Pictures @ the Park and the short story of how it all came to be - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Pictures @ the Park and the short story of how it all came to be

I was washing the bike last night and decided to try and buff out a scratch that I had gotten on the tank some time ago. It’s pretty deep so I decided to use the high speed buffer.

I did the one spot and it escaladed into a full on high speed buffing for all of the bikes painted finishes. Well it didn't get the scratch out, but it did change the color of the paint, as its much deeper looking than the factory finish!

Buffing the tank was exciting. As I was going at it I kept hearing a ticking sound? What the hell is that? Oh well, start it up again... "Tick-tick-tick" What the F*%K? Still I see nothing to cause concern, start at it again... "Tick-tick-tick-tick", this goes on for almost 20 minutes and all of a sudden I start to smell an Ionic scent? Oh Chit! Its static discharge! Not good on a gas tank but by time I realized what it was I was done!

I was actually kind of disappointed with the color change, until this morning when I pulled it out of the garage to check it out in the sun light. WoW!
I'm going to the neighborhood park and getting some pictures of this.

Click here for all of the Pictures!

Or you can just check out my favs right here!

As you might have figured out from several of my previous topics... I like taking pictures! It’s just something I do and I like to share them! It’s hit or miss with pictures. Some are just pictures and then there are those that make you appreciate what’s in the photo and the opportunity that presented itself for the photo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Cool!

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #3 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 02:44 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

nice

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index

post #4 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Great looking shots, beautiful park for a backdrop! I always enjoy that brief moment of trespassing when posing my bike places it's not supposed to be, haven't gotten run off yet as I pull up on sidewalks or down next to farmer's fields for the perfect setting. You might try changing the size of the pics when you upload to photobucket, can't see the whole thing at once on the screen when they're full size.

I'm curious why the color changed with the buffing, doesn't the red have a clear coat? Seems that you're only buffing the clear coat and not the actual color, but I guess removing some of the clear must change the way the red shows through?

post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Nice shots! Where is there a park like that in Ft. Wayne?

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
post #6 of 9 Old 08-18-2008, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Thanks guys! I don't know why the change in color was so dramatic? It must have been that the stock clear coat had just didn't have that glass like smoothness to it. It looks like the color is deeper and the metallic flakes were, for lack of a better term "Turned On".

They were taken at Lake Side Park Rose Gardens, on the corner of Lake and Forest Park Blvd. This also happens to be the park that my wife and I were married in some 15 years ago.

post #7 of 9 Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Nice job and beautiful pics! Sure wish we had a park like that here.

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs View Post
Sure wish we had a park like that here.
I drive past it every day and never give it a second thought of what a nice park it really is. Just goes to show how we take for granted the wonderful things in our lives that someone else notices right away.

post #9 of 9 Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I drive past it every day and never give it a second thought of what a nice park it really is. Just goes to show how we take for granted the wonderful things in our lives that someone else notices right away.

I'm guilty as charged....took a ride on the Jersey side of the Delware river near the Delaware Water Gap yesterday and saw some of the most beautiful areas and realized I should have been taking my family there all along.

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode