those people who tailgate you even though there is nothing you can do cause traffic is a standstill

it's amazing how some people just suck at driving. you can argue with them but they just don't understand it.

post #24 of 30 Old 12-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Unbannable

That's why I drive with an ankle holster and my pant leg up.

If someone threatens you with a vehical that's a deadly weapon so you can respond in kind.

I know of a few forclosed homes on my street. If someone follows me I'd pull into one of those driveways so they won't know where I live, then I'd get out and be ready to draw on him if he approched me.

That's the plan anyway.

post #25 of 30 Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post

If someone threatens you with a vehical that's a deadly weapon so you can respond in kind.

I know of a few forclosed homes on my street. If someone follows me I'd pull into one of those driveways so they won't know where I live, then I'd get out and be ready to draw on him if he approched me.

That's the plan anyway.

post #26 of 30 Old 12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Sike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post

That's the plan anyway.
Medication is your friend. Now, don't hide it under your tongue and spit it out later, or way back in between your gums and cheek. Just go ahead and swallow it. Everything will seem better after a few dosages.....

post #27 of 30 Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacojerte View Post
amen.. mercedes, jaguar, bmw..etc... always the worst drivers.. it has something to do with being wealthy enough to afford the car they get the sense of intitlement and expect everyone else to get out of their way or to defer to them somehow.......
I completely agree, I work for a mercedes dealer and it's not just this time of year, the owners can't drive at any time of the year. Funny, the cars have so much technology in them to help and yet it'll never work for most benz drivers, either that or it's broke which wouldn't be new news by any means.

04 Honda 919
00 Honda Shadow ACE
post #28 of 30 Old 12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Tirone

I saw a dude in a full size pickup truck actually bump a kid in a Honda Accord, NASCAR style, while going down the interstate at at least 75 MPH. I'm estimating the speed, but they blew passed me just before it happened and I was doing 65. I have no idea how the kid saved it, but he fishtailed all over the highway until he got it under control. The fucker in the truck then blew by him and never looked back, just like nothing happened. Crazy bastard.

post #29 of 30 Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Tirone

Interesting....

Seems the "road rage" stories come from states that think guns are bad and pencils misspell words...

Hell, around here it is common courtesy to move to the shoulder of the road without slowing and let the faster pickup behind go by... you wave, they wave..all is good (and both are most likely packing heat)... It's a Texas thing.

This happens all the time I'm out on the bike... It's just understood. The only jackasses that don't get it usually have plates from other states... so we give 'em a pass.

post #30 of 30 Old 12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Survivor/Broken&Busted

Awards Showcase
Community Service Veteran 

I wish it was legal here in looziana to get over to the shoulder of the road to let ppl pass ya :\ ... hell i wish we had yaw's damn speed limits too .... lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode