Target Fixation... the result. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 25 Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Target Fixation... the result.

Another classic from rnickeymouse. I have come around that same turn many many times with the same situation... cyclists on the far right just after the turn and never had a problem.

Its VERY obvious that this guy got SUPER target fixated and ended up taking them both out!!!

Motorcycle Crashes into Bicycles 4/27/2013 - YouTube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM
The Cripple

Wow that's a shame... That was so easily avoided. That guy really panicked for some reason.

post #3 of 25 Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

seen the same stupid happen SO MANY times on that corner... i go out there to just watch the show on the weekend days any more... its just too crazy to ride there on the weekends now.

post #4 of 25 Old 04-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Aquilifer

Yeah I saw some pictures of it and figured that would be what it ended up being. After having seen the vid it is a text book case.

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom
post #5 of 25 Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Real life Grand Theft Auto!!! That sucks, I'm surprised the local LEOs haven't gone turbo on that road with all the crashes going on.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #6 of 25 Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Aquilifer

Well, they are usually there pretty quick. Lots of accidents on that corner every weekend and to be honest it's not usually because someone was speeding. I have not seen the corner in person but from the video's it looks like the corner has a weird combination of terrain and angle that make a lot of folks over shoot it, or in a lot of circumstances they low side and then it sends them into the dirt. That circumstance there was all rider, no doubt, but LEO's can't ticket someone for not having a complete skillset until after the accident happens in a lot of cases (thank goodness for a lot of us riders who have a lapse of sanity from time to time).

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom
post #7 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 05:16 AM
Discen

It's only a matter of time before the authorities do something about this particular part of the road. Go ride it while you can!

post #8 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
That circumstance there was all rider, no doubt, but LEO's can't ticket someone for not having a complete skillset until after the accident happens in a lot of cases
Yes they can. In this particular case, the ticket would be a failure to negotiate a turn. And the rider deserves such a ticket for the rider is 100% at fault and 100% responsible for his fuck-up. Anyone out riding without the "complete skillset" shouldn't be out riding at all. Same applies to vehicles.

post #9 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 AM
just send it.

Garage
Owie... At least the guy on the motorcycle had full gear.

[This space for rent]
post #10 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 11

When I was riding through Mulholland with Rob last year, I didn't even realize we passed through that turn until we stopped afterwards and Rob pointed it out. There is nothing impressive about it except for the amount of stupid it attracts. It's cambered properly, goes uphill when making a left, and there's plenty of visibility to see what's in front of you. Can't get much easier than that, but people still crash all the time there. Mostly likely due to the amount of cameras pointing at you.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
post #11 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Why they heck he didn't just turn into the hillside is beyond me.

Well, no, it's not, as it was complete target fixation but my brain would have at LEAST started yelling at me "Lawsuit if you hit those guys, buddy, THROW YOUR SELF INTO THAT MOUNTAIN!!!"

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #12 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Toll Runner

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Didnt look like he braked very hard. Poor guy on the bike atleast he walked away with out braking his back/neck.

post #13 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
Well, they are usually there pretty quick. Lots of accidents on that corner every weekend and to be honest it's not usually because someone was speeding. I have not seen the corner in person but from the video's it looks like the corner has a weird combination of terrain and angle that make a lot of folks over shoot it, or in a lot of circumstances they low side and then it sends them into the dirt. That circumstance there was all rider, no doubt, but LEO's can't ticket someone for not having a complete skillset until after the accident happens in a lot of cases (thank goodness for a lot of us riders who have a lapse of sanity from time to time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
When I was riding through Mulholland with Rob last year, I didn't even realize we passed through that turn until we stopped afterwards and Rob pointed it out. There is nothing impressive about it except for the amount of stupid it attracts. It's cambered properly, goes uphill when making a left, and there's plenty of visibility to see what's in front of you. Can't get much easier than that, but people still crash all the time there. Mostly likely due to the amount of cameras pointing at you.

If you have ran the turn multiple times you realize why it gets people where it does and ill explain why.
  1. Going uphill...The into the guardrail at the beginning of the turn. The road crowns going uphill on the straight just before the turn starts. So when you are coming up its semi blind where the turn starts. Often people are going too fast on entry and or get scared when they go OH SHIT that turn came up quicker than i thought.
  2. Going uphill ... the lowside past mid way through. The turn is SLIGHTLY decreasing radius and it catches people off guard. They thought they were going slow enough or could manage the turn and half way through they start to panic.
  3. Going downhill 75% of the way through the turn, lowside typically. There is a decent dip at this point going downhill, pair this with a spot where people typically start to accelerate, wala insta crash.

As far as who is at fault... 100% the rider here... he had SO MUCH time to avoid that accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carotman View Post
It's only a matter of time before the authorities do something about this particular part of the road. Go ride it while you can!
The authorities typically have a strong presence right around this road on a weekend day, they will sit and monitor riders and cars for the busiest of parts of the day or stay close around (like a mile away on mulholland on the other side of kanan) in the not so busy hours. They do a pretty decent job, they understand that we are out there to have some fun within reason, if someone is being blatantly stupid they have no issues being harsh. but for the most part it just keeps everyone in line.

Back in the day the actually would shut this section of the road down on weekend days for this very reason too many accidents.

Now if you really want to go out there and play, tuesday - thursday mid day... absolutely NO ONE will be out there and you can have the place to yourself.

post #14 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

What's up with that chicks butt crack though?

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #15 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Yo no sť nada

Almost looks like he went straight for them on purpose.

post #16 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyke1019 View Post
Almost looks like he went straight for them on purpose.
Is that a bad thing? In my town, seems they look for reasons to sue people, always complaining that 'they were in the right', come to find out, they weren't following traffic law like they were supposed to...

I kid, I kid.

Seriously, wonder how many extra points he got for the second one...

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #17 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Yo no sť nada

I give him all of them

post #18 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 PM
just send it.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Seriously, wonder how many extra points he got for the second one...
I don't think he gets any points for the 2nd biker... After the rider fell off the motorcycle seemed to beeline to the 2nd biker all on its own before tipping over.

[This space for rent]
post #19 of 25 Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Yea but you can see he slowed down enough to properly aim the bike, get dismounted, and still take out the 2nd. That's coordination

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #20 of 25 Old 05-01-2013, 03:43 AM
CB900

In Australia, we get points for hitting homos in Lycra

I come from the land Down Under, Where the women blow and the men thunder!!
post #21 of 25 Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Yo no sť nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdog32 View Post
In Australia, we get points for hitting homos in Lycra

post #22 of 25 Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

This video just made NBCs Today show.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #23 of 25 Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
This video just made NBCs Today show.
Let me guess, negative coverage and another black mark on motorcyclists?

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
post #24 of 25 Old 05-01-2013, 07:42 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

I only had captions to go by but I think they were more focused on the fact that the bicyclist walked away. Also that everyone has Gopros now, even though this was shot on something else like a DSLR

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #25 of 25 Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 AM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
What's up with that chicks butt crack though?
^^^ this!...more of the girl with the hot ass! Less of idiot bikers...it actually looked to be executed pretty well other than he came in a little hot and got taken down too...

...now time to rewind to chick with the hot ass

:buell:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode