919 vs Mastiff - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Steve

919 vs Mastiff

I hit a Mastiff on the 9er yesterday. Just a glancing blow.The dog was running toward me in my alley. I was going at least 25 mph. His head caught my left side frame slider and bent it all the way back. Almost dropped the bike. It didn't even seem to hurt the dog. Scared the sheit outta me though! The neighbors have two of these dogs. I hit the young one which is already over 100 lbs. The momma dog is 230lbs, freakin huge, biggest dog I've ever seen. I get chased by this beast every other day. The dogs owners are irresponsible and will do nothing to remedy the situation. Already called animal control & cops numerous times over previos incidents but nothing ever happens. I hate big agressive dogs with stupid owners.

I need to figure out the best defense against big dogs besides firearms. ( I was legally armed at the time and coulda popped him but I don't want the trouble) I want to deter the dog. Need to be able to use it from the bike. Would industrial strength pepper spray work on a monster dog like that? Maybe a fire extinguisher? Some king of taser? Any suggestions?
Any LEOs out there want to chime in? Thanks!

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:14 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Pull those old steel baseball cleats out of the closet and ram him spikes first. That will probably not kill the dog, but I doubt he will chase you again.

Maybe more humane ways...
- Airhorn
- Wiffle ball bat
- BB Gun
- .22 pistol and rat shot
- Get a repair estimate from an expensive dealership then file a report...or maybe file a report then get the repair quote. Whichever

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:18 PM
dr1
dr1

I just need to know what frame sliders you have, and hope I dont have the same... wow I mean if they bend back from hitting a dog, how are they supposed to survive impact with the ground at speed... goddamn!

post #4 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Get a can of "bear spray", at about $50 per can. He will not chase you again after a nice spray down. Pretty much industrial pepper spray.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #5 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1 View Post
I just need to know what frame sliders you have, and hope I dont have the same... wow I mean if they bend back from hitting a dog, how are they supposed to survive impact with the ground at speed... goddamn!
Lol.. I hear ya but his ain't no regular dog! It's one big thick bad Mofo. Google English Mastiff to see what I mean. I wouldn't take on this dog with a baseball bat. I have LOS frame sliders that are frame mounted and very sturdy, just not as sturdy as that dog.

Steve

post #6 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
What's a 919?

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 

Two things I can think of my dad who is an avid cyclist uses K9 specific spray deterrent. Something like pepper spray, but has some ingredients that drives dogs crazy I guess. (Not that regular pepper spray wouldn't)

Also, you could use a "non-lethal" bullet if you usually are carrying. i.e. Compound rubber. However, I dunno how laws are in Texas, but discharging a firearm in public/city limits back in my hometown is a big deal. Unless you feel that your life is threatened. I dunno, the first round in my "Home defense" magazine is rubber compound, the rest are Hollow's. Everybody deserves one chance. ha!

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
post #7 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

It is not the dogs fault. It is the owner's fault, just keep that in mind.
The dog is just doing what a dog does.
I do think the estimate option might be the way to go.
I wonder if the insurance company might have some insight to this.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #8 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

I've got friends with Bull Mastiffs and friends with English Mastiffs, they're a lot of dog if you don't have total control of them, I can't imagine anyone letting one of them run free and unchecked. I'd much rather hit a big ol buck deer than a Mastiff. My friends with the Bulls have one that tips the scale at 278lbs, he's a gentle giant and I now realize it was a real bad idea to let him sit in my lap when he was a little puppy.

Dan

Dan
post #9 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
I've got friends with Bull Mastiffs and friends with English Mastiffs, they're a lot of dog if you don't have total control of them, I can't imagine anyone letting one of them run free and unchecked. I'd much rather hit a big ol buck deer than a Mastiff. My friends with the Bulls have one that tips the scale at 278lbs, he's a gentle giant and I now realize it was a real bad idea to let him sit in my lap when he was a little puppy.
Dan
Exactly. People think when I say big dog I mean like a german sheppard or something. A Mastiff' could crap a german sheppard. You'd probably have to shoot the damn thing several times to drop it with a .45 and you might just piss it off.

post #10 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Yeah, Shepherds and Rotties are "big" dogs, Mastiffs qualify as giant dogs, Rocky (the one that weighs 278) has 16" of fur seperating his ears, he's a beast.

Dan

Dan
post #11 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Quote:
Yeah, Shepherds and Rotties are "big" dogs, Mastiffs qualify as giant dogs, Rocky (the one that weighs 278) has 16" of fur seperating his ears, he's a beast.

Dan
My bad, I was just corrected by the GF, Rocky is an English mastiff not a Bull Mastiff, what do I know I've got Corgis and an Australian Cattle Dog.

Dan

Dan
post #12 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I have had good luck with the "Fogger" (Giant OC dispersal canister). Works well on the dogs but if you are on the bike I would just outrun him. Keep calling cops, they will get tired of hearing from you and should eventually take action. Or man up and take a bite....lawsuit will definately get thier attention. HAHA just kidding about the bite. Not sure about you local laws but if that beast is on the run as you say it is, problem needs to be addressed. Check with other neighbors and see if they have same complaint. Power in numbers will get lazy/disinterseted LE organization/Animal control into action.

post #13 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Lovin the Vanilla Ice

Definitely go after the owners if they won't remedy it. Did the cops even fill out a report?

And find some way if they won't limit their travel to put a little fear of vehicles in them. Not only for your safety but theirs. They may put you down but next time they may try it with an Escalade and lose. I trained our old farm dogs by putting rocks in the center console and hitting them when they pursued. That may not be enough for those horses though.

Two wheelin for the feelin.
post #14 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 06:35 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Get a can of "bear spray", at about $50 per can. He will not chase you again after a nice spray down. Pretty much industrial pepper spray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStraub 919 View Post
Two things I can think of my dad who is an avid cyclist uses K9 specific spray deterrent. Something like pepper spray, but has some ingredients that drives dogs crazy I guess. (Not that regular pepper spray wouldn't)

Also, you could use a "non-lethal" bullet if you usually are carrying. i.e. Compound rubber. However, I dunno how laws are in Texas, but discharging a firearm in public/city limits back in my hometown is a big deal. Unless you feel that your life is threatened. I dunno, the first round in my "Home defense" magazine is rubber compound, the rest are Hollow's. Everybody deserves one chance. ha!

FYI, the "Bear Spray" and the "Dog-specific" OC spray are the same stuff that the cops carry and use on uncooperative people. it's not even better/stronger necessarily, just marketed for those other purposes.

I'm a bit unclear on whether this gigantic dog is just a nuisance or if your feeling threatened by it.
if it's a nuisance, call tha cops (again) and file an accident report...try to get some $$$ from the owners to replace your frame sliders.

if you are feeling threatened, then smack the thing with a 2x4 or similar blunt instrument, or OC spray it...these will work....or just shoot it. Yes, it's not really the dogs fault, but I wouldn't feel too badly about it. the cops should back you up on it...but be sure you kill that sucker dead, don't just wound it...gigantic scary dead dog = credible threat, wounded doggie = sympathy for the "poor doggie" and it's owner. This will NOT endear you to your neighbor! If the dog's really a menace, its best you do it now, rather than wait for it to maul a 6 year old.

A few years back, I had to shoot my neighbor's German Shepard that was running loose. It was chasing my girlfriend's horse, and I had talked to the neighbor about it a bunch of times, called animal control, etc ... after I shot it, I picked him up and delivered it back to my neighbor, who I woke up to give the dead dog back. I wasn't even rude, just business-like. He called the Sheriff on me (no big suprise) but the sheriff didn't have a thing he could do to me about it. He also didn't want to ticket my neighbor, and that caused me some anger...so be it.

Goo luck solving this problem, make sure to let us know how it works out!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #15 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Milites Gregarius

Squirt gun with ammonia.

post #16 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeze View Post
Squirt gun with ammonia.
and hit the eyes if you can. He won't forget that.

Neighbor has one that weighed in at 285. He's a hoss. The guy has progressed up the scales (no pun intended) with each dog he's bought. I don't think he can top this one.

Like others have said, it's not the dog's fault. It's the owner. But you gotta do what you gotta do if he's running loose.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #17 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

If you have one, mount a camera and record a couple incedents. Make sure the footage is time/date stamped. And feed them to the local Fox (or other national news outfit) and tell them everything, calls to cops and animal control. That will get the cops and animal control moving. Also might get the attention of any local animal rights/protection agency and they might get the dogs into a better home.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #18 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
FYI, the "Bear Spray" and the "Dog-specific" OC spray are the same stuff that the cops carry and use on uncooperative people. it's not even better/stronger necessarily, just marketed for those other purposes.
Differences between cop and civilian pepper spray. Police pepper/OC spray is level 1. Just peppers and oil. Level 2 (mostly for lower security outfits) is diluted with 10% distilled water. Level 3 is for civilian use (which is brought from local stores) is diluted with 20% distilled water. I have been hit with level 1 for security training. That sheit is no joke. Level 3 still stings a enough for most people to get away from an attacker.

The problem you are going to occur even using bear spray, is that the charging dog will still keep coming in that direction. You will need to have room to swerve out of the dogs path otherwise the same thing will happen. It is the same thing they taught us in training. Spray the attacker and step to the side at the same time.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

post #19 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 PM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

stop your bike and point your index and pinky finger at the dog and hum, that should do it.

post #20 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 09:38 PM
yzarc mi os

Please do not listen to the people telling you to harm the dog this is what causes these types of dogs to eventually hurt some one and it won't be pretty when a dog like this does it.

These dogs are punished through there loyalty best not pain . Pain is something that is bread to be an after thought for this type of dog. Unfortunately for the dog it sounds like the owners are retarded at best.

Mastiffs are what is considered beast of burden or hard labor just like pits and rotts they were bread to do a job that would most likely cause a lot of physical abuse so the pain tolerance is high in these breeds most once excited (IE chasing a bike) will not even register pain beleive me I own 2 pits and have had rotts and mastiffs at least in the family. My larger pit tore a one inch gash in his ear that I could put a finger clean through and all he wanted to do was play with dad while he turned the kitchen into a murder seen.

Any who onto advice. If you feel threaten by all means pepper spray would be best but this my not even faze the dog just anger so take the split second that the dog notices the sting and get out like you just slugged mike tyson. A dog in pain is more prone to attack in fact a dog like this will almost assuredly attack from pepper spray it will feel it but remember what I said pain is breed to be an after thought for these animals it will slow it down momentarily until instinct takes over.

Your best route is to get the dog taken away from the owner. The owners obviously do not know or care about this animal much and they don't know the danger of letting it roam free. It can be killed and if pushed easily kill some one. I'm not calling them killer, it's all how you raise an animal. my larger pit could easily off me if he so felt the notion but he doesn't hurt a fly (bee's are another story). But these people are not taking care of this dog and obviously not training it. My dog won't even bark at other dogs.

You need to get the police involved trust me bug them and they will eventually do something to stop t. Look up the dog laws and bring them to there attention. ANd press charges for the damages.

One of you best bets will be talking to the humane society and animal control. Most state and municipalities. have fence or restraint laws for all dogs. And a good portion have breed specific laws for "dangerous" breeds mastiffs normally fall into this category. They are by the way one of the few dogs actually breed to attack a human. They were breed to defend royalty by chasing down and detaining the attacker some were trained to kill the attacker at all cost. Main thing is they were breed to actually chase an attacker or trespasser.

Some of the suggestions will do nothing, hitting it with a 2x4 would be out rite stupidity, it's going to get you hurt it will not hurt the dog. Even though I suggested it I would be wary of the pepper spray. remember run like hell after using it. my dog eats stuff like daves insanity sauce and has snorted it with out ill effect beside being very thirsty. You are going to spray a much larger dog breed to take more abuse than a pit bull. if it were to blind the dog you may be out of harms way but blinding an animal will cause most to get very violent very quickly and some one will have to deal with it.

were I live this dog would be taken by the humane society if reported since any beast of burden has to be kept in a yard with at least a 5 foot tall fence that can support 200 pounds. The 5 foot part makes me laugh though my larger pit is a half breed and can jump like a damn deer. Luckily he is well behaved and stay in the yard but those rabbits that think the tall grass is a safe refuge well that don't end well for them.

I don't know the type of person you are but I wouldn't recommend just trying to hurt the dog and teach it a lesson since it's obviously not a well trained animal it's like playing Russian roulette it may attack, it may remember it, it may fix it, it may even think you are playing with it. My larger dog would a 2x4 is just another chew toy to him. And a full force swing to him when exited would only excite him more even if it broke his ribs.

I don't condone it but shooting the dog can put you in a tight spot whether you kill it or maim it. Depends on the authorities and the neighborhood. If you do I would suggest making sure it's dead if it's proven that it suffered you'll be in a heap of trouble. If you kill it you have alot less chance though than if it lives of not having any legal troubles. Again I really don't suggest this, I beleive the humans need to be punished here. Stupidity and ignorance are no excuse. I hate stupid people.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #21 of 49 Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

glad to hear you made it through it alright. Just flick the throttle you have a 15t now.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #22 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Di"zx"en

Quote:

A few years back, I had to shoot my neighbor's German Shepard that was running loose. It was chasing my girlfriend's horse, and I had talked to the neighbor about it a bunch of times, called animal control, etc ... after I shot it, I picked him up and delivered it back to my neighbor, who I woke up to give the dead dog back. I wasn't even rude, just business-like. He called the Sheriff on me (no big suprise) but the sheriff didn't have a thing he could do to me about it. He also didn't want to ticket my neighbor, and that caused me some anger...so be it.
You're one great guy.............

post #23 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 12:55 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97af View Post
You're one great guy.............
Thanks, I sleep well at night.

Apparently I've had too long of a day today, and am communicationally challenged tonight. I apologize if thats the case, and ive been rude to anyone here.

I'm Sorry if I'm coming across as callous and mean...I'm emphatically NOT trying to say that abusing an animal is a good thing to do. I'm NOT saying that hitting a dog with a length of lumber or any of this other stuff is the correct way of 'teaching it a lesson'...it is not. what I AM saying is that if the dog is a genuine threat to life & limb of a person, then it's justifiable to deal with that situation in such a manner as to eliminate that threat. If it were possible, I'd much rather eliminate the negligent owner since that is the true root of the problem.

I love animals more than I care for most people, but I've also learned that there is a time and place to take care of business. The dog that I was forced to shoot in this instance had killed three young lambs, and was trying to cause injury to a horse. the negligent owner had been made fully aware of the problem over a period of several weeks, and failed to respond in a fashion that would have led to a happier ending for everyone. Thats all I have to say about that, since I don't want to take this discussion to a really dark place. If anyone cares to talk offline about it, please PM me.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #24 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Honda 919!!!!

possibly throw the dog some bologna as us roll on by? Dogs cant say no to bologna

https://wristtwisters.com/botm/20253-...tml#post330285
(feel free to send me a PM about how to make a shortcut to the linky) <----
post #25 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkace625 View Post
Differences between cop and civilian pepper spray. Police pepper/OC spray is level 1. Just peppers and oil. Level 2 (mostly for lower security outfits) is diluted with 10% distilled water. Level 3 is for civilian use (which is brought from local stores) is diluted with 20% distilled water. I have been hit with level 1 for security training. That sheit is no joke. Level 3 still stings a enough for most people to get away from an attacker.
I think you may have it backwards. The military grade OC we get sprayed with prior to deployment is 18% OC plus 88% of whatever else is in the can. Our LEO's have stated their OC is 12%. Currently, the OC we use training correctional officers here in Baghdad is 10% (pansies). Either way, it makes for a really bad couple of hours. I have also been told there is water based and oil based but looking in the cans I have here on hand there is no such distinction.

In any case, for dogs on a motorcycle, I would get the strongest available which is at least 18%, and make sure to get cone/fog not stream. Stream will take some accuracy which probably ain't gonna happen while you are crapping your pants riding a motorcycle. If the dog comes back for more - Tazer. Let him ride the lightning for a bit. Those things will drop a steer. Unfortunately those are probably cost prohibitive unless you can borrow one.

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #26 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 AM
That's Right!!!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1 View Post
I don't think there is a single frame slider on the market that if it hits a fixed (coming in from the side so basically not moving) 100+ lb object from the front side of the slider and not the end as designed, won't bend. As far as the dog situation goes, keep bugging the local LEO's and the Animal Control. Go to your insurance about the situation too and see what they say. Remember, it's not the dog's fault as it doesn't get to choose its owners.

2003 Honda RC51
post #27 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 06:53 AM

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Carry a small pyramid with you and when it gets to close , bonk the dog on the head with the pyramid, This should quickly remind the animal of its place in the scheme of things.

post #28 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 07:35 AM
yzarc mi os

Quote:
Thanks, I sleep well at night.

Apparently I've had too long of a day today, and am communicationally challenged tonight. I apologize if thats the case, and ive been rude to anyone here.

I'm Sorry if I'm coming across as callous and mean...I'm emphatically NOT trying to say that abusing an animal is a good thing to do. I'm NOT saying that hitting a dog with a length of lumber or any of this other stuff is the correct way of 'teaching it a lesson'...it is not. what I AM saying is that if the dog is a genuine threat to life & limb of a person, then it's justifiable to deal with that situation in such a manner as to eliminate that threat. If it were possible, I'd much rather eliminate the negligent owner since that is the true root of the problem.

I love animals more than I care for most people, but I've also learned that there is a time and place to take care of business. The dog that I was forced to shoot in this instance had killed three young lambs, and was trying to cause injury to a horse. the negligent owner had been made fully aware of the problem over a period of several weeks, and failed to respond in a fashion that would have led to a happier ending for everyone. Thats all I have to say about that, since I don't want to take this discussion to a really dark place. If anyone cares to talk offline about it, please PM me.
I don't blame you for shooting the sheperd. I'll shoot an animal that repetitively terrorizes my animals if it won't stop after deterents. But hitting a dog like this with a 2x4 is going to put him in more danger than it will help. Again it will only excite the animal more. I still say his best coarse is to get the animal taken away from the neglectful owner that is going to get the animal or some one else hurt or both.

post #29 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

Sorry for your accident glad it's not worse. Better be a great shot with bear spray left handed since you one get one chance!

I've dealt with fast dogs cycling and been lucky. Commit to its side of the road and when near accelerate and cut sharply to the otherside. Note this doesn't work when they tag team you with a bull on each side of the road, which happened to me in nevada. Fortunately they charged a passing cage and moved to one side.

File an accident report with LEO, then they will deal with it.

post #30 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Steve

If I'd wanted to hurt the dog he'd already be dead. I want to stop the behavior. The cops won't come unless he bites someone, they've already told me that. Animal control takes so long to get here it's pathetic. I'm afraid a kid is gonna get killed before it's over. These people had pitt bulls but they got loose and bit a jogger so the city had them destroyed. Then they go out and get bigger dogs. They have no fence, they chain the dogs to a big tree all day but apparently that's legal. The dogs are let loose to roam almost daily. They wont chase cars but a motorcycle or kid on a bike is a target. All the kids in the area know to stay away from that house. I have filed numerous police reports and have corresponded with the city attorney. The city is well aware of the situation they just wont act. This has been going on for years with these people and their dogs. I'm gonna go the industrial pepper spray route I think and hope for the best. I have a CHL and am almost always armed but I don't want the legal mess that would come with shooting the dog. But at the same time I will not be eaten by that beast. I will call my insurance co too and see what they think. I'll post up if anything happens.

Thanks for the ideas guys.... be safe
Steve

post #31 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

Wow that's horrible. You should take your strong case to the local TV news and after they run a story on it, you get results.

post #32 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
FXS
Knees in the Breeze

Check with the local letter carrier. My ex-father-in-law was a carrier and gave me this spray called HALT. Had to use it once on a charging dog. Stopped him like someone stepped on his leash while he was at full throttle.
Dog wouldn't come near me after that.

Never pick a fight with an old man..if he's too tired to fight, he'll just shoot you.
1979 H-D Low Rider (orig owner)
2009 K 1300 S (Lava Orange...the faster color)
post #33 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

What you need is a tennis ball on a stick like the meter readers carry around here for dogs. I'm sorry, I feel sorry for anybody who comes into my yard carrying a stick with a tennis ball on the end, my Queensland would be humping the poor guys leg all the way down the block.

Dan

Dan
post #34 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
yzarc mi os

sounds like shooting the owners would be a good idea at this point. I'm not a fan of the stupid trend that seems to be increasing. I think it's time to get as much public a attention as possible.

post #35 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Steve

Quote:
What you need is a tennis ball on a stick like the meter readers carry around here for dogs. I'm sorry, I feel sorry for anybody who comes into my yard carrying a stick with a tennis ball on the end, my Queensland would be humping the poor guys leg all the way down the block.

Dan
That's some funny sheit right there! Best laugh I've had all day.......

Steve

post #36 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 02:26 PM
919 City Pilot

sponges soaked in bacon grease?

post #37 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
I think you may have it backwards. The military grade OC we get sprayed with prior to deployment is 18% OC plus 88% of whatever else is in the can. Our LEO's have stated their OC is 12%. Currently, the OC we use training correctional officers here in Baghdad is 10% (pansies). Either way, it makes for a really bad couple of hours. I have also been told there is water based and oil based but looking in the cans I have here on hand there is no such distinction.
That looks like the pepper pulp and oil content percentages, but it could just be the different brand's proportions. I was taught, the OC that I am issued has a certain oil/pepper mix and is diluted with distilled water for the different levels. I assumed the military bought a certain mix for their OC, but it looks like I could be wrong.

2005 Honda 919
PGR #120827

post #38 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 

Clarion model 2 ultrasonic transducer with an appropriate driver. 25 years ago I made the mistake of activating one to level one (the lowest) without earplugs -- it shattered standard float glass at 20 feet and my ears are still ringing. At level three every dog within 1/4 mile was yelping in agony.

There are only two ways I know of to dampen the enthuisasm of an agressive animal without potentially killing it -- Taser or ultrasonic. Regardless of how strong the muscles or single minded the brain, if you disrupt communication between them nothing will happen. Both will do this, with the Taser being more directional but prone to the most usual failure -- missing your target -- in which case you're screwed. Ultrasonic will stop any animal, yes even deaf ones, but has the disadvantage of putting the animal trying to protect itself at the very epicenter of this "protection", with predictable results especially if it happens to be operating a motorcycle at the time.

Neeeeever mind.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
post #39 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Self proclaimed idiot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porrboy View Post
sounds like shooting the owners would be a good idea at this point. I'm not a fan of the stupid trend that seems to be increasing. I think it's time to get as much public a attention as possible.
Sounds like you want to end up on the news yourself.

Geez man, relax.. There's always another alternative.

I have a couple of dogs, (not Mastiff's thank God) in my neighborhood and when they chase and nip, I get on it.. I've never seen any dog run 50.

As far as irresponsible neighbors, they're everywhere.. My neighbor encourages his english bulldog to crap in my yard. So, while sitting out back and checking mail, etc. on the computer, I'll take shots at it's ass with a paintball gun. It doesn't do it anymore and my neighbor laughs when his stoopid dog comes home with green paint all over his a$$..

They don't get defensive.. They are so ignorant, they think it's funny.

So think twice about killing people over a "inconvenience".. That's friggin moronic.

post #40 of 49 Old 08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
yzarc mi os

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border View Post
Sounds like you want to end up on the news yourself.

Geez man, relax.. There's always another alternative.

I have a couple of dogs, (not Mastiff's thank God) in my neighborhood and when they chase and nip, I get on it.. I've never seen any dog run 50.

As far as irresponsible neighbors, they're everywhere.. My neighbor encourages his english bulldog to crap in my yard. So, while sitting out back and checking mail, etc. on the computer, I'll take shots at it's ass with a paintball gun. It doesn't do it anymore and my neighbor laughs when his stoopid dog comes home with green paint all over his a$$..

They don't get defensive.. They are so ignorant, they think it's funny.

So think twice about killing people over a "inconvenience".. That's friggin moronic.
I wasn't being serious about killing them though if some one did I would find it humorous.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode