Price of Admission (POA) - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,109
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Price of Admission (POA)

)Pledge to always wear ATGATT, no matter how short the ride or how hot

)Always carry enough medical insurance to repair yourself, no matter what happens without those bills being a financial hardship to your Family

)Take Advanced MSF safety and refresher courses

)Maintain your bike in excellent order (tires, grips, brakes...)

If you can't ante these common sense POAs, please stay on the porch!

dream is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
RC51_CBRXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,498
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Good point dream...

I don't make my living from riding a bike (though it would be great) and I don't believe there many here that do. For most of us it's recreation, a sport, a great time. But, please never forget those that rely on you. There is definitely a list of priorities that need to be met before riding.

RC51_CBRXX is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii
 
async's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 3,943
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream247919 View Post
)Pledge to always wear ATGATT, no matter how short the ride or how hot

)Always carry enough medical insurance to repair yourself, no matter what happens without those bills being a financial hardship to your Family

)Take Advanced MSF safety and refresher courses

)Maintain your bike in excellent order (tires, grips, brakes...)

If you can't ante these common sense POAs, please stay on the porch!

I've got 'em all except the first one. I have full leathers but get lazy at times and tend not to wear the pants. This is mostly because they squeeze the man-sack so badly that I feel like a castrati when I'm done with the ride.

Good reminder though.

async is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
RC51_CBRXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 10,498
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by async View Post
I've got 'em all except the first one. I have full leathers but get lazy at times and tend not to wear the pants. This is mostly because they squeeze the man-sack so badly that I feel like a castrati when I'm done with the ride.

Good reminder though.
That's an easy fix. Just ask RC90. Now you know why he talks so funny!

RC51_CBRXX is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Ken
Community Admin
 
Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 4,396
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Great post, dream. No argument here!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Ken is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,109
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Good point dream...

I don't make my living from riding a bike (though it would be great) and I don't believe there many here that do. For most of us it's recreation, a sport, a great time. But, please never forget those that rely on you. There is definitely a list of priorities that need to be met before riding.
Thanks RC51! I fully agree with you!

I just returned from a thousand mile road trip and can count the ATGATT riders on one hand with spares. It was amusing how my SO ranted about the unsafe riders. She gives me the motivation to always make the POA.

dream is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 63
Rep Power: 0
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

1. Can't do it when it's summertime...I know the risks, I accept 'em. Always the full-face helmet, but other than that, the gear is hit or miss if it's not cool enough to bulk up.

2. Both the wife and I are the paranoid type, so we've got the max allowable insurance on all of our vehicles, two-wheeled and four. We've also got good health ins.

3. I wouldn't mind attending an MSF course, but I don't feel I need one (which probably means I need one...).

4. I'm beyond anal with my stuff, and rarely are any of my vehicles in anything other than top running condition.


JohnnyLfromCT is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,109
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

The breathable Fieldsheer kevlar suit voids the "it's too hot" whine.
I've ridden across country in >105oF in non-breathable full leathers. It was a great way to lose weight!

dream is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome