Video - Playing Chasey - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 08-19-2011, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Video - Playing Chasey

The bike I follow at the beginning is a ZX9R. After I pass him the bike I catch is a BMW F800R. Then the bike I am behind later on is a 2011 Speed Triple. Yeah, the 919 does alright, alright.

Honda 919 / Hornet 900 - Playing Chasey - YouTube

For those interested, I use Cyberlink Power Director as my editing software. And the overlayed Hornet is from the badge thread elsewhere here - I made it into an overlay

Michael

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Discen

I love this song!!!!

post #3 of 11 Old 08-20-2011, 02:08 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Good video.

I never did understand Mark Tuttle, John Burns, and Mitch Boem always said the 919 was way under powered. I really wonder if they actually rode it or just wrote the reveiw after reading the specs???
Like the BlackBirdXX, it didn't look too tuff on paper, but, it took 300 more ccs to move it out of 1st place in top speed!

Oh, the music ran me nuts!

[

post #4 of 11 Old 08-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Why are you covering the speedo? Worried about LEOs patrolling YouTube? Looks like it was a fun ride.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-21-2011, 08:35 AM
lusting over something...

nice overlay...

post #6 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambomonster View Post
Why are you covering the speedo? Worried about LEOs patrolling YouTube? Looks like it was a fun ride.
LEOs patrol bike forums, this is known - at least down here. One such instance, a rider who had lost their license - and wrote about it on the forum - decided to go for a weekend ride and also let that be known. The town they rode to sits on a through road and no other ways in or out. The police set up Blocks at each end of the town, all bikes were pulled up and Only license checked (which is odd for a bike blitz - they normally check Everything). And they gradually made their way into town, squeezing the net. Until they caught the license-less rider.

I have covered the speedo cause if you saw we were only doing 20 you'd realize I speed the footage up 8 times and the illusion would be shattered.

Also, some people get annoyed if they are shown to be doing something "wrong". The bike's speedo matched with the Plate of the rider in front, might be such a thing. Far be it from me to create an entertainment piece that might get someone in trouble. (Not that anyone did anything wrong anywhere. All speed limits were adhered to. And any footage that showed other was either due to mechanical readout errors or camera angle illusions )

Michael

post #7 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Yikes, riding on the wrong side of the road makes my brain hurt, still a cool video though.

Dan
post #8 of 11 Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Carp Killer

Here in BC passing another rider in the same lane without a signal from them would be considered rude and dangerous...

Nice vid though. Looks like a fun road.

How do you have your camera mounted? Looks really stable and vib free.

Keep The Rubber Side Down
post #9 of 11 Old 08-27-2011, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
Here in BC passing another rider in the same lane without a signal from them would be considered rude and dangerous...

Nice vid though. Looks like a fun road.

How do you have your camera mounted? Looks really stable and vib free.
At 5:29 if you watch closely, you'll see the ZX9R rider signal me to pass him just before the bend, he then takes the bend and keeps left to help the pass be carried out safely.

The camera is mounted with a couple of the extender pieces that come with the Gopro. I show the mount closeup at the start of this video...

Honda 919 / Hornet 900 - Bicycles & Waterfalls - YouTube

I'll remember to take a photo of it closeup and post that up.

Michael

post #10 of 11 Old 08-27-2011, 06:10 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Darude- Sandstorm is a classic since the 90’s! What is the song in the second video?
Damn man cops down there are hard core. They would probably get sued if they pulled something like that here. Somebody would claim their Civil Liberties were compromised blah, blah, blah. Nice videos though!

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
Darude- Sandstorm is a classic since the 90ís! What is the song in the second video?
Damn man cops down there are hard core. They would probably get sued if they pulled something like that here. Somebody would claim their Civil Liberties were compromised blah, blah, blah. Nice videos though!
Thanks

The song in the second video is "This World Remix" by "Lost Keys" (it's in the credits at the end ssshhh ). Stumbled across it on MySpace back in April, got myself a copy and figured it'd be good for a ride video (Just searched YT and someone has recently uploaded that tune, so video2mp3 might be your friend if you want a copy )

Michael

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode