Another deer wreck video - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

Another deer wreck video

Me vs. Deer (On my Supermoto) - YouTube

Skip to 7:30 for the wreck.

I can't get past this guy being a big P$%#$y.

Make sure you wear gear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Hastatus Prior

sooooo was his leg actually broke or what? He said he thought it was but then he tells the dude who stopped he was fine.

All that screaming and it looked like he probably just had road rash (which I'm sure hurt like shit, but come on man, you just gonna lay in the street)

"A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life."
-2005 CBR 600 F4i
-2001 RC51 ** SOLD
-2002 VFR 800**SOLD
-2002 919 **SOLD
-2006 599 ** WRECKED
post #3 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Need more money

Shorts on a bike?

"Make sure you wear gear!" +1

post #4 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 03:16 PM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT26
Shorts on a bike?

"Make sure you wear gear!" +1
Sorry but I have to admit, I've rode with shorts!...there I said it!! So now what?

:buell:
post #5 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 03:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash97 View Post
Sorry but I have to admit, I've rode with shorts!...there I said it!! So now what?
No skin off my back...

...arms...legs...feet...etc.

post #6 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Need more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash97 View Post
Yep, I remember riding a V65 magna from the beach in only shorts, no helmet, hitting triple digits with the cords showing on the back tire, young, dumb, and lucky

post #7 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Milites Gregarius

lol at the deer turd on his leg

post #8 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase

This happened to my buddy last night(deer)

image-706359025.jpg

post #9 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemond View Post
lol at the deer turd on his leg
That's what I thought!!!

"Mom. I hit a deer so hard shit came out of my knee!!"

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #10 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

Yep his ankle broke. He has pictures up on an sm board.

post #11 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Hastatus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
Yep his ankle broke. He has pictures up on an sm board.
OK, well maybe I don't blame him for making a fuss, shit probably hurt. I guess the adrenaline made him yell help 100 times, but why the hell did he say he didn't need 911 lol

"A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life."
-2005 CBR 600 F4i
-2001 RC51 ** SOLD
-2002 VFR 800**SOLD
-2002 919 **SOLD
-2006 599 ** WRECKED
post #12 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

I've found that adrenaline makes you not freak but rather try to get up or play it off like nothing happened.
post #13 of 37 Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM
I want to go to there

I have come within a foot of hitting a deer on my 919 before. Scary! & there are tons of em here in the northwest. That was kinda crazy! I feel for the guy, but geez don't yell help 50 times laying in the middle of the road then not except help. at least get to the side of the road. Maybe he's a young guy & was really shook up.

Broken ankles suck!!

I had a snowboarding accident 2 years ago (wasn't even jumping or do anything crazy) on the last day of the season, 1st run of the day. caught front edge going 25-30 on hard pack & fliped & tumbled. The guy behind me stopped & said "dude that was big! R u ok?" He helped me up & I took 3 steps then stopped. Told him I sprang my ankle & needed a ride down on the sled.

At the first aid they thought it might be bad. Put a cardboard splint on & gave me some aspirin. after 2 days of crawling around my apartment I went in on monday to get x-rays. Doctor was like "wtf how did you not come to the ER".

I shattered the bottom of my right tibia, (ankle bone shoved up & caved it in), sprang my other ankle really bad, cracked 2 ribs, & sprang my wrist. I got 6 permanent screws in my right leg, right in the ankle joint. 6 months of no weight on that leg at all. It sucked!!
But I never yelled like that.

post #14 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 06:31 AM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase

Check this stunt!! We need to train all the deer to do this

image-3324125796.jpg

post #15 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Tyrone Shoelaces

Dude, come on. Quit being such a bitch (and a squid).

“You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.”-Ron Swanson
post #16 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Le So Cal Troll

lolol ya that sucks.

Was out in the canyons a month or two ago with some buddies. I went off first my slower buddy followed, and the faster one stayed and waited for a couple of min so he could catch up to the slower buddy.

We get down the canyon a couple of miles and i stop and wait for the slower buddy expecting the faster buddy to be right behind him... slower bud shows up... faster one no where to be found so we wait for another 2 min or so and he finally shows up. and i go... what happened man.

Hes like... making a sweeping left... deer comes down the embankment on the inside of the turn... starts running parallel with me... then jumps over the back of my bike, using his exhaust as a stepping stool haha.

fuckin deer.

post #17 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Tyrone Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
fuckin deer.

“You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.”-Ron Swanson
post #18 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM
The Cripple

and this is one of many MAJOR reason why i dont go rip it up on back roads/twisties. we have deer, elk, mountain lions, rabbits, possums, skunks (a lot of them!), squirrels, and birds that like to cross the road all the time. even ran over a squirrel mid corner once (so lucky i didnt go down since i was at an angle and knew if i changed angles i was royally screwed). i've hit too many deer and other animals while in a cage to push my luck on a bike.

i'll never understand why people choose to go rip it up anyways. it'll be the track for me.

oh and this kid.... he's just a kid. called his mom first instead of 911, typical and didnt even wear gear. i think he was more shocked than anything that he wasn't so invincible like he had himself convinced to be.

what makes it even worse is that he had plenty of time to avoid that deer. he just simply wasn't paying attention! that deer wasn't all that fast jumping into the road, much less his lane and could of easily been avoided.

however, i pity him (only a little bit), a broken ankle and road rash such as that sucks. hopefully he learns his lessons:

a. wear protective gear!

b. pay the fuck attention when you're in a possible "something could pop out onto the road at any time from the brush" situation.

c. work on avoiding that target fixation!

post #19 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

That deer had cold hooves. He had no business running like that until they were warmed up.

post #20 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
That deer had cold hooves. He had no business running like that until they were warmed up.
that explains it!!!

post #21 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Yeah, but I bet the sh!t on his leg felt warm at first ...

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #22 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
and this is one of many MAJOR reason why i dont go rip it up on back roads/twisties. we have deer, elk, mountain lions, rabbits, possums, skunks (a lot of them!), squirrels, and birds that like to cross the road all the time. even ran over a squirrel mid corner once (so lucky i didnt go down since i was at an angle and knew if i changed angles i was royally screwed). i've hit too many deer and other animals while in a cage to push my luck on a bike.
Looks like pretty straight roads to me, he also seemed to be riding pretty normal, nothing too extreme about it. Looked like he was well within the limits of the roads.

We have tons of deer in Maryland, last time I saw some there were about 10 of them in one area all next to the road, I just aimed straight and hoped non of them jumped into me. I honestly am not too worried about deer, I am but not as much as the other killers..... Its those damn cars that worry me.

Bottom line, shit happens. Want to reduce the chance of being hurt on a motorcycle? Stop riding on the street.
post #23 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffie7 View Post
Looks like pretty straight roads to me, he also seemed to be riding pretty normal, nothing too extreme about it. Looked like he was well within the limits of the roads.
ok, count how many seconds from the time the deer is spotted in the brush to the time it reaches the dude's lane. plenty of time to react. so he was either going too fast for his skill level (most likely cause), not paying the fuck attention (also most likely along with first option), or he's just oblivious to the possibility of deer being around.

i grew up and learned to drive/ride in deer country.... this kid was just a kid.

post #24 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

hellotothedeer - YouTube

My own deer video. Deer show up right at the end, I lost count of how many there were, you can only see 2 in the video but I had more coming at me from the right, guessing 6+ deer.
post #25 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

Quote:
ok, count how many seconds from the time the deer is spotted in the brush to the time it reaches the dude's lane. plenty of time to react. so he was either going too fast for his skill level (most likely cause), not paying the fuck attention (also most likely along with first option), or he's just oblivious to the possibility of deer being around.

i grew up and learned to drive/ride in deer country.... this kid was just a kid.
Never said he could ride, just that he was well within the limits of the road, you said you avoid ripping up the backroads.

In his defense, if he was going 20mph and a deer jumped into him I still think he would have hit it lol.
post #26 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I notice in my helmet cam vids that when I brake hard you can tell on the camera.

This kid didn't brake at all, or he was using rear brake only. And I agree that he had time to react and didn't, but that doesn't mean he wasn't just glancing to the side at that exact moment when the dear jumped out. He could have at least braked a bit harder, I believe.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #27 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
My own deer video. Deer show up right at the end, I lost count of how many there were, you can only see 2 in the video but I had more coming at me from the right, guessing 6+ deer.
and you dont see the difference between you and the kid? you are aware of the possibility of deer being in the area, and you had already made note of the threat and started reacting before you even got to where the deer was.

go back to the kid's video and watch what the kid was doing (or more importantly, what he wasn't doing such as looking ahead, checking out the sides, didnt swerve or brake, etc). he had plenty of time to react, to do something, but he didn't.

post #28 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Never said he could ride, just that he was well within the limits of the road, you said you avoid ripping up the backroads.

In his defense, if he was going 20mph and a deer jumped into him I still think he would have hit it lol.
not paying attention to your surroundings (and more so when there's the possibility of deer/elk/cows) is not within the limits of the road, PERIOD.

if he was going 20 mph in said video you'd still defend him? dude go back, and COUNT how many seconds he had from the time the deer is spotted on camera to the time it reaches the center yellow line. it was totally avoidable, and the kid didn't do ANYTHING except target fixate on the deer.

post #29 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

Quote:
and you dont see the difference between you and the kid? you are aware of the possibility of deer being in the area, and you had already made note of the threat and started reacting before you even got to where the deer was.

go back to the kid's video and watch what the kid was doing (or more importantly, what he wasn't doing such as looking ahead, checking out the sides, didnt swerve or brake, etc). he had plenty of time to react, to do something, but he didn't.
You are missing my point all together.

You said that YOU avoid riding back roads and ripping it up on backroads because of deer and critters.

He really wasn't on what I'd call a backroad it was rather straight, he was always riding rather slow (IMO) and we can both agree hes a new rider that fully missed what could have been avoided.

My point was, shit happens and while you wont rip up backroads I have zero problem doing so since I'd rather run into a deer then to get taken out by a soccer mom. Only way to remove real world dangers is to keep it on a track.
post #30 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
The Cripple

Quote:

You said that YOU avoid riding back roads and ripping it up on backroads because of deer and critters.
clearly you missed my statement, so let me re-post it for you here and expand:

Quote:
not paying attention to your surroundings (and more so when there's the possibility of deer/elk/cows) is not within the limits of the road, PERIOD.
so to me, he was "ripping it up" because he wasn't paying attention to anything. i'll concede that "ripping it up" was likely too strong of a description.

i never said i avoid riding back roads. i avoid riding in a way that puts me at un-needed risk (due to my own faults) in areas possible for deer, cows, elk to pop out in surprise. this means being 150% aware in those areas. not just dicking around, spacing off, etc.

hopefully me rephrasing my meaning helps clarify things a bit.

post #31 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffie7

He really wasn't on what I'd call a backroad it was rather straight, he was always riding rather slow (IMO) and we can both agree hes a new rider that fully missed what could have been avoided.

My point was, shit happens and while you wont rip up backroads I have zero problem doing so since I'd rather run into a deer then to get taken out by a soccer mom. Only way to remove real world dangers is to keep it on a track.
????.....YES!!!! I've been looking for a completely safe place to ride

post #32 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
NWTB Non Stinky 919

Quote:
clearly you missed my statement, so let me re-post it for you here and expand:

so to me, he was "ripping it up" because he wasn't paying attention to anything. i'll concede that "ripping it up" was likely too strong of a description.

i never said i avoid riding back roads. i avoid riding in a way that puts me at un-needed risk (due to my own faults) in areas possible for deer, cows, elk to pop out in surprise. this means being 150% aware in those areas. not just dicking around, spacing off, etc.

hopefully me rephrasing my meaning helps clarify things a bit.
So if I understand things correctly, you wont ride while not paying attention.
post #33 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Hastatus Prior

I rip so hard on the back roads the deer are too astounded to move. They just stand back mouth agape in amazement at the back road ripping Messiah in action.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

-2005 CBR 600 F4i
-2001 RC51 ** SOLD
-2002 VFR 800**SOLD
-2002 919 **SOLD
-2006 599 ** WRECKED
post #34 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Let's all keep our panties out of a wad...

Have you guys seen the episode of Mythbusters where they throw Grant into the shark-infested water? Same primal yell for help.

If I could find a link to the video I would post it.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #35 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Le So Cal Troll

deer whistles anyone?

post #36 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
deer whistles anyone?
You will also need elk, mountain lion, rabbit, possum, skunk, squirrel, and bird whistles and eventually a whistle eliminator. It will get mighty expensive.

post #37 of 37 Old 05-14-2012, 04:36 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Me vs. Deer (On my Supermoto) - YouTube

Skip to 7:30 for the wreck.

I can't get past this guy being a big P$%#$y.

Make sure you wear gear!
I'm absolutely amazed that no one picked up on the irony of this.
Jeffie7 posted this on Mothers Day !
The lengths that some people will go to make their Mother still feel needed !
Surely the "big P$%#$y" routine was all part of it.
The guy must have WANTED to sound like a baby.
The only thing missing was the camera showing him spitting out a soother.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode