Finally some warm days to take the bike out - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Finally some warm days to take the bike out

Hey guys,

I had the bike apart for the most part of the winter doing some little mods Ive been waiting to do for a while. I finally changed out the stock air filter for a performance filter, and removed the airbox to dremel holes in it to allow more air. The bike has the same 1340cc as the 08+ Busa's but has no ram air, and a smaller airbox so the free airbox mod really woke it up. I had to add a power commander to tune the bike for the airbox mod to make it run properly. I was able to get a free tune from Fuel Moto, and seems to be properly matched to my mods. After the new mods the bike should be making 175-180whp now up from 160-165whp. I also always wanted to lower the bike, but only having the bike made one year parts used to be far and few between to find anything. So finally found some reviews on these new $20 lowering links, and went ahead, and bought them. I lowered the rear 1.5, and brought the front down 3/4's that really helped me flat foot the bike for the first time ever. Even tho I am six foot I used to be on the balls of my feet or tippy toed which is completely gone now. While I had the bike apart I painted the ignition piece on the tank that used to be chrome flat black. I still have to put on myall black sprockets to go on that are down one, and up two in back. I removed the last few of the frame/chain guard stickers, and the stickers on the sliders. I also swapped the H4 bulb for a new Drag specialities bright white bulb to help seeing at night, and people seeing me. Ive rode twice this week, and already put on 100 miles on the bike. Can't wait for some new drag times, and finally get those sprockets on there. Some pics, enjoy
Don-

Don-
2008 Suzuki B King Silver/Gray -not stock -
2005 Honda 919 Black - not stock -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Optio

Garage
Still not a huge fan of the look of the Bking but I do like the look of yours especially with the aftermarket exhaust. I would love to ride a naked bike with that much power, would make for a interesting ride.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
post #3 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Discen

good lookin bike you got there
i like it

post #4 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedave View Post
Still not a huge fan of the look of the Bking but I do like the look of yours especially with the aftermarket exhaust. I would love to ride a naked bike with that much power, would make for a interesting ride.
Orginally wanted a black one, but lil late now. Was hard finding a black color locally from it being more popular.

Don-
post #5 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Le So Cal Troll

i would kill myself with that much power.... i flog the hell outta my 919 and still only use maybe 80% of its potential... and im already going way to fast for street riding lol... knee and peg draggin everywhere lol.

post #6 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Princeps Prior

Awesome! Chicago has been pretty warm the last couple days.

Finally got out for my 2nd ride today..... it was 55 here in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

post #7 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
Awesome! Chicago has been pretty warm the last couple days.

Finally got out for my 2nd ride today..... it was 55 here in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Ya finally in the 40s and 50s.

Don-
post #8 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Le So Cal Troll

u poor poor people and ur cold.... for that , i have ridden double the ammount this winter for u guys, to make up for your not riding.... <3 so cal.

post #9 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
u poor poor people and ur cold.... for that , i have ridden double the ammount this winter for u guys, to make up for your not riding.... <3 so cal.
Anytime you want to switch let me know

Don-
post #10 of 11 Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
lusting over something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKingforlife View Post
Hey guys,

I had the bike apart for the most part of the winter doing some little mods Ive been waiting to do for a while. I finally changed out the stock air filter for a performance filter, and removed the airbox to dremel holes in it to allow more air. The bike has the same 1340cc as the 08+ Busa's but has no ram air, and a smaller airbox so the free airbox mod really woke it up. I had to add a power commander to tune the bike for the airbox mod to make it run properly. I was able to get a free tune from Fuel Moto, and seems to be properly matched to my mods. After the new mods the bike should be making 175-180whp now up from 160-165whp. I also always wanted to lower the bike, but only having the bike made one year parts used to be far and few between to find anything. So finally found some reviews on these new $20 lowering links, and went ahead, and bought them. I lowered the rear 1.5, and brought the front down 3/4's that really helped me flat foot the bike for the first time ever. Even tho I am six foot I used to be on the balls of my feet or tippy toed which is completely gone now. While I had the bike apart I painted the ignition piece on the tank that used to be chrome flat black. I still have to put on myall black sprockets to go on that are down one, and up two in back. I removed the last few of the frame/chain guard stickers, and the stickers on the sliders. I also swapped the H4 bulb for a new Drag specialities bright white bulb to help seeing at night, and people seeing me. Ive rode twice this week, and already put on 100 miles on the bike. Can't wait for some new drag times, and finally get those sprockets on there. Some pics, enjoy
Don-

I love the bike.... but a question, how/where did you drill holes in your airbox? Doesn't that make having an air cleaner kind of...well, you know...

post #11 of 11 Old 03-17-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_kraska View Post
I love the bike.... but a question, how/where did you drill holes in your airbox? Doesn't that make having an air cleaner kind of...well, you know...
It's a common mod, and is been known to dyno 10whp from it. There isnt much room for a bigger airbox like on the busa, or room to manage ram air because of the frame. So your stuck with the exact same motor as the hayabusa trying to breath through a straw, and not a proper set up.

Don-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode