Doing things the hard way
Join Date: Oct 2010
Rep Power: 1
1) That bug could eat my dog.
2) Ouch, PDX. Pins coming out of the body is horror movie stuff. Aside from numbess, all healed up?
3) Made the 1800km (1100 miles) trip home on the bike. She rides fine other than a faint wub wub sound at certain speeds - brake rotor? In any case, I'll ride till the parts are in.
I am tallying up the damage and evaluating the fix-up options. Insurance is a possibility since I have a clean record and a low rate (for Quebec).
- Tank dented
- Tail scratched
- Stator covor with half the Honda logo shaved off (I just replaced it #$%#!!)
- Gauge cover front cracked and back dented
- headlight bezel scratched
- grip looks like someone took a bite out of it
- rizoma mirror cracked
- motovation bar slider torn and bent (probably saved my lever and bars)
- Sato engine slider bent (did not snap engine mount, but will replace with motos)
- And some cosmetics like rashed signal lights, exhaust shield and a few nicks here and there.
- Gear banged up. Not sure I will do anything about that. All still useable.
New bruises have blossomed, from above left hip to mid thigh, and right ass-cheek. Rib still sore, and right wrist stiff.
Pics to follow.
On another note... When I was on the dragon Wednesday, someone went off the edge on a custom... Anyone know if they are OK?
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai