UC cop charged - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 23 Old 07-29-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

UC cop charged

Anyone seen this shit on the news? Seriously, what the fook is wrong with people? https://youtu.be/Z0cdejrSjyc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Left of Centre

It escalated a frickin' long way from his initial "Hey, how's it going, man?".

Shot dead for a missing license plate? FFS.

post #3 of 23 Old 07-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Cornicen

Wow. I hadn't seen the video, that is insane. He didn't need to draw his weapon let alone fire it. Glad that he's being charged. This also is strong evidence to me that body cameras are a very good thing.

08 DR-Z400SM
WFOATT

post #4 of 23 Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 AM
Hastatus Prior

Ridiculous, really glad the cop got charged. We'll see how well his "my life was in danger" defense holds up.

In other news how about the NJ cop that shop 3 times at teenagers who knocked on his door in the middle of the night. Shot at them while they drove away.

"A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life."
-2005 CBR 600 F4i
-2001 RC51 ** SOLD
-2002 VFR 800**SOLD
-2002 919 **SOLD
-2006 599 ** WRECKED
post #5 of 23 Old 08-08-2015, 06:44 AM
Tesserarius

post #6 of 23 Old 08-08-2015, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stutz View Post
Yea he didn't shot someone in the head for no reason though. No one was even killed in that incident.

post #7 of 23 Old 08-08-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post

Yea he didn't shot someone in the head for no reason though. No one was even killed in that incident.
Oops , I meant shoot

post #8 of 23 Old 08-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Milites Gregarius

Everything is based on perspective and experience.

I don't recommend reaching in for the keys to stop a violator from leaving but when you do AND the guy tries to drive off, YOU are in danger.

The driver made a choice and he chose poorly.

post #9 of 23 Old 08-09-2015, 02:06 AM
Left of Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post

I don't recommend reaching in for the keys to stop a violator from leaving but when you do AND the guy tries to drive off, YOU are in danger.

So did the cop.

post #10 of 23 Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:

Seriously? Just because he was going to drive away doesn't mean you can shoot him in the head. If you actually watch the video in slow motion the cop shoots the guy before the car even moves. Then he lies and said he was dragged first. The fact that he was even pulled over for such a minor violation is called profiling. Was it because of his race? Yes. On top of that , the cop should have never pulled him over in the first place. They are campus police. Not Cincinnati PD. So much in fact that they are no longer allowed to patrol outside of campus now. So while they both made a fatal decision, there is no justification for officer Tensings actions. His life was never in danger. It was not a violent situation where he felt like he had to do it to save his life. Just a guy on a power trip with a badge. Keep in mind this was all over a missing front license plate. Now this guys kids have no father, not to mention his friends and family are at a total loss and riddled by disbelief.

post #11 of 23 Old 08-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Yo no sť nada

Quote:

Seriously? Just because he was going to drive away doesn't mean you can shoot him in the head. If you actually watch the video in slow motion the cop shoots the guy before the car even moves. Then he lies and said he was dragged first. The fact that he was even pulled over for such a minor violation is called profiling. Was it because of his race? Yes. On top of that , the cop should have never pulled him over in the first place. They are campus police. Not Cincinnati PD. So much in fact that they are no longer allowed to patrol outside of campus now. So while they both made a fatal decision, there is no justification for officer Tensings actions. His life was never in danger. It was not a violent situation where he felt like he had to do it to save his life. Just a guy on a power trip with a badge. Keep in mind this was all over a missing front license plate. Now this guys kids have no father, not to mention his friends and family are at a total loss and riddled by disbelief.
Both parties were in the wrong, period. The guy should have cooperated with the douche badge and would probably still be alive. He was stopped for violating the law.

post #12 of 23 Old 08-09-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyke1019 View Post

Both parties were in the wrong, period. The guy should have cooperated with the douche badge and would probably still be alive. He was stopped for violating the law.
Haha.. So you're saying if people got punished that way, they wouldn't break the law in the first place? It would make for some much needed population control.. Death by misdemeanor.

post #13 of 23 Old 08-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Yes seriously. The guy was trying to take off and the officer reached in to grab the keys. If the violator drives off then yes the officers life is in danger. I guess he should have waited to be drug down the street then shoot him? I'm guessing when you are fighting with someone to keep from driving off you can feel like the car is moving. Do you have any experience in this?

In TX, not having a front plate is justification for a stop. Not having been police in Ohio, I dunno but gonna guess since he made the stop - it is against the law. I stopped someone for jaywalking (not normally a ticket I would write) and he had robbed 2 Jack in the Boxes in a neighboring city. I guess I shouldn't have stopped him huh for such a chickensh*t offense.?

The fact that you think it shouldn't be a law or that you think the officer is on a power trip is immaterial to the case. The jury won't base guilt or innocence on that. They will base it on what a person in that same situation would have done.

Th fact that the violator's kids grow up fatherless is on the violator. How many times did the officer just ask to see a license?

The fact that the campus changed their SOP after this is immaterial too. I've read a lot on this case but I never heard that he could not make the stop to begin with.

How are family and friends in disbelief? It[s not like the guy was never arrested or stopped by the police before.

post #14 of 23 Old 08-10-2015, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:

Yes seriously. The guy was trying to take off and the officer reached in to grab the keys. If the violator drives off then yes the officers life is in danger. I guess he should have waited to be drug down the street then shoot him? I'm guessing when you are fighting with someone to keep from driving off you can feel like the car is moving. Do you have any experience in this?

In TX, not having a front plate is justification for a stop. Not having been police in Ohio, I dunno but gonna guess since he made the stop - it is against the law. I stopped someone for jaywalking (not normally a ticket I would write) and he had robbed 2 Jack in the Boxes in a neighboring city. I guess I shouldn't have stopped him huh for such a chickensh*t offense.?

The fact that you think it shouldn't be a law or that you think the officer is on a power trip is immaterial to the case. The jury won't base guilt or innocence on that. They will base it on what a person in that same situation would have done.

Th fact that the violator's kids grow up fatherless is on the violator. How many times did the officer just ask to see a license?

The fact that the campus changed their SOP after this is immaterial too. I've read a lot on this case but I never heard that he could not make the stop to begin with.

How are family and friends in disbelief? It[s not like the guy was never arrested or stopped by the police before.
I never said he wasn't allowed to pull him over in the first place. They are campus police. Not really supposed to patrol the whole city. Why would someone try to stop a moving car in the first place? So I take it you have had a road rage incident or domestic violence situation? Which by your train of thought you should have been shot on site since you broke the law. Street justice! My point is that there was no justification for him shooting the suspect period. That's why he got charged with murder and lost his job. Why couldn't he have shot the tires out or fire a warning shot in the air? If the Officer was going for the keys, how did he have both hands on his gun? So many things wrong with this scenario and it's not how cops are trained to handle protocol. No one was in the right. At the end of the day you still have a family in remorse. Disbelief? Yes his record included driving under suspension and weed charges. Not really a violent offender or a felon. Hell I've been in trouble for those things when I was younger. Guess what? I'm still here! People make mistakes. That's why we have a court system.

post #15 of 23 Old 08-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
I never said he wasn't allowed to pull him over in the first place. They are campus police. Not really supposed to patrol the whole city. Why would someone try to stop a moving car in the first place? So I take it you have had a road rage incident or domestic violence situation? Which by your train of thought you should have been shot on site since you broke the law. Street justice! My point is that there was no justification for him shooting the suspect period. That's why he got charged with murder and lost his job. Why couldn't he have shot the tires out or fire a warning shot in the air? If the Officer was going for the keys, how did he have both hands on his gun? So many things wrong with this scenario and it's not how cops are trained to handle protocol. No one was in the right. At the end of the day you still have a family in remorse. Disbelief? Yes his record included driving under suspension and weed charges. Not really a violent offender or a felon. Hell I've been in trouble for those things when I was younger. Guess what? I'm still here! People make mistakes. That's why we have a court system.
I've lost track of the stops I did and the DV calls I handled. I ask because we all have opinions but that is all it is - an opinion. Add experience and the opinion gains more credibility. I'll say it - the officer should have never reached in BUT he did. That said, things happen so quickly in an altercation and it's easy to sit back, not being there, with 0 experience in stops or resistant subjects and say well he should have done this and because he didn't, we are going to charge him with murder.

Not being from Ohio, I dunno where the stop was or how close it was to campus but that said, I still haven't heard one thing about the stop being outside jurisdiction and thus invalid.

So he only got charged because there was no justification to shoot? Could it be that an admin. threw him under the bus and a city is trying to avoid another Ferguson? I guess stuff like that never happens huh?

Don't put words in my mouth about street justice. I never even implied that. It's an easy concept - comply with a lawful order or face the consequences of not doing so. Things escalate and deescalate quickly. The violator could have done A LOT of things that would have not got him shot. That is why I said he chose poorly. Just like you don't reach into a car to stop a driver from taking off, you don't routinely shoot the tires out or fire a warning shot. Looks great on TV but not so much in the real world.

Frankly, I'm tired of all the people like yourself that come along and defend criminals. Black criminals lives don't matter as much as citizen's lives who you know, obey the law and just try to get thru this world with their families. So because he didn't have a violent felony, he wasn't dangerous? Once again, my experience says differently. I agree, the court system is the place to handle violations of the law, the violator didn't want to do it that way.

You mention you had similar charges against you. When you drove on a suspended license and were holding weed, did you try to drive away when the officer was at your driver's door doing a contact?

Bland, Brown, Garner, Gray, this guy, the guy in Arlington TX a couple days ago all have a two things in common but no one wants to discuss that. They just want to say how police are militarized, bad, use excessive force, and try to control you. Hint: On any call I went on, it was my job to be in control and I think that is what irks people more than anything else.

post #16 of 23 Old 08-10-2015, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:

I've lost track of the stops I did and the DV calls I handled. I ask because we all have opinions but that is all it is - an opinion. Add experience and the opinion gains more credibility. I'll say it - the officer should have never reached in BUT he did. That said, things happen so quickly in an altercation and it's easy to sit back, not being there, with 0 experience in stops or resistant subjects and say well he should have done this and because he didn't, we are going to charge him with murder.

Not being from Ohio, I dunno where the stop was or how close it was to campus but that said, I still haven't heard one thing about the stop being outside jurisdiction and thus invalid.

So he only got charged because there was no justification to shoot? Could it be that an admin. threw him under the bus and a city is trying to avoid another Ferguson? I guess stuff like that never happens huh?

Don't put words in my mouth about street justice. I never even implied that. It's an easy concept - comply with a lawful order or face the consequences of not doing so. Things escalate and deescalate quickly. The violator could have done A LOT of things that would have not got him shot. That is why I said he chose poorly. Just like you don't reach into a car to stop a driver from taking off, you don't routinely shoot the tires out or fire a warning shot. Looks great on TV but not so much in the real world.

Frankly, I'm tired of all the people like yourself that come along and defend criminals. Black criminals lives don't matter as much as citizen's lives who you know, obey the law and just try to get thru this world with their families. So because he didn't have a violent felony, he wasn't dangerous? Once again, my experience says differently. I agree, the court system is the place to handle violations of the law, the violator didn't want to do it that way.

You mention you had similar charges against you. When you drove on a suspended license and were holding weed, did you try to drive away when the officer was at your driver's door doing a contact?

Bland, Brown, Garner, Gray, this guy, the guy in Arlington TX a couple days ago all have a two things in common but no one wants to discuss that. They just want to say how police are militarized, bad, use excessive force, and try to control you. Hint: On any call I went on, it was my job to be in control and I think that is what irks people more than anything else.
Who made you in charge of deciding who's lives are worth more than others? You sound like a true racist from an older time. An admitted profiler. You are what's wrong with the judicial system. Like you've never made any mistakes? Get over yourself.

post #17 of 23 Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

I really don't even know why we are arguing over something a grand jury already indicted the officer for anyway. They felt there was sufficient evidence to place the charges. Now it's up to the courts. Not the opinion of citizens or people on a power trip

post #18 of 23 Old 08-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Who made you in charge of deciding who's lives are worth more than others? You sound like a true racist from an older time. An admitted profiler. You are what's wrong with the judicial system. Like you've never made any mistakes? Get over yourself.
Yep, why discuss the matter further when you can just call me names. That usually means you don't have any counterpoints. Racist? Profiler? Can't you at least come up with something new. So ALL lives matter the same? Think what you want, you don't know shit about me.

As for the officer being indicted, have you ever worked in a DA's office? It's really a rhetorical question.

There is a saying that a prosecutor could indict a ham sammich. Also, if he asked for a jury trial, judgment will be based on a juries (you know-citizens) decision.

post #19 of 23 Old 08-12-2015, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:

Yep, why discuss the matter further when you can just call me names. That usually means you don't have any counterpoints. Racist? Profiler? Can't you at least come up with something new. So ALL lives matter the same? Think what you want, you don't know shit about me.

As for the officer being indicted, have you ever worked in a DA's office? It's really a rhetorical question.

There is a saying that a prosecutor could indict a ham sammich. Also, if he asked for a jury trial, judgment will be based on a juries (you know-citizens) decision.
Why would I come up with something new for someone who thinks like a faded generation? I really shouldn't have even said that. Anyone reading this will get the same idea about your comments. It was unnecessary. What else is there to discuss? A jury with hopefully be a group of individuals who are going to make a decision based on evidence. Not the color of skin. The officer did not know the guys history. He was profiling as well. Like I said that's the whole reason he pulled him over. Not a missing plate. That's just a reason to justify said profiling. Would they pull my wife over since she doesn't have a front plate on her newer car. The answer is no. Even though it is required by law. Just like seatbelt laws. They only pull people over they "think" may be up to no good.

post #20 of 23 Old 08-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Why would I come up with something new for someone who thinks like a faded generation? I really shouldn't have even said that. Anyone reading this will get the same idea about your comments. It was unnecessary. What else is there to discuss? A jury with hopefully be a group of individuals who are going to make a decision based on evidence. Not the color of skin. The officer did not know the guys history. He was profiling as well. Like I said that's the whole reason he pulled him over. Not a missing plate. That's just a reason to justify said profiling. Would they pull my wife over since she doesn't have a front plate on her newer car. The answer is no. Even though it is required by law. Just like seatbelt laws. They only pull people over they "think" may be up to no good.
My comments weren't unnecessary. Black progressives continue to maintain these people didn't do anything wrong and a white officer just kills them for no reason at all. I didn't make it about race, they did.

What is a "faded generation"? So every couple generations we should come up with new techniques of patrol and ditch the old ones that might work? How logical of you.

A jury made up of "citizens" who got handpicked thru voire dire by the prosecution and defense will determine his fate.

Wow, for a criminal with no policing experience, you some how know what the officer was thinking. Are you psyhic? If so, as long as you can provide you know "evidence", you might go down to court to volunteer your services to the prosecution.

From the AP -
The school's campus police had voluntarily halted such patrols after the July 19 shooting of 43-year-old Samuel DuBose. DuBose was pulled over about a half-mile from campus by UC officer Ray Tensing for a missing front license plate. DuBose, who was not a student, refused to get out of the car, and Tensing shot the driver once in the head.

The officer was valid in doing the stop and asking and then ordering DuBose to comply. Instead, he tried to take off. Also for those who say he wasn't dragged at all, check the video feed and tell me the parked car doesn't look closer at the end of the video.

post #21 of 23 Old 08-12-2015, 02:59 PM
just send it.

Garage
Threads like this irritate me. Mostly because opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and they all taste like shit.

My dad always told me that when I get pulled over, keep both hands on the wheel, sit still and only answer with 'yes sir' and 'no sir'. Regardless of the ending, what the F was with the guy squirming around in his seat and digging through his glove box?

[This space for rent]
post #22 of 23 Old 02-13-2016, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

These greedy fuckers won't stop. They just settled last month with UC for 4.8 million for his 12 kids. Now this http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...-of-his-murder. The man is in jail and unemployed. What do they expect to get from him?

post #23 of 23 Old 02-14-2016, 01:30 AM
Dead Wrong

Garage
How freaking paranoid a person could be to do such a thing. Very sad story, shows human life has no value whatsoever.

Dead wrong

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode