I think I may have found my new addiction - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
They call me a ride whore

I think I may have found my new addiction

You wouldn't think a 37 hp bike could be so much fun, especially after 11 years on a 100 hp sportbike...... but it really is! I'm pretty excited..... just got my dirt bike tagged through South Dakota.... Put on the Baja Designs dual sport kit and she's ready to go do some exploring on the many MANY killer backroads right around my house.... some of which are more trails than roads, lol. I have a feeling my hour meter is about to skyrocket, lol..... guess we'll see just how far the ol' girl will go! (pretty sure it's never been rebuilt either, if I had to guess). I'm gonna dual sport it for now but eventually plan on getting some supermoto wheels laced up as well. I'm excited!! I still love the street bike as well, but I like being able to just jump off the main road and check out some random dirt road and see where they go

A few pics....

Been doing some riding with my neighbor too

-Jared

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 238,500 miles and still kicking
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 427,300 miles still running strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Chicken Strips

Garage
Nice, My next second bike will be a dual sport. How hard was it to title as a street bike in your state?

07' 919 - In Progress

Dan
post #3 of 6 Old 03-30-2016, 08:40 PM
Centurion

Being stuck with factory dual sports my whole life, I've always had a question about these plated dirt bikes---how do you get the required street insurance on a bike that when they run the VIN will come back as for off-road use only (or more importantly--if you have to use it--how will they not drop you/not cover you at that time when they finally realize it)?

You have a SD address to use or you are able to use your home state address?

post #4 of 6 Old 03-31-2016, 02:25 AM
Princeps Prior

I know in Ohio we have an inspection form you can fill out that will change the title status . You just need to buy all of the requirements. Signals, headlight, taillight etc. Then have it inspected by the State highway patrol.

post #5 of 6 Old 04-02-2016, 05:21 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

In Indiana, we used to be able to get dirtbikes plated. But the State put an end to that. However, we can get a "Sticker" that allows us to ride on secondary roads. We can cross highways. So I did the only logical thing. I bought a WR250R, and a WR250F. BTW, the F is a fabulous trail bike.

post #6 of 6 Old 04-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
In Indiana, we used to be able to get dirtbikes plated. But the State put an end to that. However, we can get a "Sticker" that allows us to ride on secondary roads. We can cross highways. So I did the only logical thing. I bought a WR250R, and a WR250F. BTW, the F is a fabulous trail bike.
Yes it is I have a 2001

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode