OH southern ca... i <3 you... todays ride. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

OH southern ca... i <3 you... todays ride.

Well i set out today with a general round about destination, but as usual i found myself up some windy road that lead to the middle of no where... in specific divide peak above santa Barbara. 5000 ft up.... 3 mi away as the crow flies from the ocean.

I had original intended to make it to Gibraltar reservoir, down paradise road off the 154...

Heres a lil river / creek that you have to cross to get to the dirt road that goes to the reservoir

So i crossed... it was pretty sketchy as it was super slippery with moss n whatnot... water wasnt too deep... maybe 5 in at the deepest.

come to find out just after the water crossing the road to the reservoir was closed for w/e reason... so i turned around and talked to one of the camp hosts that was chilling there and hes like hey go back up the 154 twords santa barbara and take a road called Camino Cielo.... MAN i am glad i took his advice... the road literally ran the ridge of the mountian range that separates the ocean side from the valley on the other side... it was a WIDE one lan road with AWESOME pavement.

a view from the drivers seat... all of santa barbara, and the islands.

here is a pic of the reservoir i wanted to go to... and you can actually get to it via the second road i was pointed to... but i didnt have nuff gas to feel safe to travel down the 15mi or so dirt road to it... i was already pushing it as is.

And the obligatory panoramics.... these folowing two pano's were taken in the same spot on the lil road just 180* from one another!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Allons-y!

Garage
Mighty fine shots there. Kudos. If you want a picture of flat cornfields, I'm happy to step out the back door and oblige you. JK. Enjoy it; that's some of the prettiest stuff I've ever seen.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it" ~ Ayn Rand
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Looks like a great ride!

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

thanks guys.... really wish i had filled up in santa barbara so i could splore more... guess that just means ill be forced to go back up there.... man sometimes i wish the 919 was a dual sport, or could transform into one... i dont mind riding on dirt roads with it but i gotta take it slow... 4in of suspension just dont quite cut it haha... oh and street tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode