Made the front page @ Rock Store! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 56 Old 04-17-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Made the front page @ Rock Store!

Well me n some buddies went on a ride last weekend saturday and we went and played on the snake. A section of mulholland between kanan and rock store

Paul is always up there takin photos on the weekend n i have stopped to talk to him a coupla times, nice dude. Anyways we went up last weekend and got our pics taken but i forgot about them till today. I went on his site and lo n behold I was on the front page! WOO HOO!

Flickr: RockStorePhotos.com's Photostream

Then theres me on my buddies KTM690 smc.... had a hard time keepin the front tire down on that thing haha.

_DSC8084 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
When in doubt.....GAS IT!

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Cool!

Professional
post #3 of 56 Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Representin'!

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike

post #4 of 56 Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Very, very cool. Gets some pucks. Get that knee down. You have plenty of lean, just stick that knee out!

post #5 of 56 Old 04-17-2010, 04:47 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Which KTM is that?

post #6 of 56 Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Very, very cool. Gets some pucks. Get that knee down. You have plenty of lean, just stick that knee out!
Gotten it down before a coupla times... i just dont like the holes in my pants from it. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Which KTM is that?
My buddy rides a 690SMC. fun fun bike... and let me ride it that day on a pass of the snake... but way to much vibration imo.

post #7 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Immune

And here you are chasing a DRZ, but your buddy gets the prize.

YouTube - DRZ400 Motorcycle Crash on Mulholland

post #8 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

I guess cops like to watch that guys( rnickeymouse's Channel) videos too

[youtube]oBTGgT_V5F8[/youtube]

post #9 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 03:54 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

this is classic

[youtube]6em1G-Gxhpo[/youtube]

post #10 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 04:50 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

Nice clips, that road looks like alot of fun.

post #11 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
I guess cops like to watch that guys( rnickeymouse's Channel) videos too

[youtube]oBTGgT_V5F8[/youtube]
the guy on the ZX6R is a friend of mine, I been telling him for months to take it easy on that turn or he'll end up on the hall of shame. He did not listen and now he is all over the internet, the cop turned out to be a cool guy and let him off with a warning.

post #12 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantelhonda View Post
And here you are chasing a DRZ, but your buddy gets the prize.

YouTube - DRZ400 Motorcycle Crash on Mulholland
haha and here is the chase vid

YouTube - DRZ400 Lowside chase cam.

post #13 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 06:51 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Man that road looks a ton of fun!

post #14 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

The guy washed in front of the cop because of geeking seeing the cop. Badda bing! The cop new your bud would feel enough like shit for trashing his Kwak. That does look like a great, but cop riddled place. The DRZ was having a hoot. Damn those bikes sound great with the proper tuning and pipe!!!!

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #15 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Princeps Prior

Yep --- it looked to me like he was honked over, knee down, saw the LEO and instinctively used the front brake.

I watched a couple of the videos attached to the ones above...... makes we wonder if the Desert sand/dust plays a part on some of those low/high sides.

Anyway.....VERY Cool vids everybody, looks like fun.

post #16 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Gets censored

Nice! makes me wanna go fir a ride...

post #17 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post

I watched a couple of the videos attached to the ones above...... makes we wonder if the Desert sand/dust plays a part on some of those low/high sides.
I think it's more of the overachievement. That turn looks tricky: the angle of the road is too flat for that turn, correct speed/lean angle looks to be the key there

post #18 of 56 Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
I think it's more of the overachievement. That turn looks tricky: the angle of the road is too flat for that turn, correct speed/lean angle looks to be the key there
ya, the turn itself is pretty flat, not really banked much at all. But the bigger problem is the crown in the road on the straight before the turn.... lots of people come in too hot and once they reach the top of the crown they panic and eat it at the first part.

My buddy on the drz was a weird one... mid turn, he shifted his weight and got on the throttle at the same time.

Then theres the people that get on it too much out of the turn.

But the majority are ppl who panic coming into the turn cus they are going to fast.

That section of road is SIMPLY amazing, great open banked corners for the most part, almost always clean.... only bad part is its popular and thus the cops like to hang around.

BTW mantelhonda.... they were repaving tuna canyon about 3 weeks ago, me and a buddy went down it just after they had surfaced half of it, we talked to some of the workers and they said it would be done in a week... so it should be done by now, give it another month or so for cars to pack it down and get all the oily grime off the top and O MAN its going to be crazy fun! We want to go out there on a mid week day and shut it down so we can run up it!

post #19 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Princeps Prior

man.... must be awesome having all this stuff in your back yard.

Maybe someday a few of us Easterners can come over and have you guys show us around for a couple days.

I've yet to ride anything in California. Wouldn't mind taking a week or so to ride the coast.....hitting all the good stuff on the way.

post #20 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
ya, the turn itself is pretty flat, not really banked much at all. But the bigger problem is the crown in the road on the straight before the turn.... lots of people come in too hot and once they reach the top of the crown they panic and eat it at the first part.

My buddy on the drz was a weird one... mid turn, he shifted his weight and got on the throttle at the same time.

Then theres the people that get on it too much out of the turn.

But the majority are ppl who panic coming into the turn cus they are going to fast.

That section of road is SIMPLY amazing, great open banked corners for the most part, almost always clean.... only bad part is its popular and thus the cops like to hang around.

BTW mantelhonda.... they were repaving tuna canyon about 3 weeks ago, me and a buddy went down it just after they had surfaced half of it, we talked to some of the workers and they said it would be done in a week... so it should be done by now, give it another month or so for cars to pack it down and get all the oily grime off the top and O MAN its going to be crazy fun! We want to go out there on a mid week day and shut it down so we can run up it!
Thanks for the heads up on Tuna canyon I'll check it out on Sunday, but try and keep it hush hush or you'll have all the squids heading up there. I wish they would repave Latigo canyon that would be epic.

post #21 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Immune

Quote:
the turn is kind of flat, but it is an easy turn to make if you just pay attention to your ridding. Problem is that some people get spooked and fixate at the cliff edge like this guys
YouTube - Motorcycle Crash - Rider Thrown Over Guardrail on Mulholland Hwy

YouTube - Scooter Crashes Into Guardrail on Mulholland

or try to show off for the cameras like this guy

YouTube - Highside Motorcycle Crash on Mulholland

post #22 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on Tuna canyon I'll check it out on Sunday, but try and keep it hush hush or you'll have all the squids heading up there. I wish they would repave Latigo canyon that would be epic.
naw the road to just to get to tuna is scetchy enough to scare the squids off from tuna.

and if they repaved latigo they would have to shut it down for the new malibu moto gp!

post #23 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

It looks likes someone needs to stick a sign on that road that reads "Use late apex"... might not be as fast but sure is just as much fun and is just plain smart for the street.

post #24 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Immune

_DSC6920-Edit-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Fabio's Ferrari Fiasco: 4/11/09 - a set on Flickr

It not just the bikers that get bitten by the snake, I saw Fabio trash a $400k Ferrari on the same turn last year. It was heart braking.

post #25 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Immune

Quote:
naw the road to just to get to tuna is scetchy enough to scare the squids off from tuna.

and if they repaved latigo they would have to shut it down for the new malibu moto gp!

OH YEHHHHHH. and have rescue helicopter stationed at the top.

post #26 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
man.... must be awesome having all this stuff in your back yard.

Maybe someday a few of us Easterners can come over and have you guys show us around for a couple days.

I've yet to ride anything in California. Wouldn't mind taking a week or so to ride the coast.....hitting all the good stuff on the way.
California is truly MC heaven, if you are ever around this part of the country it I would be more than happy to show you around, I promise you won't be disappointed specially when you guys are freezing your butts off in the winter the hardest decision I have to make is, "should I wear the vented or non vented ridding gear"

post #27 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 04:01 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
California is truly MC heaven, if you are ever around this part of the country it I would be more than happy to show you around, I promise you won't be disappointed specially when you guys are freezing your butts off in the winter the hardest decision I have to make is, "should I wear the vented or non vented ridding gear"
This will end soon, Whitman says no more twisty roads in the budget and winters will be harsh from now on

post #28 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Immune

Quote:
This will end soon, Whitman says no more twisty roads in the budget and winters will be harsh from now on
then we are truly f#cked , because all of our main roads and freeway are in such poor shape that you can't drive on them in Range Rover or a Hummer.

post #29 of 56 Old 10-02-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
then we are truly f#cked , because all of our main roads and freeway are in such poor shape that you can't drive on them in Range Rover or a Hummer.
lol its bad when chevy has to come out with specific body bushings for my truck because the california freeways cause harmonic flexing of the chassis and cause a horrible ride with the stock non gel dampening busings LOL.

I wouldnt mind crazy harsh winters tho, i <3 skiing... last season (09/10) was EPIC due to el nino.... not so sure about this season tho.

post #30 of 56 Old 04-02-2011, 08:35 PM
This town needs an enema!

Quote:
the guy on the ZX6R is a friend of mine, I been telling him for months to take it easy on that turn or he'll end up on the hall of shame. He did not listen and now he is all over the internet, the cop turned out to be a cool guy and let him off with a warning.
there's nothing quite like public humiliation as punishment

| '02 919 - Batcycle | '00 Suzuki SV650 |

Barbarians at the Gate
facebook.com/batgband
post #31 of 56 Old 04-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Why's everything on fire?

Garage
Quote:
Well me n some buddies went on a ride last weekend saturday and we went and played on the snake. A section of mulholland between kanan and rock store

Paul is always up there takin photos on the weekend n i have stopped to talk to him a coupla times, nice dude. Anyways we went up last weekend and got our pics taken but i forgot about them till today. I went on his site and lo n behold I was on the front page! WOO HOO!

Isn't this you from back at the end of January? (4:06 and after)

YouTube - Riders Saturday 1/ 29/2011

If so, your bike was the deciding vote on my purchase of a 919.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
post #32 of 56 Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherWings View Post
there's nothing quite like public humiliation as punishment
unlike some, I always take it easy on that turn, too many cameras to record the embarrassment

post #33 of 56 Old 04-03-2011, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB700S View Post
Isn't this you from back at the end of January? (4:06 and after)

YouTube - Riders Saturday 1/ 29/2011

If so, your bike was the deciding vote on my purchase of a 919.
yup!!! that was me! didnt realize he was filming that day. between the time that was shot and now i have learned to pull up into a wheelie comming out of the turn going uphill which looks fuggin cool. u can see me pull it up just a lil going down hill in the vid on the passes i made.

and classic me, forgets to put the passenger peg up after putting my helmet on it!

thanks for sharing that vid, first time i saw it, and first time i have seen myself from a not on the bike camera moving!!! didnt realize i carried so much speed through those turns!

and im glad u made the 919 purchase! i love mine, and its so awesome to completely throw people off when u do pull off a beautiful turn up into a wheelie... they just go... umm wtf just happened!

also... i remember that day quite good cus i hung around and watched the show for awhile. I remember all of us chillin there were waiting for the dude on the blue drz to eat it... guy was riding like a fuggin goon.

post #34 of 56 Old 04-03-2011, 01:20 AM

I made the cover of Victory John's flickr album/set back on 07/10/10

Victory Jon's photosets on Flickr (scroll down halfway down to Mulholland Sat 07/10 Cycles)

the prize-winning photo:

VJB_1694 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

few more from that day (when they had just repaved mulholland):

Barbarians at the Gate
facebook.com/batgband
post #35 of 56 Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

oh ya mulholland is so nice now that they repaved it!

i dont make it down past the rockstore often but when i do its usually mulholland to stunt all the way to tuna canyon (of which was just repaved as well!!!!!)

post #36 of 56 Old 04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Señor Calamares

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherWings View Post

post #37 of 56 Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

btw leatherwings, how often u up by the rockstore area?

post #38 of 56 Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
btw leatherwings, how often u up by the rockstore area?
I used to go all the time (2-4 times a month) but i haven't been goin out nearly as often these days . I've seen you out there on your silver 919 a handful of times. I was actually just out there this past weekend for the 1st time in a LONG time and bumped into mantelhonda.

some pics from Saturday The Snake: Apr. 02, '11 PM session - a set on Flickr :

I was on my SV this time; the 919 needs a new front tire (among other things):

mantelhonda on his candy red romper:

Barbarians at the Gate
facebook.com/batgband
post #39 of 56 Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

we should all plan a day and show the snake whos boss 919 style!

come to think of it, i think i have talked to you once a while back. i remember a guy with a blue sv that i talked to that said he had a 919 as well!

i wish i coulda made it out this weekend, but alas, i tore the MCL in my right knee skiing 2 weeks ago. and cant quite bend my right leg enough to get my foot up on the peg of the bike... i mean i can get it on, but its not comfortable on my knee at the moment :-/

post #40 of 56 Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
we should all plan a day and show the snake whos boss 919 style!
let's do it!

Quote:
come to think of it, i think i have talked to you once a while back. i remember a guy with a blue sv that i talked to that said he had a 919 as well!
that be me!

Quote:
i wish i coulda made it out this weekend, but alas, i tore the MCL in my right knee skiing 2 weeks ago.
ouch. heal up soon, bro.

jus wonderin, where did you go skiing? one of the local resorts? how was the snow? I finally went snowboarding 2 weeks ago for the 1st time this season up in Tahoe. Made me realize i really need to get up to the mountains more often, so i'm thinkin bout hittin up Mt High or Big Bear before the season is over.

Quote:
... i mean i can get it on, but its not comfortable on my knee at the moment :-/
heheh

Barbarians at the Gate
facebook.com/batgband

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode