Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Warm Riding Pants

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  RBrider 
#1 ·
Any of you year long riders recommend some warm pants that fit over existing clothes. wARM AND WATERPROFF.

tHANKS

#5 ·
could you please stand up so we could all see?

#3 ·
I wear the Fieldsheer overpants. The are comfortable into the mid-thirties without their liner and comfortable into the high 20's with the liner. After that, I need long underwear to go with them. They are waterproof for a couple of hours of hard rain, if you expect more than that you should also have raingear over them. Be careful to check the flaps on the pockets (especially the leg pockets), because they put some of them on backwards, exposing them to the wind and letting water in.

#8 · (Edited)
They are actually sized as over-pants. I wear 34/34 in jeans/pants so I first ordered the XL to fit over them. They were WAY too baggy in the waist so I went back and exchanged them for a Large pair. Perfecto. They are a little loose in the waist without shorts/pants underneath so I usually throw on a pair of shorts in the summer.

#13 · (Edited)
#18 ·
I wear JR Alter Ego pants. I have been wearing them over jeans when it has been around freezing. In the summer I zip off the panel that runs up each leg and around the back and wear shorts underneath. They come with a waterproof liner, but I have never used it. I find these good for every temp range I ride in.

Jeff

#19 · (Edited)
#20 ·
These might not be the most asthestically pleasing pants, but they are VERY warm and they work great - PLUS they are oh so easy on and off!
I'm sure those work very well on a construction site, or for doing chores out in the farmyard. if htat's what you want em for, then great!

Swimdog didn't specify at the beginning of this thread, but I'm confident that the intention was to ask about motorcycle specific protective gear, which the dickies are not...you could as well point out that snowboarding pants would work pretty well, or carhartt's with trash bag liners and some volleyball kneepads would work, too. :thumbdown:

...but I could be wrong.

#23 ·
If you can find some leftover/closeouts on MotoGP Alpine riding pants, they'll do the job for you.

I've worn mine on long trips in cold, sometimes wet, weather and they do a great job of keeping you warm and dry, while being comfortable too. The sizing is accurate, as well.

Even with the quilted liner out, they're warm, but with the quilted liner zipped in, they'll keep you warm in as cold of weather as you'll likely ever ride in.

Forget about using them in warm weather though, they would cook you!

RB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.